Total Posts:113|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

For You Conservatives Against Gay Rights

Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 11:25:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Funny.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 12:00:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know, reading these makes me wonder what civil unions are exactly. I have always been Con civil unions and pro Gay Marriage. The reason is that Gay people have just as much right to marry as straight people. (I won't get into detail as this has been rehashed quite a bit). So, why do so many gay people on this site favor civil unions? Isn't it a halfass version of a marriage? Why settle for that?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 2:14:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 12:00:15 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
You know, reading these makes me wonder what civil unions are exactly. I have always been Con civil unions and pro Gay Marriage. The reason is that Gay people have just as much right to marry as straight people. (I won't get into detail as this has been rehashed quite a bit). So, why do so many gay people on this site favor civil unions? Isn't it a halfass version of a marriage? Why settle for that?

Theoretically, if done thoroughly, a civil union gets the gays their share of the loot taken from singles for subsidies while letting religious folk love and hug and pet their magic word and call it George.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:17:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 10:50:46 AM, Danielle wrote:
Here are some pics I find interesting...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Arguments against mix-raced marriage vs. Arguments against same-sex marriage

http://www.equalitygiving.org...

If you're against gay rights, you're in favor of...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

And these are just some pics I found endearing and/or humorous :)


http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...



https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Is there any point to this? Other than to make conservatives angry?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:28:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LOL, Danielle has her own unique way of doing things. Don't question her if you value your soul. ;) (just kidding, Danielle! Love you! <3) She's the best debater on this site :)
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:28:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LOL the Louis C.K. one is just awesome. I love it when he insults kids. It's freakin hilarious.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:30:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 3:17:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 5/24/2012 10:50:46 AM, Danielle wrote:
Here are some pics I find interesting...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Arguments against mix-raced marriage vs. Arguments against same-sex marriage

http://www.equalitygiving.org...

If you're against gay rights, you're in favor of...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

And these are just some pics I found endearing and/or humorous :)


http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...



https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Is there any point to this? Other than to make conservatives angry?

To make me laugh ^_^
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:35:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 3:17:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Is there any point to this? Other than to make conservatives angry?

Yeah, to use comedy and other methods to highlight your ignorance - particularly the fact that the exact same (stupid) arguments used against mixed-race marriage are being applied to gay marriage today. Did you have a point other than ignoring all of the pertinent messages the photos displayed, or...?
President of DDO
SuburbiaSurvivor
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:39:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 10:50:46 AM, Danielle wrote:
Here are some pics I find interesting...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Arguments against mix-raced marriage vs. Arguments against same-sex marriage

http://www.equalitygiving.org...

If you're against gay rights, you're in favor of...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

And these are just some pics I found endearing and/or humorous :)


http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com...



https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...

Yup, my views on gay marriage have been totally changed because of these pictures. These pictures have changed my life. I am going to go show all my friends these pictures so they'll change their views on gay marriage too.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 3:51:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thanks for the pic, Danielle.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:00:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 3:59:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I don't like how everyone uses Leviticus against homosexuality.

I'd rather use Romans than Leviticus because its NT.

Well, ya gotta use something! amirite??
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:05:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 4:00:23 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/24/2012 3:59:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I don't like how everyone uses Leviticus against homosexuality.

I'd rather use Romans than Leviticus because its NT.

Well, ya gotta use something! amirite??

I was eating, so the laugh was not appreciated.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:06:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 3:39:02 PM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
Yup, my views on gay marriage have been totally changed because of these pictures. These pictures have changed my life. I am going to go show all my friends these pictures so they'll change their views on gay marriage too.

I didn't think these would change anyone's views... but I hope you do pass them on :)

I won't be offended by your un-funny sarcasm. These are merely pics I found interesting and/or entertaining, which I specified in the OP. I don't care if you disagree. It's not like I expect social conservatives to have a sense of humor let alone any intelligence. If all of the compelling logical arguments haven't convinced you that your views are dead wrong, I don't expect a few pictures to. Duh.
President of DDO
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 4:24:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 4:05:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/24/2012 4:00:23 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/24/2012 3:59:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I don't like how everyone uses Leviticus against homosexuality.

I'd rather use Romans than Leviticus because its NT.

Well, ya gotta use something! amirite??

I was eating, so the laugh was not appreciated.

hehe sorry. please don't choke :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:14:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just a question that this thread made me think of: does anyone know of anyone who'd be considered a liberal who opposes gay marriage?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:16:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 5:14:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Just a question that this thread made me think of: does anyone know of anyone who'd be considered a liberal who opposes gay marriage?
Mitt Romney. <.<
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:16:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 5:14:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Just a question that this thread made me think of: does anyone know of anyone who'd be considered a liberal who opposes gay marriage?

Woah! Is that a koan, dude?

Nice one.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:17:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 5:16:04 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/24/2012 5:14:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Just a question that this thread made me think of: does anyone know of anyone who'd be considered a liberal who opposes gay marriage?
Mitt Romney. <.<

Lol!!!!!!!!
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
LibertyCampbell
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 5:47:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Gay Rights" is a misnomer. Everyone has rights, and men and women have differentiating positive rights based upon their nature. For instance, if marriage is about procreation, nobody is denying a man the right to marry a woman, but they are denying a mans right, any mans right, to marry a man. Same goes for women.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:23:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 3:59:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I don't like how everyone uses Leviticus against homosexuality.

I'd rather use Romans than Leviticus because its NT.

Still doesn't prove anything unless Christian theism is proven beforehand brah.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:24:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 5:14:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Just a question that this thread made me think of: does anyone know of anyone who'd be considered a liberal who opposes gay marriage?

Obama pre- a few days ago.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:24:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 5:47:59 PM, LibertyCampbell wrote:
"Gay Rights" is a misnomer. Everyone has rights, and men and women have differentiating positive rights based upon their nature. For instance, if marriage is about procreation, nobody is denying a man the right to marry a woman, but they are denying a mans right, any mans right, to marry a man. Same goes for women.

Warrant?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:26:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm against government interfering in marriage in general.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
LibertyCampbell
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:28:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 7:24:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 5/24/2012 5:47:59 PM, LibertyCampbell wrote:
"Gay Rights" is a misnomer. Everyone has rights, and men and women have differentiating positive rights based upon their nature. For instance, if marriage is about procreation, nobody is denying a man the right to marry a woman, but they are denying a mans right, any mans right, to marry a man. Same goes for women.

Warrant?

If.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2012 7:31:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/24/2012 7:26:55 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I'm against government interfering in marriage in general.

But it does, so.
President of DDO