Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Female on Male Rape/Abuse

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:32:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
...is probably much more common than we think. While reportings of these nonstatutory are very low, there is indeed a lot of cases that most likely go unreported, particularly due to societal double standards, with a general belief that males cannot be raped or abuse by females, for various reasons.

Basically, I feel the female on male rapes/sexual abuse/sexual assault should be recognized much more to avoid and debunk the various stereotypes and predispositions we have toward this concept. By doing this, we also are able to potentially help out more men who have been abused by women than we are currently able to, both with sexual abuse, as well as other types of abuse.

What do you think, though?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:04:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Concretize "Recognize more." As far as I know it is possible to prosecute female rapists with male victims in the United States.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:05:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And name the actor you advocate taking those actions once concretized.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:08:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I wasn't advocating a specific action. It was more of a general observation that people don't recognize/take seriously female on male as they do male on female.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:17:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 4:04:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Concretize "Recognize more." As far as I know it is possible to prosecute female rapists with male victims in the United States.

Those changes to gender-neutrality have actually been recent. Regardless, the double standard is still very ingrained into our societal complex.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:17:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 4:09:18 PM, Clash wrote:
A male being raped by a female. Lol, how is that even possible?

In the same ways a man can rape a woman. Coersion, drugging, even physical force, etc.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Clash
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 4:24:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 4:17:33 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 6/14/2012 4:09:18 PM, Clash wrote:
A male being raped by a female. Lol, how is that even possible?

In the same ways a man can rape a woman. Coersion, drugging, even physical force, etc.

Those women who do that must really be sick. If they want to get laid then they can do that easily without raping. I mean, they are women.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 9:15:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 4:24:38 PM, Clash wrote:
At 6/14/2012 4:17:33 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 6/14/2012 4:09:18 PM, Clash wrote:
A male being raped by a female. Lol, how is that even possible?

In the same ways a man can rape a woman. Coersion, drugging, even physical force, etc.

Those women who do that must really be sick. If they want to get laid then they can do that easily without raping. I mean, they are women.

It's about power. Rape always is about power.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:14:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 9:15:20 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/14/2012 4:24:38 PM, Clash wrote:
At 6/14/2012 4:17:33 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 6/14/2012 4:09:18 PM, Clash wrote:
A male being raped by a female. Lol, how is that even possible?

In the same ways a man can rape a woman. Coersion, drugging, even physical force, etc.

Those women who do that must really be sick. If they want to get laid then they can do that easily without raping. I mean, they are women.

It's about power. Rape always is about power.

http://www.quickmeme.com...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:15:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 4:08:18 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wasn't advocating a specific action. It was more of a general observation that people don't recognize/take seriously female on male as they do male on female.

It's true. It's really very sad. When men are raped by women, it is an instance where people often stop and think, "what, you couldn't have fought her off?" It's almost like a knee-jerk victim-blaming in the form of questioning the victim's masculinity. Ironically, it isn't unlike the victim-blaming women face wherein their femininity is in question- "what was she wearing?" "was she flirting?" etc. etc.

I wish people would just look at it for what it is: violence against another person. The extra nonsense is unnecessary.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:33:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
While female and male rape may be more common than we think, it should be noted that non-penetrative sex (i.e. a woman forces a man to enter her, not vice versa) has much less potential for physical consequences. While the...appendage...may suffer damage, the act of sex itself will not result in, say, internal bleeding.

Does that make it any less of a crime? No. But we should be careful not to fully equate the two (non-penetrative and penetrative rape). The gender itself is not the distinction, but instead the manner of rape. A woman can rape a man penetratively (use your imagination), in which case the above doesn't apply.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:42:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 10:33:12 PM, Wnope wrote:
While female and male rape may be more common than we think, it should be noted that non-penetrative sex (i.e. a woman forces a man to enter her, not vice versa) has much less potential for physical consequences. While the...appendage...may suffer damage, the act of sex itself will not result in, say, internal bleeding.

Does that make it any less of a crime? No. But we should be careful not to fully equate the two (non-penetrative and penetrative rape). The gender itself is not the distinction, but instead the manner of rape. A woman can rape a man penetratively (use your imagination), in which case the above doesn't apply.

Ugh... As important as this topic is, and for how glad I am that it is being discussed, it's so difficult to stomach.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:57:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 4:08:18 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wasn't advocating a specific action
The terms "should" and "should not" can only have meaning in the context of the actions of rational and goal-oriented beings.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.