Jump to topic:

utopia what it means

Websterremembered
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 9:58:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
for most people this word implies an ideal society, what I would like to know is A) what do you define as a utopia or its equivalent B) how close or far away are you in your surroundings C) could such an ideal become a reality?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 10:14:22 PM
A: Video.
B: Pretty far.
C: Probably not.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 10:34:51 PM
At 6/24/2012 10:28:17 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Utopia is nowhere...

ding! ding! ding! ding!

Just like Schrodingers cat.....
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 10:44:56 PM
At 6/24/2012 9:58:20 PM, Websterremembered wrote:
for most people this word implies an ideal society, what I would like to know is A) what do you define as a utopia or its equivalent B) how close or far away are you in your surroundings C) could such an ideal become a reality?

A utopia is an idealized society conforming to one's standards or values. A utopia is possible insofar as ones values line up with reality. For instance, if someone's utopia is complete anarcho communism it would be possible only if people are structured in such a way so as to allow the system to function in actuality.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Websterremembered
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 11:43:19 PM
At 6/24/2012 10:44:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/24/2012 9:58:20 PM, Websterremembered wrote:

A utopia is an idealized society conforming to one's standards or values. A utopia is possible insofar as ones values line up with reality. For instance, if someone's utopia is complete anarcho communism it would be possible only if people are structured in such a way so as to allow the system to function in actuality.

so matrix i'm thinking, cause good luck expecting people to change for you.
Websterremembered
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 11:46:44 PM
At 6/24/2012 10:14:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
A: Video.
B: Pretty far.
C: Probably not.

I simply love this song for many reasons, what a beautiful vision...yet the realist in me agrees, outside an artificial environment it simply wouldn't mesh.