Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Canada vs. America

Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:00:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've heard countless times that one country is better than the other when it comes to society. Rights/freedom, financial life, crime, etc. Though nobody gives reasons as to why. The majority of the time, it's Americans proclaiming their country to be the best. I do live in Canada, however I am not from here initially and will remain unbiased. I am curious to hear what people have to say on the topic.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
Websterremembered
Posts: 95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:05:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:00:09 PM, Invalid wrote:
I've heard countless times that one country is better than the other when it comes to society. Rights/freedom, financial life, crime, etc. Though nobody gives reasons as to why. The majority of the time, it's Americans proclaiming their country to be the best. I do live in Canada, however I am not from here initially and will remain unbiased. I am curious to hear what people have to say on the topic.

there are many more Americans so it follows that you would hear more about their country. relativity speaking life is fairly good for the most part for most people in the us, I assume the same for Canada.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:06:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:00:09 PM, Invalid wrote:
I've heard countless times that one country is better than the other when it comes to society. Rights/freedom, financial life, crime, etc. Though nobody gives reasons as to why. The majority of the time, it's Americans proclaiming their country to be the best. I do live in Canada, however I am not from here initially and will remain unbiased. I am curious to hear what people have to say on the topic.

America is more militant, well financed, organized, politically endowed, security prone, cultured, educated, geographically innclined. I can only think of a few.
Well, this is all I had time for anyway.
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:38:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:06:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 6/25/2012 12:00:09 PM, Invalid wrote:
I've heard countless times that one country is better than the other when it comes to society. Rights/freedom, financial life, crime, etc. Though nobody gives reasons as to why. The majority of the time, it's Americans proclaiming their country to be the best. I do live in Canada, however I am not from here initially and will remain unbiased. I am curious to hear what people have to say on the topic.

America is more militant, well financed, organized, politically endowed, security prone, cultured, educated, geographically innclined. I can only think of a few.
Well, this is all I had time for anyway.

Being militant isn't necessarily a good thing, The politics seem to be all over the place, as for the education I'll refer to these:
http://broadeducation.org...
http://www.studentsfirst.org...
Why is it geographically inclined?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:59:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
America doesn't have socialized medicine. Canadian healthcare system has long waits, massive shortages, not enough MRI machines, and has worse outcomes than US healthcare.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 1:03:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:00:09 PM, Invalid wrote:
I've heard countless times that one country is better than the other when it comes to society. Rights/freedom, financial life, crime, etc. Though nobody gives reasons as to why. The majority of the time, it's Americans proclaiming their country to be the best.

Don't forget North Korea :)

I do live in Canada, however I am not from here initially and will remain unbiased. I am curious to hear what people have to say on the topic.

America was the first country to implement the ideal of the Enlightenment. Consequently, it became the model for the rest of the world. That alone would be sufficient for calling it the best country.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 2:52:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 1:52:07 PM, innomen wrote:
Canada is great for Canadians, it's sort of like asking do you like boiled chicken and wonderbread?

No.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 6:39:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
America is better if you have money. Canada has a pretty cool friendly culture. America is probably better if you are pursuing money, but otherwise I think Canada would be a better place to live.
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:20:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 12:59:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
America doesn't have socialized medicine. Canadian healthcare system has long waits, massive shortages, not enough MRI machines, and has worse outcomes than US healthcare.

Where did you get that information from?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:25:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 6:39:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
America is better if you have money. Canada has a pretty cool friendly culture. America is probably better if you are pursuing money, but otherwise I think Canada would be a better place to live.

The poverty rates are higher in the U.S than in Canada.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 2:24:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/25/2012 6:39:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
America is better if you have money. Canada has a pretty cool friendly culture. America is probably better if you are pursuing money, but otherwise I think Canada would be a better place to live.

Don't know about that. I hate doing business with Canadians, they're looking for everything for nothing, they're pleasant and all, but really hate to part with their Canadian dollar.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 5:14:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:20:22 AM, Invalid wrote:
At 6/25/2012 12:59:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
America doesn't have socialized medicine. Canadian healthcare system has long waits, massive shortages, not enough MRI machines, and has worse outcomes than US healthcare.

Where did you get that information from?

Stossel did a report on healthcare, which included information on that. There's been studies on how likely people are to recover from cancer during treatment, and US does the best. Steven Crowder did a video on his trip to the healthcare center in Canada. Plus I knew someone who broke his arm and canada and told me he had to wait 12 hours to finally get help.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 5:29:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 11:25:14 AM, Invalid wrote:
At 6/25/2012 6:39:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
America is better if you have money. Canada has a pretty cool friendly culture. America is probably better if you are pursuing money, but otherwise I think Canada would be a better place to live.

The poverty rates are higher in the U.S than in Canada.

Yeah, that's what I meant. If you trying to become extremely rich, like top 1%, you are probable better off in USA. In the USA the poor are worse off and the extremely rich are better off. In the USA if you take a risk and fail, you are screwed, yet the payoff is highest if you succeed.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 5:45:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This report ( the OECD Better Life Index) compares the two countries. In general Canada has better Jobs, Education, Environment, Health, Life Satisfaction, Safety and Work Life Balance than the USA.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 8:55:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: We Rule!. We have NO enemies, world wide. we are loved by most,(multicultural policy help) We have low crime rate, extremly low homicide Rate.(NO GUNS) Much safer. MOre efficient education system. The general population is much more educated then the average American. Health Care!!!!!!
You have more money But that is only because the rich are really rich, the wealth is not spread our amounst the population. We have more middle class, then the polarization of rich and poor in the US. Cheaper more subsidized higher education.
More diversity, Less racism, more cultural/religious tolarance, no forced assimilation. Non-fundementalist Christianty. Higher life quality, less stressful. general friendyness, and politenss is higher. Rich resources, lots, of water,

Cons: Higher Taxes, Loss of Professionals,
That is when people experts, stars, or etc, start to make it big, they may move to the States, less tax bracets, The best doctors, or Professors, may leave, to make more money else where.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:27:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd say America, just because it's further away from noncapitalistic economics/
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:42:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 8:55:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: We Rule!. We have NO enemies, world wide. we are loved by most,(multicultural policy help) We have low crime rate, extremly low homicide Rate.(NO GUNS) Much safer. MOre efficient education system. The general population is much more educated then the average American. Health Care!!!!!!
You have more money But that is only because the rich are really rich, the wealth is not spread our amounst the population. We have more middle class, then the polarization of rich and poor in the US. Cheaper more subsidized higher education.
More diversity, Less racism, more cultural/religious tolarance, no forced assimilation. Non-fundementalist Christianty. Higher life quality, less stressful. general friendyness, and politenss is higher. Rich resources, lots, of water,

Cons: Higher Taxes, Loss of Professionals,
That is when people experts, stars, or etc, start to make it big, they may move to the States, less tax bracets, The best doctors, or Professors, may leave, to make more money else where.

Actually Canada has plenty of guns. It's even debated if we have as much, if not more than the U.S. Watch "Bowling for Columbine". However we don't use them on each other.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:55:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 9:48:46 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
America vs America Jr?

Canada vs. the U.S. I noticed that after I posted the title.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 10:26:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Canada sucks.

There's no ifs, and, or buts about it.

We have one of the worst healthcare systems in the world in terms of inefficiencies and sheer expenditures that it wastes because of the entire bureaucratic system.

We have Progressive Conservatives who actually have the nerve to call themselves conservatives. At best, they are far left. The other political parties are socialistic, bordering on a labour union dominated society.

The Beaver is our national animal. I mean come on... Is a big fat version of a squirrel with a flappy tail that sucks on wood any way to represent a country?

All educational materials are liberally biased. Seriously, pick up a social studies textbook and you will see the bias immediately.

Canada has the most "guilt-ridden" society...ever. Oh, some settlers took some land from you 200 years ago? Here, have extra rights that nobody else has. Oh, you speak in a minority language? Here, make the taxpayers pay for your public education in an area where the opposite language is the majoritarian language. Oh, you haven't done anything in developing Canada except start pointless wars? Here, have your own system of self-government, land, and hunting rights.

Fvckin Eh.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Invalid
Posts: 105
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 10:50:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 10:26:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Canada sucks.

There's no ifs, and, or buts about it.

We have one of the worst healthcare systems in the world in terms of inefficiencies and sheer expenditures that it wastes because of the entire bureaucratic system.

We have Progressive Conservatives who actually have the nerve to call themselves conservatives. At best, they are far left. The other political parties are socialistic, bordering on a labour union dominated society.

The Beaver is our national animal. I mean come on... Is a big fat version of a squirrel with a flappy tail that sucks on wood any way to represent a country?

All educational materials are liberally biased. Seriously, pick up a social studies textbook and you will see the bias immediately.

Canada has the most "guilt-ridden" society...ever. Oh, some settlers took some land from you 200 years ago? Here, have extra rights that nobody else has. Oh, you speak in a minority language? Here, make the taxpayers pay for your public education in an area where the opposite language is the majoritarian language. Oh, you haven't done anything in developing Canada except start pointless wars? Here, have your own system of self-government, land, and hunting rights.

Fvckin Eh.

Interesting
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 11:17:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Canada is a small country. The New York City police department is larger than the entire armed forces of Canada. Not being a major power gives the Canadians more freedom to choose what they get involved in.

Culturally, I don't see too much difference. The French Canadian divide is a major issue that the U.S. does not have, but we make up for it with other cultural divisions. Years ago, I poll showed that citizens in the provinces of Western Canada favored merging with the U.S. That's astounding to me! I wonder if it's still true.

The question of "best" is undefined. If you are into ice fishing, Canada wins. If you trap gators, it's the U.S.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 4:51:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 9:42:33 PM, Invalid wrote:
At 6/26/2012 8:55:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: We Rule!. We have NO enemies, world wide. we are loved by most,(multicultural policy help) We have low crime rate, extremly low homicide Rate.(NO GUNS) Much safer. MOre efficient education system. The general population is much more educated then the average American. Health Care!!!!!!
You have more money But that is only because the rich are really rich, the wealth is not spread our amounst the population. We have more middle class, then the polarization of rich and poor in the US. Cheaper more subsidized higher education.
More diversity, Less racism, more cultural/religious tolarance, no forced assimilation. Non-fundementalist Christianty. Higher life quality, less stressful. general friendyness, and politenss is higher. Rich resources, lots, of water,

Cons: Higher Taxes, Loss of Professionals,
That is when people experts, stars, or etc, start to make it big, they may move to the States, less tax bracets, The best doctors, or Professors, may leave, to make more money else where.

Actually Canada has plenty of guns. It's even debated if we have as much, if not more than the U.S. Watch "Bowling for Columbine". However we don't use them on each other.

The Fool: that is complete nonsense.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 4:56:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 4:51:25 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/26/2012 9:42:33 PM, Invalid wrote:
At 6/26/2012 8:55:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: We Rule!. We have NO enemies, world wide. we are loved by most,(multicultural policy help) We have low crime rate, extremly low homicide Rate.(NO GUNS) Much safer. MOre efficient education system. The general population is much more educated then the average American. Health Care!!!!!!
You have more money But that is only because the rich are really rich, the wealth is not spread our amounst the population. We have more middle class, then the polarization of rich and poor in the US. Cheaper more subsidized higher education.
More diversity, Less racism, more cultural/religious tolarance, no forced assimilation. Non-fundementalist Christianty. Higher life quality, less stressful. general friendyness, and politenss is higher. Rich resources, lots, of water,

Cons: Higher Taxes, Loss of Professionals,
That is when people experts, stars, or etc, start to make it big, they may move to the States, less tax bracets, The best doctors, or Professors, may leave, to make more money else where.

Actually Canada has plenty of guns. It's even debated if we have as much, if not more than the U.S. Watch "Bowling for Columbine". However we don't use them on each other.

The Fool: that is complete nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Less guns than the US, but the statement that canada has "No guns" is completely false.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 5:35:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/26/2012 10:26:04 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Canada sucks.
There's no ifs, and, or buts about it.

The Fool: One bold assumption is as good as the next.

We have one of the worst healthcare systems in the world in terms of inefficiencies and sheer expenditures that it wastes because of the entire bureaucratic system.

The Fool: Who's we it depends if you are rich or not, not that you can't get a private doctor .


We have Progressive Conservatives who actually have the nerve to call themselves conservatives.

The Fool: IN canada we are thinking about abolishing, such political ideologies all together, it doesn't make sense to have you mind made up before you have approached a problem.

At best, they are far left. The other political parties are socialistic, bordering on a labour union dominated society.

The Fool: and live has turned out to be better because of it.

The Beaver is our national animal. I mean come on... Is a big fat version of a squirrel with a flappy tail that sucks on wood any way to represent a country?

The Fool: I happen to be a fan of 'beaver" if you are in to that type of thing?

All educational materials are liberally biased. Seriously, pick up a social studies textbook and you will see the bias immediately.

The Fool: The Social Studies is incredibily bias.

Canada has the most "guilt-ridden" society...ever.

The Fool: Most call it a Good CONSCIENCE.

Oh, some settlers took some land from you 200 years ago?

The Fool: We are very polite. and good natured what is wrong with that?

Here, have extra rights that nobody else has.

The Fool: We are oftly generious!..

Oh, you speak in a minority language?
Here, make the taxpayers pay for your public education in an area where the opposite language is the majoritarian language.

The Fool: You are sounding quite American to me..

Oh, you haven't done anything in developing Canada except start pointless wars? Here, have your own system of self-government, land, and hunting rights.

The Fool: Well the French will be French.

Fvckin Eh.
Bien oui esti!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 5:47:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol Fool.

Collective rights are not justified cause we "ought to be polite."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:06:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 11:17:00 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Canada is a small country.

The Fool: you mean small population relative to the size. Size wise its at least top 3 largest in the world. there is alot of untapped resourses in that northern land.

The New York City police department is larger than the entire armed forces of Canada.

The Fool: a little bit of an exaggeration. We take a difference strategdy, we keep Good relations with world wide, allowing us to have more money to spend on life quality instead of military. Mind you are army is spread all over the world on peace keeping missions. (which increases better relations with other countries) We contribute alot to Nato. We are the ones mopping up the mess in afganistan.

Not being a major power gives the Canadians more freedom to choose what they get involved in.

Culturally, I don't see too much difference.

The Fool: its not that much different, I never notices the difference until I got older, I can certainly tell the different on DDO.. I have never seen that kind of Christianity before. Nobody here takes logical proof of God seriously. Theologins are not taken to be credible, like in the US. The difference practices of religion prevents one from over powering others.

The French Canadian divide is a major issue that the U.S. does not have, but we make up for it with other cultural divisions.

The Fool: No way its not even close we are way more multicultural then you guys. Way more,

Years ago, I poll showed that citizens in the provinces of Western Canada favored merging with the U.S.

The Fool: that must have been a long long time ago. I don't that would be true at all. The Multicultual policy was actually to create and identity , because we were becoming more and more like you. The Iraq war, and Bush, really created a negative view of US. You actually bombed some of our troops, Afganistan. And the foundmentalism is making it worse and worse. Our Your Left is like our conservative.
And the fact that you may be going to war AGAIN!. will hurt relations. Many people see you as war like and tyrannical over other countries, you dont' listen to nato, with Fundementism on the rise and wars, makes you the most dangerious country in the world.

That's astounding to me! I wonder if it's still true.

The question of "best" is undefined. If you are into ice fishing, Canada wins. If you trap gators, it's the U.S.

Best as in live quality if a difference. Less crime, much higher tolarence on light drugs like weed. We don't even have a official Law on it. At best a small fine. or they take it away. Althought trafficing is a major crime.(tax evation)

The Fool: Most of us don't live that far north as you are assuming. You would hardly notice any significant difference in the largest citiest like toronto or vancouvor(really High Asian population), if you were in toronto. (Mabye a little more multicultural). Montreal of course you have the French. Niagrafalls, is mixed American and Canadian.

I think the rudeness is related to larger cities. For Ottawa, were I am at, to toronto, there is a big difference. People are much less friendly there, compared to here. The politeness is probably caused by having so many smaller cities, rather then metropolices. And yes we know alot more about you then you know of us.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:12:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 4:56:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/27/2012 4:51:25 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 6/26/2012 9:42:33 PM, Invalid wrote:
At 6/26/2012 8:55:29 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: We Rule!. We have NO enemies, world wide. we are loved by most,(multicultural policy help) We have low crime rate, extremly low homicide Rate.(NO GUNS) Much safer. MOre efficient education system. The general population is much more educated then the average American. Health Care!!!!!!
You have more money But that is only because the rich are really rich, the wealth is not spread our amounst the population. We have more middle class, then the polarization of rich and poor in the US. Cheaper more subsidized higher education.
More diversity, Less racism, more cultural/religious tolarance, no forced assimilation. Non-fundementalist Christianty. Higher life quality, less stressful. general friendyness, and politenss is higher. Rich resources, lots, of water,

Cons: Higher Taxes, Loss of Professionals,
That is when people experts, stars, or etc, start to make it big, they may move to the States, less tax bracets, The best doctors, or Professors, may leave, to make more money else where.

Actually Canada has plenty of guns. It's even debated if we have as much, if not more than the U.S. Watch "Bowling for Columbine". However we don't use them on each other.

The Fool: that is complete nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Less guns than the US, but the statement that canada has "No guns" is completely false.

The Fool: obviously, it is not gunless. Do you really think I mean that.. really?
Of couse there is hunting and such like every where, and some illegal guns.(they are much harder to get.) The penalty of having a Gun is pretty harsh. And hunting rifles are temporary. But there is much less MUCH LESS HOMICIDE, not have to think about that in your life makes it much less stressful.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:13:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/27/2012 5:47:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Lol Fool.

Collective rights are not justified cause we "ought to be polite."

The Fool: if you were able to derive that out of what I said you must know more about my mind then I do..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL