Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Research questions. If anyone has 3 minutes.

K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 5:06:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please answer the following. If you do not feel comfortable answering any question, do not answer it. If you do not feel comfortable submitting it, do not submit it. Relatively simple. Basic definitions of words. For example: Real does not need to be broken down in groggy philosophical matters. Straightforward.

1. Is man or masculinity (pick only one)

Bread Winner or Protector

http://vi.sualize.us...

2. Briefly describe/interpret the image. (one simple sentence is fine if that.) (use link above 2 for 2 and 3)

3. IS this picture plausible to be advertised publicly? (use link above 2 for 2 and 3)

Yes or No

http://www.debate.org...

4. Which picture is more real? (Use link above 4 for 4 and 5) (the picture is my profile picture for DDO)

Left or Right

5. Which picture is more appealing? (Use the link above 4 for 4 and 5) (the picture is my profile picture for DDO)

Left or Right

6. What is your race?

7. Are you Under 40 or above 40 years of age?

Under or Over

* thanks much.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 2:00:20 PM
At 7/17/2012 5:06:35 PM, K.GKevinGeary wrote:
Please answer the following. If you do not feel comfortable answering any question, do not answer it. If you do not feel comfortable submitting it, do not submit it. Relatively simple. Basic definitions of words. For example: Real does not need to be broken down in groggy philosophical matters. Straightforward.

Protector
:

2. Briefly describe/interpret the image. (one simple sentence is fine if that.) (use link above 2 for 2 and 3)

Bad advertising, not hot, gross,looks like shes sweating.

3. IS this picture plausible to be advertised publicly? (use link above 2 for 2 and 3)

Yes or No

Yes

4. Which picture is more real? (Use link above 4 for 4 and 5) (the picture is my profile picture for DDO)

Left or Right

Left

5. Which picture is more appealing? (Use the link above 4 for 4 and 5) (the picture is my profile picture for DDO)

Left or Right

Right

6. What is your race?

White

under

* thanks much.
Me
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:46:36 PM
Kevin could I get a bigger version of your profile pic please? It's barely a thumbnail and I really can't make it out that well.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 11:47:17 PM

Protector

Sexy; commercial; indulgent; provocative; manipulative; superficial.

Yes

Left
:

Left

6. What is your race?

Caucasian

Under

* thanks much.
Rob
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:36:55 PM
1. Protector
2. Pretty nice. It does a good job associating the brand with flair and energy.
3. Yes
4. Left
5. Right
6. White
7. Under
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 11:06:28 PM
Neither.

Branded beer arrayed as clothing on a woman, in a manner reminiscent of vomit.

All pictures could plausibly be advertised publicly, yes.

Left.

Right.

White.

Under.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 10:41:15 PM
Seriously? Ragnar didn't even follow the instructions for one of the questions (left or right) and made a mockery out out of the "plausible" question! This is an outrage!
Rob
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:09:29 PM
At 7/20/2012 10:41:15 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Seriously?
He's not getting paid to take it with anything less than a straight cheery face.

Ragnar didn't even follow the instructions for one of the questions (left or right)
I think you mean breadwinner or protector.

and made a mockery out out of the "plausible" question!
True.

This is an outrage!
I engaged in no contract to abide by the parameters of the questions.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 12:13:25 PM

Not a fair question since both are societal constructs, but I would say Protector is the current dominant construct.

At least they made the brand more obvious in the presentation than most skinographies.

Yes or No

Yes assuming you mean the term public defined as local laws permit for alcohol advertisement.

Left or Right

Left.

Left or Right

Right

6. What is your race?

Caucasian

Under or Over

Over

* thanks much.

Kay.
K.GKevinGeary
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 7:09:49 PM
At 7/21/2012 11:53:18 AM, Lasagna wrote:
So Kevin do you mind me asking whether this is for a research project or if you are doing this for a business?

Right now its for a quantitative research sociology class. But its also for a long term project for senior seminar when I get there. I'm interested in how images (generally sexually objectified, objectified, victimized, photoshopped ) effect social problems (sexism, rape of women, and so forth) when perceived by a person. Interestingly I found a feminist peer reviewed article that came out in 2010 that stated the images actually empower women. That article was alot different than the rest that stated objectified images can lead to anxiety, depression, false standards of beauty, sexism. So this questionnaire was my brief one, I have others that are more detailed but I have do them in person which is not easy because I cannot blame people for not wanting to be bothered because I sometimes do not want be bothered when I get phone calls for a survey or whatever. At least no one pulled a Michele Bachman on me. She uh stated that when the U.S. cenus people would come to her place to follow up on the survey she would defend her property via gun or something that. When they did the last survey they actually had U.S. census people shot at. lol so i am just convience sampling for the most part. Here a posted a forum, I had alot filled out at my part time job (stop and shop supermarket), and whatever I have left I will probally go to the mall and be a annoyance. so lol. I wish it was for business because then i would have a real job to actually produce something of my own. But thanks for wondering what it was about.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 8:28:24 PM
She uh stated that when the U.S. cenus people would come to her place to follow up on the survey she would defend her property via gun or something that. When they did the last survey they actually had U.S. census people shot at.
There's reasons for that you know. The cooperation of census officials was crucial in the creation of the Japanese concentration camps, in stark contrast to the promises of Census officials.

If you google census and internment, the first result is the Huffington Post making fun of Bachmann for stating this historical fact, many commenters accusing her of lying. The fourth is a pro-census organization admitting the historical fact, documenting the apology of census officials, and promising that it won't happen again (in terms like "The department of Justice has released a statement that no other law overrides...," as though DoJ interpretations were binding precedent).
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 9:53:11 PM

Bread winner.

A beer advertisement targeted to men of reproductive age.

Yes or No

yes

Left or Right

Right

Right (profile pic)

6. What is your race?

White.

Under.

* thanks much.
Tsar of DDO
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:32:24 PM

Protector

A woman is only a woman, but a good beer is refreshing.

Yes. Plausible, not great.

The picture is too small for me to see any significant difference.

The picture is too small for me to see any significant difference.

6. What is your race?

Caucasian.

Over 40. That's why the picture is too small for me to see any significant difference.