Jump to topic:

The Dangers Of Sexism *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 3:35:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. On a serious note, I want to speak about an issue that affects Women every single day all around the world. Now as some of you may or may not know, Ann Curry was cut from the cast of the hit morning
series, The Todays Show. It airs on the NBC network daily here in the US.
Now word has it that she alone was there for 15 years, and was cut because of
a brief ratings decline. Noone told her ahead of time that her job would be in jeopardy if the momentum was to shift to another network, mainly ABC.
They beat NBC for about a week back about a month ago on the Nielsen ratings
board. You say well this is business as usual. But there were other elements at play here like some of her verbal misteps, miscalculations, age, and her influence.
Some were even saying that she became 'old and boring'. Ann Curry was ousted
by the promising, (former MSNBC anchor) Savannah Guthrie, a fresher, more bolder, younger Woman
who was the usual fill in for Ann Curry on her days off. I believe that Ann is a victim of circumstances. But even worse, she is a victim of the sexism that takes place today in corporate America. A lot can be said about this story, and it will be told here. So before you do that, make sure
you check out this latest clip from The Todays Show. And let me know what you
think about this tragedy.

http://www.youtube.com.watch...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 3:48:48 PM
I think Ann will be okay. She's a decent journalist, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if her phone is ringing off the hook from other networks right now.

I'm curious why you think she was booted because of sexism though. What leads you to believe this?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 3:52:34 PM
At 7/31/2012 3:48:48 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I think Ann will be okay. She's a decent journalist, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if her phone is ringing off the hook from other networks right now.

I'm curious why you think she was booted because of sexism though. What leads you to believe this?

Because they have this going on in the system. Once a Woman has reached her
age, which is in the mid 50's range, you become old and ancient and is no longer
of any use to them. This is part of how the corporate warmongers do business
especially in entertainment and news.
This is not about money however, because this Woman was in pain.
She felt betrayed, neglected, and stabbed in the back by those who supported
her in the beginning. Can you as a Man imagine what it would be like to feel that way.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 5:28:57 PM
At 7/31/2012 3:48:48 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

She should have been allowed to stay there at the Studios.