Jump to topic:

The Homosexual Choice

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 3:09:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, so look in the mirror and do your best "gay person" impression. Now tell me being gay isn't a choice.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 3:16:35 PM
At 8/2/2012 3:11:29 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Um, what?

Uh... ?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 4:17:47 PM
At 8/2/2012 3:09:11 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Ok, so look in the mirror and do your best "gay person" impression. Now tell me being gay isn't a choice.

So if I can act gay I can also tolerate if not enjoy fvcking other men? I had no idea.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:05:52 PM
At 8/2/2012 4:17:47 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

So if I can act gay I can also tolerate if not enjoy fvcking other men? I had no idea.

Have you ever tried or is this an implied presumption?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:10:13 PM
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:10:31 PM
Ok, so look in the mirror and do your best "gay person" impression.

I tried, but without any other guys around to fvck, I couldn't tell the difference between my "straight person" impression.

Now tell me being gay isn't a choice.

It isn't a choice.

Now what?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:14:24 PM
At 8/2/2012 8:10:31 PM, drafterman wrote:

I tried, but without any other guys around to fvck, I couldn't tell the difference between my "straight person" impression.

It isn't a choice.

Now what?

You're supposed to have successfully completed the first part before moving on to the second.

Anyway, prostate stimulation is pleasurable and so is penile stimulation. So the gender by which you decide to pleasure yourself with is a choice isn't it?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:31:49 PM
At 8/2/2012 8:14:24 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

It isn't a choice.

Now what?

You're supposed to have successfully completed the first part before moving on to the second.

I did. It just happens to be the case that it didn't produce a noticeable effect, which wasn't a criteria you listed.

Anyway, prostate stimulation is pleasurable and so is penile stimulation. So the gender by which you decide to pleasure yourself with is a choice isn't it?

Not entirely.
OllerupMand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:45:04 PM
At 8/2/2012 8:14:24 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

It isn't a choice.

Now what?

If you belive prostate stimulation is only for gays. . . Then you need to try more positions.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 8:54:00 PM
How do you "act" gay? They act just like everyone else.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 9:15:44 PM
At 8/2/2012 8:54:00 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

Really? Based on my personal experience, and this is only my experience, I've noticed gay people to act considerably different than straight people. (Although one person in particular stands out whom I could not tell was gay until he informed me, but that was a single case out of many) This is saying a lot, in my opinion, since I went to an over the top ultra-liberal vegan cafe smokes joints anywhere type of art school. Let's face it, there are differences between sub categories of people - to say that there isn't doesn't seem very perceptive in my opinion. I mean, are you saying that gays act like straights just because you feel like it's the right thing to say, or is that literally what your experience has been?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 9:23:00 PM
I wonder if I act like someone who likes big butts, will i like big butts?

Try acting like this guy, and let me know if you now like big butts.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 9:27:50 PM
At 8/2/2012 9:23:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Yeah, i get it. You're all saying that homosexuals act no different than heterosexuals and the opinion is strong because it's an overly present topic with heavy opinions.. however...

For anyone who has gay friends.. Ya'll are saying that you really didn't know they were gay until they confirmed? You hadn't noticed anything about their personalities that suggested this to you beforehand? How do you even know they are gay? Sexuality just casually came about in a random conversation? Has everyone been missing the trend amongst homosexuals which displays a desire to be 'heard' or recognized as being gay, thus leading to a widespread behavioral temperament?

Back when gays were burned at the stake and what have you, of course they kept their cover.. But things have changed considerably and now that society is much more accepting of homosexuality, the gay people, in my opinion, have become easier to recognize. There seems to be almost this surge of homosexuality as if it were 'in style' to be a homo. That's all fine and good, but my point is you look around a city street corner today and anyone in their right mind would probably be able to tell gay from straight with fairly good accuracy. That is because of behavioral differences, isn't it? It may sound a bit harsh but let's talk reality instead of hypotheticals.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 9:33:55 PM
At 8/2/2012 9:27:50 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Yeah, i get it. You're all saying that homosexuals act no different than heterosexuals and the opinion is strong because it's an overly present topic with heavy opinions.. however...

For anyone who has gay friends.. Ya'll are saying that you really didn't know they were gay until they confirmed? You hadn't noticed anything about their personalities that suggested this to you beforehand? How do you even know they are gay? Sexuality just casually came about in a random conversation? Has everyone been missing the trend amongst homosexuals which displays a desire to be 'heard' or recognized as being gay, thus leading to a widespread behavioral temperament?

Back when gays were burned at the stake and what have you, of course they kept their cover.. But things have changed considerably and now that society is much more accepting of homosexuality, the gay people, in my opinion, have become easier to recognize. There seems to be almost this surge of homosexuality as if it were 'in style' to be a homo. That's all fine and good, but my point is you look around a city street corner today and anyone in their right mind would probably be able to tell gay from straight with fairly good accuracy. That is because of behavioral differences, isn't it? It may sound a bit harsh but let's talk reality instead of hypotheticals.

I understand what the "stereotypical gay guy" is like. However, even acting like this does not make homosexuality a choice. You can choose to be metrosexual, but you cannot choose the gender you are attracted to.

The guy in the video is a "stereotypical big butt guy". So if try acting like him in the mirror. I doubt it will change you sexual preference to big butts.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 9:41:31 PM
At 8/2/2012 9:15:44 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Really? Based on my personal experience, and this is only my experience, I've noticed gay people to act considerably different than straight people. (Although one person in particular stands out whom I could not tell was gay until he informed me, but that was a single case out of many) This is saying a lot, in my opinion, since I went to an over the top ultra-liberal vegan cafe smokes joints anywhere type of art school. Let's face it, there are differences between sub categories of people - to say that there isn't doesn't seem very perceptive in my opinion. I mean, are you saying that gays act like straights just because you feel like it's the right thing to say, or is that literally what your experience has been?

And, out of all of this, you failed to actually answer the question.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 9:50:35 PM
At 8/2/2012 9:33:55 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/2/2012 9:27:50 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

I understand what the "stereotypical gay guy" is like. However, even acting like this does not make homosexuality a choice. You can choose to be metrosexual, but you cannot choose the gender you are attracted to.

The guy in the video is a "stereotypical big butt guy". So if try acting like him in the mirror. I doubt it will change you sexual preference to big butts.

Sorry but.. the stereotypical big butt guy? really?

Anyway, I think that despite natural inclinations, there is some aspect of choice when it comes to homosexuality. Since society filters everybody into it's own heterosexual reality tunnel, one has to choose to go against the grain to suit their own personal/sexual preferences. That being said, there are many ways of life that many people, if not everybody has to adhere to but doesn't feel it in their hearts. That's just life, we don't have the option of getting to make every choice.

Is it possible to be born gay when sexuality doesn't even present itself until around a decade later? It seems more likely that we are born neutral, and experiences gained up until and through puberty discern our inclinations. When the inclinations are acted upon, a series of reconditioning occurs and then by our twenties we feel pretty comfortable with our sexual identities.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 10:00:51 PM
At 8/2/2012 9:41:31 PM, drafterman wrote:

You would have to have the ability to discern a difference between gay and straight people based upon your own observations. Throughout your life, you honestly have never noticed any difference in personalities between gays and straights? Gay men are generally overly feminine namely in their speech and demeanor, while gay women are generally overly masculine. Of course this is not always the case, as nothing in this world is black and white, cut and dry. I'm talking generally, the majority of cases you've experienced.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 10:10:42 PM
When's the last time you've seen a "Straight Pride" picket sign? I've never seen one, nor have I ever heard of 'straight pride' but maybe you have? Point being - i've noticed that in 'my' generation or in 'our' generation, gay people want to be seen, they want to be recognized as gay. Have my observations led me to a farcical understanding of some sort of homosexual acceptance trend that isn't actually happening?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 10:26:56 PM
Back to the idea of being born neutral, It seems like a mental handicap to NOT have the ability to choose a sexual orientation to identify with. Anyone who is just "too straight" to consider a same sex relationship or "too gay" to consider a different sex relationship is just severely limiting themselves.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 10:49:14 PM
At 8/2/2012 10:28:44 PM, Ren wrote:
Lmfao

Haha. I can't even believe anyone responded to this at all.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 11:13:45 PM

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you're not serious right now.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 11:14:58 PM
At 8/2/2012 10:00:51 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

You would have to have the ability to discern a difference between gay and straight people based upon your own observations. Throughout your life, you honestly have never noticed any difference in personalities between gays and straights? Gay men are generally overly feminine namely in their speech and demeanor, while gay women are generally overly masculine. Of course this is not always the case, as nothing in this world is black and white, cut and dry. I'm talking generally, the majority of cases you've experienced.

You are one motherfuc*er of a troll.
Tsar of DDO
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 11:26:39 PM
At 8/2/2012 11:14:58 PM, YYW wrote:

I'd love to say that I set you up for this one as well, but you've caught me off guard this time. Well played, friend.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 11:46:22 PM
At 8/2/2012 11:26:39 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 8/2/2012 11:14:58 PM, YYW wrote:

I'd love to say that I set you up for this one as well, but you've caught me off guard this time. Well played, friend.

YYW has spoken. And so it was.
Tsar of DDO
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 11:53:05 PM
Acting like a flaming gay wearing dresses and crap is a choice.

No one, not even the FRC, thinks its a choice. The debate is on its factors. Biology or social/enviromental factors.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 12:00:16 AM
At 8/2/2012 11:53:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Acting like a flaming gay wearing dresses and crap is a choice.

A valid -albiet crassly articulated- point.

No one, not even the FRC, thinks its a choice. The debate is on its factors. Biology or social/enviromental factors.

Yup.
Tsar of DDO
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:07:20 AM
I've known a lesbian. Her friends were freaks, she was a vegan, she listened the Beetles, thought pedophilia was alright, and cut herself. She also believed in neither God nor evolution, and wore a cross to infuriate her parents (they were Jewish).
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 1:57:32 AM
At 8/3/2012 1:07:20 AM, MouthWash wrote:
I've known a lesbian. Her friends were freaks, she was a vegan, she listened the Beetles, thought pedophilia was alright, and cut herself. She also believed in neither God nor evolution, and wore a cross to infuriate her parents (they were Jewish).

Was she hot?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...