Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Go topless rallies and the like

bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 1:20:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 1:19:14 PM, drafterman wrote:
Depends. Are they hot?

http://www.kickstarter.com...

"$721 pledged of $10,000 goal"
Apparently not.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 1:21:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, good thing i'm going to New York after this rally is over.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:15:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.

that's a myth that going topless or not wearing a bra causes boobs to sag.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:18:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 4:15:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.

that's a myth that going topless or not wearing a bra causes boobs to sag.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:21:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 4:18:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:15:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.

that's a myth that going topless or not wearing a bra causes boobs to sag.



Only need to watch the first 1 1/2 minutes for this question.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:31:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 4:21:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:18:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:15:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.

that's a myth that going topless or not wearing a bra causes boobs to sag.



Only need to watch the first 1 1/2 minutes for this question.

You know how liberals say you shouldn't trust fox as a source of news, this espcially goes with any other of their programs:

'Bras don't prevent breasts from sagging,' said Professor Mansell. 'With regard to stretching of the breast ligaments and drooping in later life, that occurs very regularly anyway, and that's a function of the weight, often of heavy breasts, and these women are wearing bras and it doesn't prevent it.'

Even the chief executive of the bra manufacturers, Playtex, John Dixey, agrees. 'We have no medical evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle so keeping it toned up is an impossibility. What it can do, particularly for larger-breasted women, is provide comfort and support.' But clearly, as the study showed, not comfort for everyone.

http://www.independent.co.uk...

If bra manufactures can't even prove that bras don't prevent sagging, when they have every incentive to prove it, its clear that it doesn't.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:52:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 4:31:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:21:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:18:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:15:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.

that's a myth that going topless or not wearing a bra causes boobs to sag.



Only need to watch the first 1 1/2 minutes for this question.

You know how liberals say you shouldn't trust fox as a source of news, this espcially goes with any other of their programs:

Do you have anything to say against what was actually said regarding the stretching of ligaments? Or just attacking the source?


'Bras don't prevent breasts from sagging,' said Professor Mansell. 'With regard to stretching of the breast ligaments and drooping in later life, that occurs very regularly anyway, and that's a function of the weight, often of heavy breasts, and these women are wearing bras and it doesn't prevent it.'

Sagging is caused by the ligaments being stretched over time (from the weight of the breasts). Providing support to ligaments reduces their stretching to extend how long they last.


Even the chief executive of the bra manufacturers, Playtex, John Dixey, agrees. 'We have no medical evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle so keeping it toned up is an impossibility. What it can do, particularly for larger-breasted women, is provide comfort and support.' But clearly, as the study showed, not comfort for everyone.


It's not about muscles (which my source mentioned), so that would be a strawman.

http://www.independent.co.uk...

If bra manufactures can't even prove that bras don't prevent sagging, when they have every incentive to prove it, its clear that it doesn't.

The word "prevent" is a marketing taboo because it opens one up for class action lawsuit. What it does is extend the life of the ligaments, allow the breast to not sag longer. If they claimed that it "prevented" sagging, then a 90 year old woman that wore their bras all the time could sue for having sagging boobs.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 5:13:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 4:52:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:31:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:21:07 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:18:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 4:15:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/11/2012 3:24:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/11/2012 12:59:32 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
What are your opinions on these sort of events? I think that they are pointless attention-whoring, and real advance will come in much subtler ways. I personally despise these kinds of things.

Agreed, though I'm against premise, since I think it would be a shame for women to have saggy boobs by their mid-twenties.

that's a myth that going topless or not wearing a bra causes boobs to sag.



Only need to watch the first 1 1/2 minutes for this question.

You know how liberals say you shouldn't trust fox as a source of news, this espcially goes with any other of their programs:

Do you have anything to say against what was actually said regarding the stretching of ligaments? Or just attacking the source?


Both. Ligaments weaken as a function of age, not mechanical stress. They don't exactly teach people in medical school whether bras causes breasts to sag or not so she was just answering the question on the fly with whatever medical training she has. There were no medical experiments done or research she did prior. And its not as if the show has much of an incentive to be right anyways.


'Bras don't prevent breasts from sagging,' said Professor Mansell. 'With regard to stretching of the breast ligaments and drooping in later life, that occurs very regularly anyway, and that's a function of the weight, often of heavy breasts, and these women are wearing bras and it doesn't prevent it.'

Sagging is caused by the ligaments being stretched over time (from the weight of the breasts). Providing support to ligaments reduces their stretching to extend how long they last.

the ligaments weaken due to age, not because of mechanical stress. Sagging is less noticable with a bra, but that does not mean it strengthens ligaments.


Even the chief executive of the bra manufacturers, Playtex, John Dixey, agrees. 'We have no medical evidence that wearing a bra could prevent sagging, because the breast itself is not muscle so keeping it toned up is an impossibility. What it can do, particularly for larger-breasted women, is provide comfort and support.' But clearly, as the study showed, not comfort for everyone.


It's not about muscles (which my source mentioned), so that would be a strawman.

No it isn't a strawman because the source wasn't a response to your source. It's just using its own logic.

http://www.independent.co.uk...

If bra manufactures can't even prove that bras don't prevent sagging, when they have every incentive to prove it, its clear that it doesn't.

The word "prevent" is a marketing taboo because it opens one up for class action lawsuit. What it does is extend the life of the ligaments, allow the breast to not sag longer. If they claimed that it "prevented" sagging, then a 90 year old woman that wore their bras all the time could sue for having sagging boobs.

well they can obvious use the fact that it causes breasts not to sag longer in a positive marketing manner.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mark.marrocco
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:07:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
All I can think of now is seeing pictures in NatGeo of tribal women with very sagged breasts when I was in elementary or middle school, and aside from the juvenile laughter, the fact that they did not wear bras of any kind. It's not conclusive, but it's highly suggestive. Especially when you consider that it is probably very difficult for any kind of western/'civilized' study to be done on this because bras are generally a cultural universal among us.

Also, testicles do sag if they don't receive sufficient support for too long. I know the anatomy is different, but it's the same principle.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:54:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 7:07:01 AM, mark.marrocco wrote:
All I can think of now is seeing pictures in NatGeo of tribal women with very sagged breasts when I was in elementary or middle school, and aside from the juvenile laughter, the fact that they did not wear bras of any kind. It's not conclusive, but it's highly suggestive. Especially when you consider that it is probably very difficult for any kind of western/'civilized' study to be done on this because bras are generally a cultural universal among us.

Also, testicles do sag if they don't receive sufficient support for too long. I know the anatomy is different, but it's the same principle.

Dude, most older women have saggy breasts but there's something called bras that hide this effect. However bras do not stop sagging.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...