Jump to topic:

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 10:24:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm curious as to what "score" certain people on DDO have on this personality test.

While we are at it - if anyone has any comments about the test itself, go right ahead.

Every time I have taken it I have been an INTP.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 10:38:46 PM
I love these things. I'm INTJ, both now and in college. My introverted and thinking qualities are the most strongly expressed.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 10:49:24 PM
ONLINE VERSION OF THIS TEST FOUND HERE: http://www.humanmetrics.com...

It would be interesting to see a graph similar to the political graph for this.

I mostly get INTJ when I take these but sometimes get an INTP.

I found this page to be interesting: http://www.personalitypage.com...

A description for all other classes can be found on the aforementioned site.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 10:51:46 PM
At 9/8/2009 10:49:24 PM, Logical-Master wrote:
It would be interesting to see a graph similar to the political graph for this.

If enough people post their result I will put something together. At the very least it will offer some entertainment value.

I imagine (I) and (T) will be overrepresented here. We'll see...
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 10:53:15 PM
I'd also be interested to hear if everyone thinks the description of their type matches their personality.

I found that mine was a very close match, almost eerily so.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 10:57:31 PM
This site has interesting descriptions of all 16 types, as well as famous people with each type, ideal jobs for each, etc.

http://keirsey.com...

My typing is eerily accurate, as well.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 11:41:44 PM
Facebook's myPersonality test showed me as an ENTP. Not particularly interested in taking the same test you guys did as I've taken several of these and gotten similar results before and I've got work to do, but I am interested in a possible stat list like the political compass, so I'm adding mine to get a list kind of started.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2009 11:43:42 PM
I did the test that L-M posted and I came up as INTP. Not sure how well suited that is to me, because while there is some aspects of it that I can agree with, there is others I'm more fuzzy on - but alas, that is my result.
patsox834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 12:17:37 AM
At 9/8/2009 10:53:15 PM, JBlake wrote:
I found that mine was a very close match, almost eerily so.

Agreed completely.

And, uh, I'm an INTP.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 12:37:36 AM
Ehhhhh Myer Briggs Type Indicator has poor validity, average reliability. Any test you do on-line will be 'best guess' at the contents of the copyrighted test itself i.e. all on-line results are invalid, not tested, not standardised and simply give you a score of the test itself and not a score of any measurable construct. The actual tests purpose was originally for organisational psychology (aka industrial psychology, occupational psychology) - where those that ask for such testing tend to be less aware of what psychometric standards are. As a clinical tool, its use would be severely limited i.e. professionally it should not be used at all - including organisational psychologists.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 3:46:27 AM
# moderately expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# slightly expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed judging personality

Man, that was BORING.. a bit like me then. (IF you go along with this CLAPTRAP)
The Cross.. the Cross.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 8:08:03 AM
I knew Puck was going to mention credibility.

I realize that it lacks reliability, even if it is administered by professionals. However, it can be used as a general tool for learning about yourself. I posted here more for entertainment value, Puck the Killjoy. :)

As for the Forer effect, each of the categories are different enough to produce somewhat reliable results. For instance, the difference between introversion and extroversion is easy to ascertain and describe. The same is true of the other categories.

The unreliability and potential for vagueness may come when people attempt to combine the categories and explain how they interact. The Forer Effect may be a danger for some who read the desriptions, but generally speaking they are specific enough that it shouldn't be a problem for most people.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 8:19:25 AM
Your Type is
INTJ
IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging
Strength of the preferences %
11 75 88 33
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 9:18:44 AM
At 9/9/2009 8:08:03 AM, JBlake wrote:
I knew Puck was going to mention credibility.

I realize that it lacks reliability ... However, it can be used as a general tool for learning about yourself.

Contradiction in statistics. :P An unreliable test cannot be valid as well, meaning any results it purports to tell you is essentially worthless. You can have reliable and non-valid tests, but without reliability, there can be no validity.

I posted here more for entertainment value, Puck the Killjoy. :)

Yeah I know. :P You may be surprised though as to how many and to the extremes people take this test in particular as gospel.

As for the Forer effect, each of the categories are different enough to produce somewhat reliable results.

The same is said of astrology, which people profess readily has even more categories of clear distinction. People 'eyeballing' it as it were is what's known as face validity - it's another worthless value in statistics, as valid as an amputee complaining to a doctor about pain in a phantom limb. It's why, 'this looks right' never suffices as a test measure of its validity (it has purposes elsewhere, not relevant here though).

For instance, the difference between introversion and extroversion is easy to ascertain and describe. The same is true of the other categories.

Jung's theory of typology (of which the test is based) posits introversion and extroversion as separate traits, not ends of the one scale (one of the issues of the test is its questions don't measure the theory - they test as if they were the same scale) - in any event the introversion/extroversion scale is validly demonstrated in other measures - of which this isn't even one . As for the other categories they are fail also, I could bore you with the actual statistics, but I figure most people have stopped reading by now. ^^

The unreliability and potential for vagueness may come when people attempt to combine the categories and explain how they interact.

The presupposes there is anything even there to consider as 'correct categories' - certainly the data doesn't show it - the test does not measure onto 8 distinct factors, and the reliability shows people don't test to them accurately/consistently either.

The Forer Effect may be a danger for some who read the descriptions, but generally speaking they are specific enough that it shouldn't be a problem for most people.

Much like astrology, they speak to vagueness and easily affirmed broad statements. :P One of the main issues is that population traits rarely categorise, they scale, and most naturally occurring population traits fit a bell curve e.g. height, IQ - all of which is counter to category trait theory.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 9:28:30 AM
lol

I can actually say mines official. :P Someone I know spent the necessary several thousand $ to be a registered administrator and I was a fortunate guinea pig. >.>

INTP
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 9:43:34 AM
"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best... ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves... ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport."

Boo Hoo :P
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 11:13:03 AM
INTJ http://www.humanmetrics.com...

- lightly expressed introvert
- moderately expressed intuitive personality
- slightly expressed thinking personality
- slightly expressed judging personality

Apparently I'm a mastermind http://keirsey.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 11:43:56 AM
I'm the mastermind, INTJ. Funny how we have so many INTJs here... it's the rarest of the scorings. I attended some extensive personality lectures on the subject for my psychology major and INTJ doesn't show up nearly as frequently as in this thread. Seems debate.org attracts INTJs : )
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 12:05:08 PM
At 9/9/2009 11:43:56 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I'm the mastermind, INTJ. Funny how we have so many INTJs here... it's the rarest of the scorings. I attended some extensive personality lectures on the subject for my psychology major and INTJ doesn't show up nearly as frequently as in this thread. Seems debate.org attracts INTJs : )

This is what I excpected as well. DDO would have (I) and (T) overrepresented because of the nature of the website and who it attracts. Most people seem to be INTP and INTJ. NT seems to be a prerequisite for interest in DDO :)
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 12:08:07 PM
At 9/9/2009 9:28:30 AM, Puck wrote:
lol

I can actually say mines official. :P Someone I know spent the necessary several thousand $ to be a registered administrator and I was a fortunate guinea pig. >.>

INTP

So that you don't feel too special, I have taken an official version as well ;P

I do agree with your concern that some people take these tests too seriously and take the analyses as fact. I don't think many people here have to worry about that though. So we can extract some entertainment out of it.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 2:07:50 PM
Looking up and down the thread it looks like I'm the only one with an F.

I always suspected you guys were robots and now here's the proof! jk
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 3:43:42 PM
is that why that robot Vivian Utazi is whoring it up around here?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 4:01:13 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
67 50 50 22
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2009 4:32:07 PM
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
67 25 75 44

You are:
- distinctively expressed introvert
- moderately expressed intuitive personality
- distinctively expressed thinking personality
- moderately expressed judging personality

I am a Mastermind: http://keirsey.com...