Jump to topic:

Where is The World Headed?

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:42:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
By the "world," I'll assume that you're referring to "global society" as a general statement to encompass humanity from a social vantage.

In that regard, I consider humanity in its adolescence -- generally immature, naive, and conflicted, but also idealistic, spirited, and curious. Exhibiting a very rapid development, we're growing at a very high rate as we further amalgamate to become what will later be a unitary element that will one day pursue achievements on a much grander scale than what we know of today.

We're just now beginning to really understand reality, and it may take more than a few more generations, but we will eventually understand it enough to finally realize our place in it.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:48:56 PM
http://spectrum.ieee.org...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:56:22 PM
At 8/19/2012 10:48:56 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
http://spectrum.ieee.org...

Stephan Hawkings once theorized that we haven't spotted any intelligent life yet because all the highly advanced ones kill themselves off before then.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 3:00:13 PM
At 8/20/2012 2:50:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Fuck this. Anyone up for cocaine?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 5:09:02 PM
At 8/19/2012 10:32:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
What do you think the future holds?

Try to use facts to support your opinion.

Near: Economic (and thus political) globalization. Military space domination. Rapid (designer?) evolution. Few good solutions. Totalitarian nations. Social revolution? Class disparities increasing. War. Robots. Human-computer synchronization. Ecological abuses. Failed economies. Propaganda. Genetic modifications. Techno-military obsession. Doublespeak and doublethink. Concentration camps? Genocide. Revival?

Far: Depends on what we do in the near future. Atmosphere and ecosystem can be preserved, but will be destroyed eventually and inevitably. Probably sooner than later. Current political and economic systems are inherently flawed and unsustainable. They need to be transcended if we are ever going to survive. Then, space colonization or extinction? Interstellar travel? Intergalactic?! Neohumans? "Singularity?" Peace or extinction? Aliens? On-Earth competition with a newly evolved intelligent species? Too many possibilities to consider and choices to be made before making predictions too far down the road.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:03:29 PM
Bump.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:27:22 PM
The Anunnaki will return and show us the way to our next step in advancement just like they did for the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Hopis, the South Americans, and the East Indians.

The galaxy will have an alignment with galactic center while passing through the dark rift and photon belt, thus resulting in a rapid biological evolution spike.

The future will be technologically advanced, but in an organic way with biomechanical devices, and will also be spiritually advanced, a peaceful people in tune with nature.

Politically, factions and militaries will be obsolete, governance by laws is no longer necessary, government now only serves to enhance and maintain infrastructure.

Extraterrestrials and humans will cohabitate and live peacefully together.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 2:54:10 PM
At 8/21/2012 1:27:22 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Anunnaki will return and show us the way to our next step in advancement just like they did for the Egyptians, the Sumerians, the Hopis, the South Americans, and the East Indians.

The galaxy will have an alignment with galactic center while passing through the dark rift and photon belt, thus resulting in a rapid biological evolution spike.

The future will be technologically advanced, but in an organic way with biomechanical devices, and will also be spiritually advanced, a peaceful people in tune with nature.

Politically, factions and militaries will be obsolete, governance by laws is no longer necessary, government now only serves to enhance and maintain infrastructure.

How much weed have you been smoking?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 3:09:47 PM
At 8/21/2012 2:54:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

None. I don't smoke.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 3:36:21 PM
This book shows how quality of life will drastically improve for everyone on earth within the next half century: http://www.amazon.com... . The human population will taper off at around nine billion by 2050. Climate change will cause large amounts of damage to undeveloped and developing countries (developed countries will have the resources to construct sea barriers and grow food even in changing weather conditions) but will come nowhere near destroying civilisation.

Far future: Men will have evolved the ability to break condoms with their penises.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 5:51:35 PM

Fiscal calamity. Every country on the planet with a few exceptions are in up to their eyeballs in debt. They will of course fail to meet their fiscal obligations and take all the responsible nations down with them. The citizenry of the debtor nations will riot in the streets and loot. These are the facts. Greece is just a precursor of things to come in the US and other debtor nations. Govt backed paper currency will become worthless and gold and silver will rule again as it always should. You cant print silver and gold. It was meant to be a currency. It cant be devalued like worthless paper money.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 6:27:19 PM

We are overpopulated and the birth rate is increasing, we are quickley draining the earth of its resources, we are destroying the enviroment, we having wars constantly, and we are always under the constant threat of terrorist attacks and global nuclear world war. I think the future is going to be quite hard for humanity if we don't get our act together..
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:57:08 PM
Space. That is all.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:11:27 PM
At 8/21/2012 3:09:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

None. I don't smoke.

...So you were serious?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:14:02 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:11:27 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

None. I don't smoke.

...So you were serious?

He's our resident Conspiracy Theorist, of course he's serious.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:15:49 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:14:02 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

None. I don't smoke.

...So you were serious?

I already knew that, but I didn't he was this crazy.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:16:27 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:14:02 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

None. I don't smoke.

...So you were serious?

See, if he wasn't serious, that's when we start worrying.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:18:24 PM
At 8/21/2012 6:27:19 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

We are overpopulated and the birth rate is increasing, we are quickley draining the earth of its resources, we are destroying the enviroment, we having wars constantly, and we are always under the constant threat of terrorist attacks and global nuclear world war. I think the future is going to be quite hard for humanity if we don't get our act together..

Birth rates have been falling
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:22:08 PM

A fiery death by the sun. If we're looking a few billion years ahead.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:32:17 AM

I don't know about you, but time can't hold me.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:45:32 AM
At 8/21/2012 6:27:19 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

We are not overpopulated. There is space EVERYWHERE. Global birth rates are actually in decline with the exception of Central Africa and India. I haven't seen any resources truly run dry. The environment is mostly fine. Terror attacks don't cause global doom and there will never be another nuke dropped ever again.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:56:07 AM
World wide democracy, in which the more powerful democracies essentially control the smaller ones, thus making the smaller ones protectorates. Basically a world wide empire, all neatly divided among the nations of Europe, Asia, and North America. Oh and terrorism will be as common as air, as a result of the aforementioned control wielded by the large democracies over the small ones who all want independence. Because of this increase in terrorism, all of the larger democracies will take the excuse to enact authoritarian laws, much like the Patriot Act but expanded and more powerful.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Ultra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:41:44 PM
At 8/24/2012 11:56:07 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
World wide democracy, in which the more powerful democracies essentially control the smaller ones, thus making the smaller ones protectorates. Basically a world wide empire, all neatly divided among the nations of Europe, Asia, and North America. Oh and terrorism will be as common as air, as a result of the aforementioned control wielded by the large democracies over the small ones who all want independence. Because of this increase in terrorism, all of the larger democracies will take the excuse to enact authoritarian laws, much like the Patriot Act but expanded and more powerful.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 8:58:35 PM
"governance by laws is no longer necessary, government now only serves to enhance and maintain infrastructure."

That sounds like America 150 years ago
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%