Total Posts:138|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Women Who Assault Men

Axiom
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 12:42:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You see it all the time in television and the general population are now taking their cues from the media. Certain females think it is acceptable to express their emotions by slapping a male on the face. When I was a kid, my parents established a rule that no matter how many times my sister struck me, I was not allowed to strike her back. How is this fair? (For the purpose of this, let's assume the man is not some drunken abusive husband.)

1. It is not okay for men to strike women.
2. We adhere to equality regardless of gender.
3. It should not be okay for women to strike men.

If a woman does strike a man, can he proesecute? Slap back with the same ammount of force? Let it go and be a gentleman?
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 3:26:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Funny, my mom used to tell me the exact opposite. If a girl hit me, she told me to hit them right back. If you're being attacked, everything is fair game. I never followed her advice, though, for the same reason I wouldn't fight off a puppy the same way I'd fight off a fully grown dog.

To answer your questions, though, obviously a man can prosecute and can retaliate with equal force. Should he? It depends. If you're in danger, your priority should be to protect yourself, which could mean force when escape isn't an option. If not, well, my girlfriend would hit me regularly when she got mad. I usually responded by tickling, which led to more hitting, to more tickling, to sex. So, there are often different ways to play it lol.

tl;dr hitting women leads to sex.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 3:47:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 3:26:00 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Funny, my mom used to tell me the exact opposite. If a girl hit me, she told me to hit them right back.

This
kfc
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:48:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Eh, women should be more capable of rehabilitation then men. Too many years of evolution working against their aggression.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:55:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:48:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Eh, women should be more capable of rehabilitation then men. Too many years of evolution working against their aggression.

You can reduce male aggression but having them marry and reproduce. Studies note that marriage reduces male testosterone levels. Also, in the last 20 years, there has been a 35% decline in testosterone levels between men of different generations. A 35-year old male now has less testosterone than his father did when he was 35. This is a good thing, because testosterone causes aggression.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:58:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?

I nary said you did. I was just responding to the fact that his OP out it not being fair was responded to with "Life isn't fair." I guess I'm just confused about what your point is.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:00:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:58:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?

I nary said you did. I was just responding to the fact that his OP out it not being fair was responded to with "Life isn't fair." I guess I'm just confused about what your point is.

My point is that he's being stupid for pointing this out and claiming that "it's not fair". I've noticed that he posts a lot about how women get some sort of advantage over men. He's ignoring the fact that domestic violence is largely targeted at women, and is often ignored by socieyt
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:04:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
According, to the DoJ, 95% of domestic violence victims are women. The double standard he claims exists really doesn't. Police often ignore it, put the men in therapy, and arrest both partners. Why is the victim being arrested when she is being subjected to violence? Solve violence against women before whining about the almost nonexistent male victims.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:07:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Frankly, I think women need to be taught to defend themselves. I think the slapping in the media is a good thing. Women often take the abuse when they shouldn't. If necessary, they should kill their attackers.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:08:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:55:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:48:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Eh, women should be more capable of rehabilitation then men. Too many years of evolution working against their aggression.

You can reduce male aggression but having them marry and reproduce. Studies note that marriage reduces male testosterone levels. Also, in the last 20 years, there has been a 35% decline in testosterone levels between men of different generations. A 35-year old male now has less testosterone than his father did when he was 35. This is a good thing, because testosterone causes aggression.

We can have our males' testicles removed as well, you forgot about that option.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:08:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Equal rights equal fights.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 6:52:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 12:08:01 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:55:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:48:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Eh, women should be more capable of rehabilitation then men. Too many years of evolution working against their aggression.

You can reduce male aggression but having them marry and reproduce. Studies note that marriage reduces male testosterone levels. Also, in the last 20 years, there has been a 35% decline in testosterone levels between men of different generations. A 35-year old male now has less testosterone than his father did when he was 35. This is a good thing, because testosterone causes aggression.

We can have our males' testicles removed as well, you forgot about that option.

That violates autonomy if it is not done voluntarily.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 8:36:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?:

Societal double standards exist. Battered men are far less likely to report the crime, which makes women less likely to be prosecuted for it. But times are changing, and more and more States are taking it as serious as men beating women.

In California, it doesn't matter who called the police, or who allegedly started the fight in a domestic violence situation... both are going to jail, no questions asked, unless it is apparent that one did not retaliate whatsoever. It used to be that one had to press charges. Now the State can press charges for DV.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 10:42:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
From a personal vantage, I consider the argument of a double standard specious.

On the other hand, i've never dated, nor would I date, a chick that can kick my asss. I have dated hitters, and even though that's not okay, and I didn't tolerate it, there was never a need to hit back. A girl has never so much as given me a bloody nose. Fighting a man is a thousand percent different from fighting a lady. Comparatively, women are pretty delicate, even the athletic ones.

If you hit girls, you're either a bittch, or you have anger issues, IMO. 90 percent of the time, girls are very easily restrained, and otherwise, restraining orders are very easy to get.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 10:45:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This, of course, excludes all professional fighters, women included.

But, unless it's part of your profession, you're a dumbass if you piiss off a professional fighter.
Axiom
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 10:59:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 9:00:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:58:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?

I nary said you did. I was just responding to the fact that his OP out it not being fair was responded to with "Life isn't fair." I guess I'm just confused about what your point is.

My point is that he's being stupid for pointing this out and claiming that "it's not fair". I've noticed that he posts a lot about how women get some sort of advantage over men. He's ignoring the fact that domestic violence is largely targeted at women, and is often ignored by socieyt

I'm being stupid? My thought process is consistent.
It's not fair? It isn't fair.
And I do not target women with violence. I do not treat them as sex objects. But for some reason, I am always targeted as the 'big bad man.' It isn't fair. And your argument that, men are unfair to women doesn't make it right for women to also be unfair to men.
By your argument, if a few Black men kept white slaves in their basements during the period of slavery in American history, it'd be permissible, simply because there was more white people with black slaves.
You're speaking from emotion. And you're being insulting. There are thousands of voices crying out for the intolerence of domestic violence against women. I agree wholeheartedly with this position. It should be uncontested.
However I disagree with your claim that it should be okay for women to strike men. That is not okay. Domestic violence should bet quashed.
If you claim that it should not be for women, but should be for men, then you support gender inequality and by that same reasoning, then men should be allowed to whack-a-woman whenever they want.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 11:17:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 10:59:19 AM, Axiom wrote:
At 8/20/2012 9:00:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:58:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?

I nary said you did. I was just responding to the fact that his OP out it not being fair was responded to with "Life isn't fair." I guess I'm just confused about what your point is.

My point is that he's being stupid for pointing this out and claiming that "it's not fair". I've noticed that he posts a lot about how women get some sort of advantage over men. He's ignoring the fact that domestic violence is largely targeted at women, and is often ignored by socieyt

I'm being stupid? My thought process is consistent.
It's not fair? It isn't fair.
And I do not target women with violence. I do not treat them as sex objects. But for some reason, I am always targeted as the 'big bad man.' It isn't fair. And your argument that, men are unfair to women doesn't make it right for women to also be unfair to men.
By your argument, if a few Black men kept white slaves in their basements during the period of slavery in American history, it'd be permissible, simply because there was more white people with black slaves.
You're speaking from emotion. And you're being insulting. There are thousands of voices crying out for the intolerence of domestic violence against women. I agree wholeheartedly with this position. It should be uncontested.
However I disagree with your claim that it should be okay for women to strike men. That is not okay. Domestic violence should bet quashed.
If you claim that it should not be for women, but should be for men, then you support gender inequality and by that same reasoning, then men should be allowed to whack-a-woman whenever they want.

Pretty sure she's not arguing in favor of women striking men, but instead, against men considering it leverage to hit them back. Just saying.

Domestic violence of any kind isn't okay at all.
YYW
Posts: 36,426
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:34:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 12:42:58 PM, Axiom wrote:
You see it all the time in television and the general population are now taking their cues from the media. Certain females think it is acceptable to express their emotions by slapping a male on the face. When I was a kid, my parents established a rule that no matter how many times my sister struck me, I was not allowed to strike her back. How is this fair? (For the purpose of this, let's assume the man is not some drunken abusive husband.)

1. It is not okay for men to strike women.
2. We adhere to equality regardless of gender.
3. It should not be okay for women to strike men.

If a woman does strike a man, can he proesecute? Slap back with the same ammount of force? Let it go and be a gentleman?

Perhaps off topic, but this reminds me of an Archer episode when the ISIS agents are in Gestadt.
Tsar of DDO
mark.marrocco
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:11:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 12:34:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/20/2012 12:42:58 PM, Axiom wrote:
You see it all the time in television and the general population are now taking their cues from the media. Certain females think it is acceptable to express their emotions by slapping a male on the face. When I was a kid, my parents established a rule that no matter how many times my sister struck me, I was not allowed to strike her back. How is this fair? (For the purpose of this, let's assume the man is not some drunken abusive husband.)

1. It is not okay for men to strike women.
2. We adhere to equality regardless of gender.
3. It should not be okay for women to strike men.

If a woman does strike a man, can he proesecute? Slap back with the same ammount of force? Let it go and be a gentleman?

Perhaps off topic, but this reminds me of an Archer episode when the ISIS agents are in Gestadt.



I love that show, and I've seen this episode. Awesome. lol
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
mark.marrocco
Posts: 236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:27:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 12:42:58 PM, Axiom wrote:
You see it all the time in television and the general population are now taking their cues from the media. Certain females think it is acceptable to express their emotions by slapping a male on the face. When I was a kid, my parents established a rule that no matter how many times my sister struck me, I was not allowed to strike her back. How is this fair? (For the purpose of this, let's assume the man is not some drunken abusive husband.)

1. It is not okay for men to strike women.
2. We adhere to equality regardless of gender.
3. It should not be okay for women to strike men.

If a woman does strike a man, can he proesecute? Slap back with the same ammount of force? Let it go and be a gentleman?

Legally, there's no difference. A man can press charges on a woman if he wants to for assault the same way a woman could do to a man.

The difference is sociocultural, with it being some kind of unwritten rule that women are delicate and need to be treated like glass china dolls. I call bullsh*t. On both sexes.

I think that tradition is mainly from a western culture of men treating women as a lesser race. Men have derived their confidence from their strength and thus systematically denied that women have any, in order to maintain an upper hand (no pun intended.) Women somehow allowed themselves to be conditioned into passively accepting this, perhaps through religion, perhaps some other way.

I think all "rights" and even "morals" are basically a function of power. Therefore, women didn't have "equal rights" for a long time because men held all of the power. The only way to get power is to take it, so being told you don't have any in the first place by all of society's customs is one way to prevent you from doing so. In other words, if I baby you, then you'll act like a baby.

This is what men have tried to do to women for a long time now, and it's unfounded in reality. Women can be just as strong as men, in somewhat different ways. Both sexes have lost out from this tradition. Women because they have had little to no political power, and have been marginalized and abused. Men because without strong women, I will admit, they are stupid and weak themselves.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:41:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 10:59:19 AM, Axiom wrote:
At 8/20/2012 9:00:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:58:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?

I nary said you did. I was just responding to the fact that his OP out it not being fair was responded to with "Life isn't fair." I guess I'm just confused about what your point is.

My point is that he's being stupid for pointing this out and claiming that "it's not fair". I've noticed that he posts a lot about how women get some sort of advantage over men. He's ignoring the fact that domestic violence is largely targeted at women, and is often ignored by socieyt

I'm being stupid? My thought process is consistent.
It's not fair? It isn't fair.
And I do not target women with violence. I do not treat them as sex objects. But for some reason, I am always targeted as the 'big bad man.' It isn't fair. And your argument that, men are unfair to women doesn't make it right for women to also be unfair to men.
By your argument, if a few Black men kept white slaves in their basements during the period of slavery in American history, it'd be permissible, simply because there was more white people with black slaves.
You're speaking from emotion. And you're being insulting. There are thousands of voices crying out for the intolerence of domestic violence against women. I agree wholeheartedly with this position. It should be uncontested.
However I disagree with your claim that it should be okay for women to strike men. That is not okay. Domestic violence should bet quashed.
If you claim that it should not be for women, but should be for men, then you support gender inequality and by that same reasoning, then men should be allowed to whack-a-woman whenever they want.

You know, I don't think I have seen you post a single thread about domestic violence against women, but you have posted multiple threads about how women are treated in a manner better than men. I don't think you are crying out against DV.

I already hinted at the reason as to why it needs to be done in the media. Men have dominated women since the destruction of the matriarchal societies that proceeded them (Celtic, Hopi, and many Bronze Age societies). Women need to be taught to defend and empower themselves; and men need to be taught to restrain themselves (the second will not come until women are able to sufficiently dominate men).
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 2:09:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In modern society women have more rights

Women get favor in rape cases, a woman can just cry rape and the man is seriously considered guilty until proven innocent.

Women get favor in child custody and divorce cases as well, even to irrational extents sometimes.

Women get lesser sentences for crimes men would get greater sentences for.

Women get convicted of crimes less.

Women can verbally and physically abuse a man and it is considered okay in society.

Women can hit a man in the groin and possibly sterilize him, yet when a man strikes a woman back for that (rarely happens) he is seen as the bad guy.

Women get favored in promotions over men because employers are feared a woman would sue them for discrimination on a sexual basis.

This reminds me of video:
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
yoda878
Posts: 902
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 2:13:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 12:42:58 PM, Axiom wrote:
You see it all the time in television and the general population are now taking their cues from the media. Certain females think it is acceptable to express their emotions by slapping a male on the face. When I was a kid, my parents established a rule that no matter how many times my sister struck me, I was not allowed to strike her back. How is this fair? (For the purpose of this, let's assume the man is not some drunken abusive husband.)

1. It is not okay for men to strike women.
2. We adhere to equality regardless of gender.
3. It should not be okay for women to strike men.

If a woman does strike a man, can he proesecute? Slap back with the same ammount of force? Let it go and be a gentleman?

They should have told your sister since your brother can not hit you, you can not hit your brother.
Me
Axiom
Posts: 241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 2:23:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 1:41:09 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/21/2012 10:59:19 AM, Axiom wrote:
At 8/20/2012 9:00:42 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:58:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:53:43 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:42:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/20/2012 8:40:51 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was society fair?

For the record, women can be prosecuted for assault. I interned for a local judge for a little bit this summer, and one of the cases we handled was that of a woman who assaulted her boyfriend.

Aye, but does that justify the collective standard that it's somehow a joke/not serious when women assault their boyfriends?

When did I imply that it did?

I nary said you did. I was just responding to the fact that his OP out it not being fair was responded to with "Life isn't fair." I guess I'm just confused about what your point is.

My point is that he's being stupid for pointing this out and claiming that "it's not fair". I've noticed that he posts a lot about how women get some sort of advantage over men. He's ignoring the fact that domestic violence is largely targeted at women, and is often ignored by socieyt

I'm being stupid? My thought process is consistent.
It's not fair? It isn't fair.
And I do not target women with violence. I do not treat them as sex objects. But for some reason, I am always targeted as the 'big bad man.' It isn't fair. And your argument that, men are unfair to women doesn't make it right for women to also be unfair to men.
By your argument, if a few Black men kept white slaves in their basements during the period of slavery in American history, it'd be permissible, simply because there was more white people with black slaves.
You're speaking from emotion. And you're being insulting. There are thousands of voices crying out for the intolerence of domestic violence against women. I agree wholeheartedly with this position. It should be uncontested.
However I disagree with your claim that it should be okay for women to strike men. That is not okay. Domestic violence should bet quashed.
If you claim that it should not be for women, but should be for men, then you support gender inequality and by that same reasoning, then men should be allowed to whack-a-woman whenever they want.

You know, I don't think I have seen you post a single thread about domestic violence against women, but you have posted multiple threads about how women are treated in a manner better than men. I don't think you are crying out against DV.

I already hinted at the reason as to why it needs to be done in the media. Men have dominated women since the destruction of the matriarchal societies that proceeded them (Celtic, Hopi, and many Bronze Age societies). Women need to be taught to defend and empower themselves; and men need to be taught to restrain themselves (the second will not come until women are able to sufficiently dominate men).

For me, it goes without saying that you cannot use violence against a woman. This isn't socially or culturally acceptable in the U.S. I don't appeal for something that is self-evident. And your opinion of me is simple Ad Hominem. It doesn't negate my argument in the least. In this very post, my very first point is that man should not hit women. I state it as a pressuposition.
Defending yourself is greatly different than seeking out dominance over men. "The second will not come until women are able to sufficiently dominate men." The funny thing about antognizing someone, is that they usually reciprocate. Your not asking for equality. Your asking for a gender war. True humanitarians support that no one should dominate anyone. As a feminist you are supporting that women should dominate men. Ergo, you are not for equal rights, you are for female superiority. Gee, I wonder why men might have a problem with this.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 2:46:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 2:09:33 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
In modern society women have more rights

You have a warped sense of reality.
Women get favor in rape cases, a woman can just cry rape and the man is seriously considered guilty until proven innocent.

Oh, really?

Let's see this:

46% of rapes get reported to police.

12% lead to arrest

9% get prosecuted

5% lead to felony conviction

3% of rapists spend time in jail

http://www.rainn.org...

It looks like your arguments about presumption of guilt are false.

As for your nonsense about "women can just cry rape" is retarded. The FBI notes that at least 92% of rape reports are true, an that if certain arbitrary factors were thrown out, something like 98% would be considered true.

The legal system is also designed to punish rape victims. Defense attorneys are well known for slandering them and claiming that they were promiscuous, ergo the rape did not happen (which is retarded. Since when are promiscuous women not rape-able? Just because a woman likes to have sex does not mean that she consented to the specific encounter.)

Women get favor in child custody
I'll talk abut this one. According to this source, "There was once a presumption that children should always be in the primary custody of the mother. Most states no longer allow that presumption. State laws vary on what is considered when determining custody in a divorce, but the general standard used today is the "best interests of the child" standard. While most states have eliminated the presumption that the mother should have primary custody, when looking at the best interests of the child, the specific factors that are considered still tend to favor mothers. "

http://www.divorcenet.com...

What are those factors?

1. The children go to the primary caregiver (who bathes the children, cooks for them, is active in school activities, etc.)

2. Parent-child bond (directly related to #1)

Guess who the primary caregivers are as per social standards? Females. If you don't like it, don't be sexist during the marriage and force the mother to care for the children.

This also doesn't really favor women because caring for children is a burden, and it is more difficult for women with children to date than for women without children to date. Basically, men get a "get out of jail free" card and have higher chances of getting in new relationships if they don't have to care for the children.

and divorce cases as well, even to irrational extents sometimes.

My guess is that you are discussing alimony. Alimony is given to the partner that earned less in the marriage. This wouldn't be a problem if women were not paid 75 cents for every dollar that men make for the same job. In cases in which the men earn less than their former wives, they receive alimony. (The Brittany Spears case is a good example. Look up "alimony" on Wikipedia). So, if you want to fix this, get rid of the financial disparity first. I'm sure most women would rather get rid of the financial disparity than preserve this "advantage" that they receive in divorce.
Women get lesser sentences for crimes men would get greater sentences for.

That nonsense is actually overblown. Women receive about 5 months less in jail time than men on average. http://investigation.discovery.com... That really is a token benefit at best, and it's outweighed by all of the other problems that women face.

Why do they get 5 months less? They are seen as less of a threat. Why is that? Sexism. Get rid of sexism (seeing women as weak), and the problem is solved.
Women get convicted of crimes less.

Yes, because they commit less crimes. 80% of offenders are men. http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

They better be going to jail more if that is the case.
Women can verbally and physically abuse a man and it is considered okay in society.

I already explained why this needs to be done. Women have been oppressed, and they need to be empowered and become confident.
Women can hit a man in the groin and possibly sterilize him, yet when a man strikes a woman back for that (rarely happens) he is seen as the bad guy.

I would like proof of this.

Also, men hit women all the time. 95% of Domestic Violence victims are female.
Women get favored in promotions over men because employers are feared a woman would sue them for discrimination on a sexual basis.

Discrimination against women is documented. They get paid less than men do for the same job.

In addition, the promotion nonsense is a lie. From a study:
Our recent Catalyst report, The Myth of the Ideal Worker, reveals that women do ask for raises and promotions. They just don't get as much in return.
Women who initiated such conversations and changed jobs post MBA experienced slower compensation growth than the women who stayed put. For men, on the other hand, it paid off to change jobs and negotiate for higher salaries—they earned more than men who stayed did. And we saw that as both men's and women's careers progress, the gender gap in level and pay gets even wider.


https://ffbsccn.wordpress.com...

Have fun whining about nonexistent problems.