Jump to topic:

Can you see this?

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 3:21:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It is supposed to be banned here but I can see it, don't know how.

Anyway, this is pretty stupid. It starts from 5:00, and I think it's one of the stupidest movies I've seen. I don't usually support banning something, and in theoretically, I still don't. But I'm not actually enraged at having this banned because of the sheer stupidity the movie represents. And how the movie borders on hate speech.

I still think it's pathetic the way the muslim world has reacted, but I can't bring myself to defend this movie.

Your thoughts?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 8:10:55 PM
It's an overdone and made to be an offensive caricature, despite the general stupidity most of scenes are directly based on events from the Qur'an or Hadith with 'jokes', bestiality, adultery and making up added for ideally humourous effect. eg. Khadijah, Jews of Banu Qurayza, Safiyya.

Muhammad as described in the Qur'an was a disgusting person. I don't approve of the video, it doesn't educate the ignorant, but I wouldn't want it banned. The reactions show Islam and orthodox Muslims for what they are (traditionally speaking, now "extremist"), overtly sensitive.

It's not hate speech because it doesn't in itself incite violence or hatred. It's a slander of a historical individual but that's about it.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 3:09:07 PM
This is so stupid I couldn't even get halfway through it.

I mean, seriously, it was really really stupid.

I'm not doing the stupidity justice.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 6:03:48 PM
Lol, it was so hard to watch. I'm confident that the only reason it actually became a problem isn't because of how offensive it is but because of how it's amazing low quality made it go viral.

Btw, I wrote a blog post on this issue. Soon to updated to the DDO blog.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord