Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Abortion in Cases of Death

blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:53:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.

The child was welcomed through unprotected sexual activity.
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:53:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

You can say whatever you want, that does not mean that there is such an implication. There is no mandatory responsibility to have a child when you have sex. I can see you arguing against it on moral grounds, even though I'd disagree, but just saying that there is an implied contract is not much of an argument.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:55:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:53:21 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.

The child was welcomed through unprotected sexual activity.

In the same way that a mugging is welcomed through walking down a dark alley?
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:58:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:55:53 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:53:21 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.

The child was welcomed through unprotected sexual activity.

In the same way that a mugging is welcomed through walking down a dark alley?

The mugging is an involuntary action. The unprotected sexual activity was entirely voluntary.

Even if the sex was involuntary, this is a nonissue because Aristotle tells us that we must pursue happiness by fulfilling our function and the function of women is to produce children.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:15:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:58:18 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:55:53 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:53:21 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.

The child was welcomed through unprotected sexual activity.

In the same way that a mugging is welcomed through walking down a dark alley?

The mugging is an involuntary action. The unprotected sexual activity was entirely voluntary.

Even if the sex was involuntary, this is a nonissue because Aristotle tells us that we must pursue happiness by fulfilling our function and the function of women is to produce children.

Yes, and man's function is to have children so men should just rape women as often as possible because happiness is achieved.

So do you excuse abortion in cases of rape? Maybe a better example is if I give a homeless man money and he uses it to buy a gun and commit a massacre. Is there a contract there?
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:19:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 4:15:52 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:58:18 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:55:53 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:53:21 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.

The child was welcomed through unprotected sexual activity.

In the same way that a mugging is welcomed through walking down a dark alley?

The mugging is an involuntary action. The unprotected sexual activity was entirely voluntary.

Even if the sex was involuntary, this is a nonissue because Aristotle tells us that we must pursue happiness by fulfilling our function and the function of women is to produce children.

Yes, and man's function is to have children so men should just rape women as often as possible because happiness is achieved.

The function of men is to build a good society, and yes, that achieves happiness.
So do you excuse abortion in cases of rape? Maybe a better example is if I give a homeless man money and he uses it to buy a gun and commit a massacre. Is there a contract there?

No, because the function of man is not to kill another person.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:32:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The function of men is to build a good society, and yes, that achieves happiness.

Yes, and women have nothing to contribute here. Rather, they only exist to make you sandwiches and have your babies. The 21st century must be a strange and confusing world to you.

I'm not addressing your other response because it didn't get at the gist of my point.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 4:38:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 4:32:31 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
The function of men is to build a good society, and yes, that achieves happiness.

Yes, and women have nothing to contribute here. Rather, they only exist to make you sandwiches and have your babies. The 21st century must be a strange and confusing world to you.

You are being sexist by deemphasizing the impact of the female contribution to society. Producing offspring is one of the most powerful and important means of contributing. This comment was completely misogynist.
I'm not addressing your other response because it didn't get at the gist of my point.

Of course it does. Your argument is that you are fulfilling the function of the gun, but that function violates the function of man. The function of man is to build a good society, and contracting killers detracts from this goal.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 2:15:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.

Jesus Christ, this actually makes me think twice about social contract theory....I'm not sure how you can invent contracts out of nowhere whenever it sounds nice and suits your argument.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 2:18:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 2:15:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.

Jesus Christ, this actually makes me think twice about social contract theory....I'm not sure how you can invent contracts out of nowhere whenever it sounds nice and suits your argument.

My point exactly ;)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 3:51:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.

Is this contract a suicide pact?
If the mother dies, chances are, the child dies too.
My work here is, finally, done.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:07:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Blameworthy answer the question: how is there a contract if a woman is raped?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:11:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 3:51:38 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.

Is this contract a suicide pact?
If the mother dies, chances are, the child dies too.

Well if that little bastard is a full-fledged person just like me, then he or she is probably behind on its taxes before it is born and owes in. Perhaps the father is responsible, and the rapist would have his charges for using the social service of "prison" increased in accordance.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:39:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 5:07:04 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Blameworthy answer the question: how is there a contract if a woman is raped?

She signed it when she consented to being a woman.

I'm pretty sure we're being trolled by RP.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 7:01:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 2:15:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.

Jesus Christ, this actually makes me think twice about social contract theory....I'm not sure how you can invent contracts out of nowhere whenever it sounds nice and suits your argument.

Welcome to Anarchism.
Volkskorps
Posts: 61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:36:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:53:21 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:52:35 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:48:41 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:46:03 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Are you trolling? Where is this contract?

The contract is implied.

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you talking about? There is no contract anywhere. Could I go over to your house, piss on your lawn, and when you get angry at me I pull out a mystical, metaphysical contract that you've consented to although the consent was entirely implied and you knew nothing of this contract that allowed me to piss on your lawn?

I enjoy playing make believe, but I usually do it when I'm on my own.

The child was welcomed through unprotected sexual activity.

Was the child welcomed through unprotected sexual activity that is involuntary? For example: a woman getting raped.
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 1:09:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/6/2012 3:44:05 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Abortion should not be permitted for any reason, including cases in which the pregnancy is life threatening. The mother made a contract with the child to carry it to term, and the contract must be carried out even if the mother dies in the process.

Umm No, there is no contract. A woman had sex, to have sex (rape still has no contract because there was no consent), not bring a life into the world. If a woman has sex, and a fetus invades her body without her wanting it to be there, then it is a parasite and a woman has the freedom to defend herself and future.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."