Jump to topic:

Conversations u would have liked to have seen

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 1:46:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hypothetical conversations between people you would have liked to seen.

Ones I can think of:

Michio Kaku with Albert Einstein

Hawing, Kaku and Einstein

Peter Singer and John Mill

Neil Tyson and Galileo/Newton

Singer/Mill and Kant

Hume and Kant

Hume and Quinne

And many more.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 1:48:13 PM
Christopher Hitchens and Jesus.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2012 1:51:25 PM
At 11/24/2012 1:48:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Christopher Hitchens and Jesus.

Lol

But Gandhi and Jesus would be cool.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 10:59:09 AM
Hume and Kant

nuff said.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:45:26 PM
Albert Einstein and Richard Feynman.
Bruce Lee and Mohammed Ali.
Seymour Cray and Robert Noyce.
Avro Manhattan and Fergal Keane.

Harry.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:14:40 PM
Great idea man, that was the premise of one of the greatest TV shows of all time, from back in the olden days before most of you guys were born.

Steve Allen, originator of the "Tonight Show", had another show called "Meeting of the Minds", he would bring together four people from history who sat around a table and had a conversation, Allen used thier real ideas and quotes to put fascinating conversations together. You would have a foursome like Genghis Khan, Mahatma Gandi, Jesus, and Socrates for instance, and they would have a fascinating discussion moderated by Steve Allen. Steve Allen was a genius and the show was done well, he picked the people and when I say he moderated the discussion, I mean he brought up issues and asked questions that would spur discussion, etc...it was truly a fascinating show that got deep into philosophical issues from different perspectives, absolutely brilliant.. I sure wish somebody would start such a show up again.

Cool, I just looked it up, turns out there's a web site about it and you can buy the shows, I'm going to get the set...here you go.

http://www.steveallenonline.com...
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 5:15:50 PM
At 11/24/2012 1:46:21 PM, phantom wrote:
Hypothetical conversations between people you would have liked to seen.

Ones I can think of:

Michio Kaku with Albert Einstein

Hawing, Kaku and Einstein

Peter Singer and John Mill

Neil Tyson and Galileo/Newton

Singer/Mill and Kant

Hume and Kant

Hume and Quinne

And many more.

I would like to see any conversation about any issue where neither side is not permitted under any circumstance be allowed to play the tired and pathetic race card.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 8:05:08 PM
At 12/5/2012 2:14:40 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Great idea man, that was the premise of one of the greatest TV shows of all time, from back in the olden days before most of you guys were born.

Steve Allen, originator of the "Tonight Show", had another show called "Meeting of the Minds", he would bring together four people from history who sat around a table and had a conversation, Allen used thier real ideas and quotes to put fascinating conversations together. You would have a foursome like Genghis Khan, Mahatma Gandi, Jesus, and Socrates for instance, and they would have a fascinating discussion moderated by Steve Allen. Steve Allen was a genius and the show was done well, he picked the people and when I say he moderated the discussion, I mean he brought up issues and asked questions that would spur discussion, etc...it was truly a fascinating show that got deep into philosophical issues from different perspectives, absolutely brilliant.. I sure wish somebody would start such a show up again.

Cool, I just looked it up, turns out there's a web site about it and you can buy the shows, I'm going to get the set...here you go.

http://www.steveallenonline.com...

Sweet. I did see a pretend conversation with Jesus and Nietzsche recently but it wasn't that great.

This looks a lot better.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 8:28:13 PM
Descartes and Stephen Hawking (since thinking is about all he can do at this point)
Obama and Thomas Jefferson
Ron Paul and Thomas Jefferson
Hitler and Moses
the Marx brothers and Karl Marx with Richard Marx
Paul Krugman and Hayek
Jimmy McMillan and the original Boston Tea Party (these Tea taxes are too damn high)
Nietzsche and God
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike