Jump to topic:

National Coming Out Day

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 12:54:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Bollocks! I forgot to wish everyone a Happy National Coming Out Day yesterday (though it's today for those of you in the UK). Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's okay - you guys don't have to talk about it - but for those of you who are too wrapped up in your online masculinity to acknowledge their true identity here on DDO, it's alright. I'll be here waiting if you need to talk... I know who you are : )
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:08:04 PM
It's LGBT - But I appreciate you for trying! :)

Lol I dunno - I heard about it my freshman year in college, and know that it's every October 11 where closeted gays are encouraged to come out of the closet, I guess. It's supposed to be sort of "celebrated" to give them the confidence and open support of those around them to do so. It's not a huge deal, but a nice thought for those who use/need it, I suppose. But yes, screw the gays! Let's celebrate the man who imposed genocide on the Native Americans and took the living ones back as slaves!
President of DDO
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:10:48 PM
At 10/12/2009 1:08:04 PM, theLwerd wrote:
But yes, screw the gays! Let's celebrate the man who imposed genocide on the Native Americans and took the living ones back as slaves!

That's the way my history teacher last year viewed it. I can't help but agree with her.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:12:22 PM
Wait, took them back? I didn't know they took any significant numbers of Native Americans back to Europe.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:14:21 PM
At 10/12/2009 1:12:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Wait, took them back? I didn't know they took any significant numbers of Native Americans back to Europe.

Columbus took Native Americans back to Spain to prove his discovery. Maybe we should do it again with real Americans , and dub it "America - The World Show of Stubbornness"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 1:15:38 PM
At 10/12/2009 12:54:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Bollocks! I forgot to wish everyone a Happy National Coming Out Day yesterday (though it's today for those of you in the UK). Anyway, I just wanted to say that it's okay - you guys don't have to talk about it - but for those of you who are too wrapped up in your online masculinity to acknowledge their true identity here on DDO, it's alright. I'll be here waiting if you need to talk... I know who you are : )

is this official.... where?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 2:08:10 PM

Screw that, no way I'm celebrating this.

I have a huge final on Wednesday and I'm not leaving my room for any reason except the bathroom and the refrigerator.

I'll be staying INDOORS today, tyvm.

Besides, It's cold.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 3:09:40 PM
At 10/12/2009 2:08:10 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Screw that, no way I'm celebrating this.

I have a huge final on Wednesday and I'm not leaving my room for any reason except the bathroom and the refrigerator.

I'll be staying INDOORS today, tyvm.

Besides, It's cold.

Agree.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 3:43:55 PM
Yeah, I put on some red, high-heeled, leather boots,a baby blue bonnet, a lacey black thong, and a pink training bra. Then I skipped around the block in broad daylight, carrying a bouquet of pansies and a candy-striped bo-peep staff, while whistling the Oscar Meyer Wiener song!
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 4:19:50 PM
At 10/12/2009 3:43:55 PM, comoncents wrote:
Yeah, I put on some red, high-heeled, leather boots,a baby blue bonnet, a lacey black thong, and a pink training bra. Then I skipped around the block in broad daylight, carrying a bouquet of pansies and a candy-striped bo-peep staff, while whistling the Oscar Meyer Wiener song!

That's not "Coming Out Day". That sounds more like Halloween.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 4:21:09 PM
Alright... I admit it ok! I'm a lesbian.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 4:33:21 PM

This is a horrible generalization. Little Bo Peep? Gay men would not be so tacky in 2009. Maybe 1989...
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:01:02 PM
At 10/12/2009 4:33:21 PM, theLwerd wrote:

This is a horrible generalization. Little Bo Peep? Gay men would not be so tacky in 2009. Maybe 1989...

i'll do better next year... sorry
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:08:45 PM
You should have gone with something Madonna-ish. She's like a little black dress: she never goes out of style.
President of DDO
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2009 5:10:44 PM
At 10/12/2009 1:12:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

They did.