Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Boston - England; a tale of demise.

Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 8:26:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was listening to BBC Radio 4 earlier, there was a short documentary on about Boston in England and how this epitome of a little English town (once reminiscent of Miss Marple) has been transformed and divided over the past decade by unabated, government directed and assisted mass migration from former Eastern block countries.

There is an in-depth article here by Peter Hitchens (brother of the late Christopher Hitchens).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here are a few extracts about the reality, the stuff that can't be raised in polite company, the stuff that might see you labelled a bigot by some on this forum:

"In the past few years this place has seen drunken street battles between locals and migrants, some nasty assaults and a continuing air of suspicion and dislike that it is hard to miss " yet which cannot be openly expressed."

"At one major road junction, a huge poster demands a ban on the public drinking of alcohol. Knowing that rowdy street-drinking (and public urination) is one of the main local complaints against migrants, I cannot help wondering if this is not some sort of covert protest against their presence."

"If you look carefully as the train from Grantham rolls into the station, you can see the blasted, scorched lock-up garage where, a few weeks ago, five men died in an explosion that could be heard five miles away across the great fields of leeks, sprouts and beetroot that surround the town. We may say with some certainty that they were trying to make illegal vodka, and that they came from Eastern Europe. Police investigations are still continuing into the background of this nasty business."

"In Boston, what they mean is this. On a 20-minute walk from railway station to bed-and-breakfast, I meet and see almost nobody who speaks English. Most of the few I do see are the kind of people nobody wants to employ: the only players in this sad melodrama who might conceivably have chosen a different outcome."

A sad and depressing state of affairs - repeated all across the UK - this is a serious social problem now, added to the social problems that were already present and ruining the lives of ordinary people even more.

Harry.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 3:54:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/11/2012 8:26:41 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
I was listening to BBC Radio 4 earlier, there was a short documentary on about Boston in England and how this epitome of a little English town (once reminiscent of Miss Marple) has been transformed and divided over the past decade by unabated, government directed and assisted mass migration from former Eastern block countries.

There is an in-depth article here by Peter Hitchens (brother of the late Christopher Hitchens).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here are a few extracts about the reality, the stuff that can't be raised in polite company, the stuff that might see you labelled a bigot by some on this forum:

"In the past few years this place has seen drunken street battles between locals and migrants, some nasty assaults and a continuing air of suspicion and dislike that it is hard to miss " yet which cannot be openly expressed."

"At one major road junction, a huge poster demands a ban on the public drinking of alcohol. Knowing that rowdy street-drinking (and public urination) is one of the main local complaints against migrants, I cannot help wondering if this is not some sort of covert protest against their presence."

"If you look carefully as the train from Grantham rolls into the station, you can see the blasted, scorched lock-up garage where, a few weeks ago, five men died in an explosion that could be heard five miles away across the great fields of leeks, sprouts and beetroot that surround the town. We may say with some certainty that they were trying to make illegal vodka, and that they came from Eastern Europe. Police investigations are still continuing into the background of this nasty business."

"In Boston, what they mean is this. On a 20-minute walk from railway station to bed-and-breakfast, I meet and see almost nobody who speaks English. Most of the few I do see are the kind of people nobody wants to employ: the only players in this sad melodrama who might conceivably have chosen a different outcome."

A sad and depressing state of affairs - repeated all across the UK - this is a serious social problem now, added to the social problems that were already present and ruining the lives of ordinary people even more.

Harry.

Interesting, sad, & scary.
Thanx for sharing.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
slo1
Posts: 4,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:31:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
lol, from the place that gave us Benny Hill, the brand "Boom" is offensive.

Enter these shops and you will find them selling vodka (one brand rather tactlessly named "Boom"),


It reads like it is written by a man who hates change and wants to justify why others are at fault for the change. The sooner all these EU folks reconcile that they are on a long road to assimilation between all the member countries the better they can get to the task at hand, rather than pine for the old days.

An Oh, by the the way, pick your own dang vegetables if you don't want lower skilled labor coming in to do it for you.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 12:08:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 9:31:08 AM, slo1 wrote:
lol, from the place that gave us Benny Hill, the brand "Boom" is offensive.

Enter these shops and you will find them selling vodka (one brand rather tactlessly named "Boom"),


Offensive? read this - poisonous would be a better description:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

It reads like it is written by a man who hates change and wants to justify why others are at fault for the change. The sooner all these EU folks reconcile that they are on a long road to assimilation between all the member countries the better they can get to the task at hand, rather than pine for the old days.

Nothing wrong with opposing social changes that you disapprove of is there? Where did he blame "others" for anything? can you cite a sentence?

The EU is becoming despised by many and has been bad for most of the public in most of the member states.

An Oh, by the the way, pick your own dang vegetables if you don't want lower skilled labor coming in to do it for you.

People would if market forces had been left alone so that supply and demand would set wages. Instead wages have fallen as poverty stricken foreigners were imported by the truck load - none of this is good for the people of Britain.

Harry.
slo1
Posts: 4,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 4:53:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 12:08:59 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 12/12/2012 9:31:08 AM, slo1 wrote:
lol, from the place that gave us Benny Hill, the brand "Boom" is offensive.

Enter these shops and you will find them selling vodka (one brand rather tactlessly named "Boom"),


Offensive? read this - poisonous would be a better description:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

LOL, Boom is a Czechoslovikian sparkling vodka, not a fake vodka named after the guys who blew them selves up making illegal liquor not fit for consumption. It was more than a stretch for Hitchens to insinuate it was named after the accident.
http://www.boom-vodka.cz...

It reads like it is written by a man who hates change and wants to justify why others are at fault for the change. The sooner all these EU folks reconcile that they are on a long road to assimilation between all the member countries the better they can get to the task at hand, rather than pine for the old days.

Nothing wrong with opposing social changes that you disapprove of is there? Where did he blame "others" for anything? can you cite a sentence?

The EU is becoming despised by many and has been bad for most of the public in most of the member states.

An Oh, by the the way, pick your own dang vegetables if you don't want lower skilled labor coming in to do it for you.

People would if market forces had been left alone so that supply and demand would set wages. Instead wages have fallen as poverty stricken foreigners were imported by the truck load - none of this is good for the people of Britain.

Harry.

Well, you are not the first country to debate the pro's and con's of immigration and how it can affect local culture when there is a reluctance to assimilation to the host country. He does his best to blame it on the politicians that allow it to happen, but at the root it is still the implied street pee'ers, constant drunks, non-english speaking immigrants mucking up the place.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 10:13:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 4:53:41 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 12:08:59 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 12/12/2012 9:31:08 AM, slo1 wrote:
lol, from the place that gave us Benny Hill, the brand "Boom" is offensive.

Enter these shops and you will find them selling vodka (one brand rather tactlessly named "Boom"),


Offensive? read this - poisonous would be a better description:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

LOL, Boom is a Czechoslovikian sparkling vodka, not a fake vodka named after the guys who blew them selves up making illegal liquor not fit for consumption. It was more than a stretch for Hitchens to insinuate it was named after the accident.
http://www.boom-vodka.cz...

It reads like it is written by a man who hates change and wants to justify why others are at fault for the change. The sooner all these EU folks reconcile that they are on a long road to assimilation between all the member countries the better they can get to the task at hand, rather than pine for the old days.

Nothing wrong with opposing social changes that you disapprove of is there? Where did he blame "others" for anything? can you cite a sentence?

The EU is becoming despised by many and has been bad for most of the public in most of the member states.

An Oh, by the the way, pick your own dang vegetables if you don't want lower skilled labor coming in to do it for you.

People would if market forces had been left alone so that supply and demand would set wages. Instead wages have fallen as poverty stricken foreigners were imported by the truck load - none of this is good for the people of Britain.

Harry.

Well, you are not the first country to debate the pro's and con's of immigration and how it can affect local culture when there is a reluctance to assimilation to the host country. He does his best to blame it on the politicians that allow it to happen, but at the root it is still the implied street pee'ers, constant drunks, non-english speaking immigrants mucking up the place.

Which many of them do.

Harry.