Jump to topic:

London Jews" Private Militia

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 5:12:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
To join a group of para-military vigilantes called the London Shomrim applicants must be "Jewish, male and married and willing to devote large chunks of their free time to the cause."

And what is that cause? To dress in official-looking uniforms and roam the streets of London's Jewish districts intimidating non-Jews living, working or passing through those suburbs, ostensibly in order to "protect" Jews.

London Metropolitan Police Chief Superintendent Steve Bending, said: "Whilst I have a great amount of respect for the Orthodox Jewish Community within Hackney, I do not support the concept of any community having its own form of patrol service. There is a risk of other communities feeling intimidated by this course of action."

Meanwhile, Met Police Chief Superintendent Steve Kavanagh said: "Uniformed patrols which communities are asked to pay for make me extremely nervous."

But London Shomri's Mr Perlberger is says: "If the police think this is a slight against them that is their problem."

The London Shomri is mainly privately funded but it does also receive public money through through grants from the local borough councils.

While there are around 200,000 Jews living in London, there are over 1,000,000 Muslims living in the city, many of them resident in the same boroughs as the Jews.

However, the Muslims don"t have their own private militia - I wonder what ordinary Londoners would say if they thought their taxes were helping to fund uniformed Muslim para-military officers to patrol the streets?

http://www.thejc.com...
http://www.independent.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 5:55:45 AM
LOL, I'd love to see some of our resident anti-Muslim commentators' analysis on this. This is 100x worse than creating a minaret and announcing prayer calls.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 7:24:13 AM
At 12/18/2012 5:12:28 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
To join a group of para-military vigilantes called the London Shomrim applicants must be "Jewish, male and married and willing to devote large chunks of their free time to the cause."

And what is that cause? To dress in official-looking uniforms and roam the streets of London's Jewish districts intimidating non-Jews living, working or passing through those suburbs, ostensibly in order to "protect" Jews.

London Metropolitan Police Chief Superintendent Steve Bending, said: "Whilst I have a great amount of respect for the Orthodox Jewish Community within Hackney, I do not support the concept of any community having its own form of patrol service. There is a risk of other communities feeling intimidated by this course of action."

Meanwhile, Met Police Chief Superintendent Steve Kavanagh said: "Uniformed patrols which communities are asked to pay for make me extremely nervous."

But London Shomri's Mr Perlberger is says: "If the police think this is a slight against them that is their problem."

The London Shomri is mainly privately funded but it does also receive public money through through grants from the local borough councils.

While there are around 200,000 Jews living in London, there are over 1,000,000 Muslims living in the city, many of them resident in the same boroughs as the Jews.

However, the Muslims don"t have their own private militia - I wonder what ordinary Londoners would say if they thought their taxes were helping to fund uniformed Muslim para-military officers to patrol the streets?

http://www.thejc.com...
http://www.independent.co.uk...

This is a bad development precisely because it may spawn a reaction from some Muslims - there are already no-go areas for non-Muslims in parts of Britain, once this idea takes hold I can see it just getting worse.

Note though that this is motivated by a dissatisfaction with the police - the police in London are burdened by masses of work, we've seen gang crime rise, prostitution rise, gun smuggling rise.

Much of this as a result of uncritical (legal and illegal) immigration from places like Albania, Kosovo, Turkey, Poland, Romania and many parts of war torn Africa - this is approx comparable to the growth in the US of Latino gangs from Mexico, El Salvador etc.

I used to live in Muswell Hill in London and know well that police are often a long time coming. The gangs and thugs in Britain openly show utter disrespect to the Police too, compared with the USA. The police I see here in the USA tend to be more respected by the public, you just don't see many examples mouthy hoodies arguing and screaming at Police when they get stopped.

US cops just don't tolerate that, they snap down sooner than UK cops, they are also armed and react more aggressively to aggression - a mouthy UK hoodie arguing and resisting a cop here would last ten seconds then he'd be cuffed and dragged away to a cell - if we did this more in the UK we'd see a fall in some kinds of crime, the UK police are no less tough they are just burdened by reams of red tape much of it imposed by the EU, arresting a scumbag probably entails filling in a ten page 27B/6 in triplicate.

Not many people realize that the UK is more violent than the USA or even South Africa (except for homicide) and walking around parts of the UK is far more dangerous than walking around part of the US.

Basically the UK police are stretched too far and have to deal with too many cultures and languages in addition to our own white thug scumbag hoodie problems.

Harry.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 7:24:59 AM
At 12/18/2012 5:56:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also yeah, it's nonsensical to create a para-militia for one community. Arrest anybody involved in this.

But its NOT illegal - they have a RIGHT....remember that word?

Harry.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:40:24 PM
This is called making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

This "militia" is composed of 22 unarmed people, who walk around patrolling their neighborhood. What's wrong with that?

Counter selective quoting:

"While the Metropolitan Police aim to reach an emergency situation in 11 minutes, Shomrim boasts a two-minute response time."

"They have moved away from trying to be a pseudo-police force to being evidence gatherers and observers there to support the police," Bending says. "They know they have much to lose if there is an incident where they don't comply with that statement of expectations."

"We started with neighborhood patrols - two cars with two members each would drive around in shifts, with the instruction that if they saw anything suspicious they must immediately call the police. They were forbidden to leave the car," says Gary Ost.

"In the five months since the Stamford Hill Shomrim hotline was established, they have dealt with more than 2,000 calls including break-ins, thefts and muggings. On average, they identify three to five suspects a week and hand them over to the police."

"22 patrolling members" - some militia that is 22 unarmed people.

"The nearest police station is a seven-minute drive."

"Once at the scene the Shomrim members say their first responsibility is to calm the victim, then they will attempt to "secure" the suspect. Mr Perlberger explained: "We try to ensure that the suspect does not run off, although we never put our hands on the suspect. If he does leave the scene we will follow him either on foot or in a car and relay our information to the police."

"they teach members to approach situations with caution and never to get into a face-to-face confrontation with a suspect. "If anyone steps out of line they are dismissed,""

When the group was established in 2008, Supt Steve Dann, the then Hackney commander, said: "I am very upset that no-one has approached me about this. It has been done behind my back. I see this as a slight against me that we were not delivering a service." - So the problem is that the police chief feels slighted.

"When people call us we don"t ask their religion, we will help anyone"

"The police encourage neighbourhoods to have a neighbourhood watch service and I cannot see a great deal of difference between that and this, apart from the fact that this is active rather than static. But that is a good thing because it will inevitably provide a great deal of intelligence for the police service."
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:44:01 PM
What the f*ck? A volunteer force that specifically goes around the neighborhood stopping crime and anti-Semitic violence is now "intimidating" goyim? I suppose the anti-Semites couldn't resist...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)