Did you know?

Republican95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:19:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have compiled this list form various websites and other sources

•India has more Honor Students than the entire United States Public Education System has students?
•That the most in-demand jobs in 2010 didn't even exist in 2004?
•There is more information in a weeks worth of Time Magazine than a human who lived in the 18th Century was exposed to in their entire life?
•If MySpace was its own country it would have the world's fifth largest population?
•If you are one in a million in China there are 1,300 people exactly like you?
•China will soon become the world's largest English speaking country.
•The U.S. Department of Labor estimated that children being born right now will have 10-14 jobs before they turn 38?
•1 out of 8 couples married in 2008 met on the internet?
•There are 31 billion Google searches every month? In 2006, this number was 2.7 billion.
•The sum of all text messages sent in a day outnumbers the population of the Earth?
•There are 540,000 words in the English language? But the average American only uses around 196 unique words everyday.
• More unique information was learned between 1990 and 2009 than the total amount of information learned in the last 5,000 years?
• The total amount of technical information is doubling every two years? For students starting a 4 year technical degree this means that half of what they learned in their first year of study will be outdated by their third year of study.
•By 2013 it is estimated that a supercomputer will be built that exceeds the computational capabilities of the human brain?
•By 2048, a $1000 dollar computer will have more computational capabilities than the entire human race?
•In the next 8 seconds, 36 babies will be born? 5 in India, 4 in China, and 1 in the United States.
•By 2030, China will be the world's richest country, have the world's largest military, be the center of worldwide business and finance, have the world's strongest education system, its currency will be the world standard of value, and it will have the world's highest standard of living?
•The world-wide-wed holds the equivalent amount of information of 261 Libraries of Congress? In order for a human to learn the same amount of information they would have to read approximately 9 billion 1,000 page textbooks books or attend college for 144 years?
•55 of the 100 most popular college majors didn't even exist in the year 1999?
•In 1995 the percentage of Americans online was 11%; in 2009 the percentage was 74%? In China, 4% of the population was online in 2004. Now the percentage in China is 65%?
•As of 2005, computers are better teachers than, well, teachers? By 2015 it is estimated that the laptop will replace the textbook as the primary means of information exchange in the 6th grade classroom.
•For every 1 person eating over 2,000 calories a day there are 3 people eating less than 500?
•By 2020, Lagos, Nigeria will be the world's largest city.
•Of the 1.3 million U.S. college graduates in 2008, 21% of them were at least "somewhat fluent" in a second language, mostly Spanish or French? Of the 3.1 million college graduates in India in 2008, 100% of them knew English?
•By 2040 there will be more Hispanics in California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New York, and Florida than there are Caucasians?
•More then 230,000 new MySpace accounts are created everyday?
•More then 3,000 books were published today?
•A human born in 1980 will know one-thousand times more knowledge by their thirtieth birthday than a human born in 1750?
•Islam is the fastest growing religion in the United States? By 2050, the number of Muslims will outnumber the number of Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists in the United States combined? They will be pushing for 25% of the U.S. population, and Christians are expected to make up less than 50%?
•Since 1980, the number of words in the English language has increased by 16%? Words like e-mail, internet, text, and I.M. account for most of that increase.
•If economic trends continue, by 2140, every nation in the world will have a standard of living equal to that found in the United States in 2005?
•That everyday, approximately 29 million children die worldwide due to abortion?
•If we continue consuming the same amount of resources, by 2100 we will need seven planet Earths to sustain the human population?
•According to the Census Bureau, the United States population will not reach one billion until around 2334. However, the nations of India and China might reach a population of 5 billion each by 2100? That's 10 billion people in two countries.
•If current trends continue, terrorism will have claimed one billion lives by 2250? That is, roughly, one-out-of-six people living today.
•Life expectancy is likely to exceed one-hundred years old by 2070? The oldest people living in 2070 will probably be around 140 year old.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:31:56 PM
Cool story bro
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:54:39 PM
•In the next 8 seconds, 36 babies will be born? 5 in India, 4 in China, and 1 in the United States.

5+4+1=10
10 does not equal 8

FAIL! Lol

Interesting, but almost all of these are subjective and it would be really hard to prove them.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
Republican95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:56:33 PM
At 10/19/2009 6:54:39 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

5+4+1=10
10 does not equal 8

FAIL! Lol

Interesting, but almost all of these are subjective and it would be really hard to prove them.

Babies aren't just born in China, India, and the United States; dingleberry...however, 10 of them are...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:57:35 PM

5+4+1=10
10 does not equal 8

FAIL! Lol
Actually, you fail epically on this one. First, the 5, 4, and 1, are babies. The 8 is seconds. Two totally different variables there. Second, there are more countries in the world than India, China, and the US.

The moar you know...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:57:40 PM

5+4+1=10
10 does not equal 8

FAIL! Lol

Fail on your part. 8 is seconds.

They induct that technology will continue to grow exponentially, which is unlikely.We can only go so far before the laws of the universe halt us.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Flyinglow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 6:59:37 PM
lol.

But regarding the first point, India has a much larger population than the U.S., and the United States actually has a higher percentage of graduates.
Republican95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 7:03:52 PM
At 10/19/2009 6:59:37 PM, Flyinglow wrote:
lol.

But regarding the first point, India has a much larger population than the U.S., and the United States actually has a higher percentage of graduates.

So, a higher PERCENTAGE of total students in the USA graduate high school, in India a higher ACTUAL NUMBER OF STUDENTS graduates.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2009 7:05:55 PM
At 10/19/2009 6:19:47 PM, Republican95 wrote:
•As of 2005, computers are better teachers than, well, teachers? By 2015 it is estimated that the laptop will replace the textbook as the primary means of information exchange in the 6th grade classroom.

I was just thinking about that earlier today. No more overpacked backpacks, no more unorganized binders, no more "Oh, no! My dog ate my homework!" It would be, "Oh, no! My computer deleted my homework!" every time. Just imagine doing all classroom activities on a computer!
1-2-3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 5:16:00 AM
The original poster is a liar. He did not compose that list from "various sources." He got it from one video on Youtube.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 5:23:26 AM
At 10/20/2009 5:16:00 AM, 1-2-3 wrote:
The original poster is a liar. He did not compose that list from "various sources." He got it from one video on Youtube.

sage
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 2:23:59 PM
At 10/19/2009 6:56:33 PM, Republican95 wrote:

5+4+1=10
10 does not equal 8

FAIL! Lol

Babies aren't just born in China, India, and the United States; dingleberry...however, 10 of them are...

...joke...geez
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler