wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2013 5:35:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.cnn.com...

This article speaks for itself:

Among America's largest cities, Philadelphia's homicide rate is the worst. Guns are the weapons of choice, with more than 80% of homicides committed with a firearm, according to the most recent police statistics. African-Americans make up 85% of the victims

"Statistics suggest that as a young, black man, you have a greater chance of being shot and killed in Philadelphia than you would have if you were a soldier serving in the conflicts in Afghanistan or Iraq," Charles said. "That's absurd to me."

Despite the daily gun violence plaguing American cities like Philadelphia, Chicago or New Orleans, it's the mass shootings at a school or a theater or a public event -- like the tragedies in Newtown, Aurora and Tucson -- that trigger outrage and a serious, nationwide discussion on gun violence.

Daily, inner-city gun violence has become "white noise," said Chuck Williams, founding director of Center for the Prevention of School-Aged Violence at Drexel University.

"At this point it's like, 'Oh, another six people got shot and killed over a week in a poor black community. Business as usual,'" he said, shrugging his shoulders. "So America says, if the urban communities don't care enough about it, then why should we?"

Williams hopes that will change in the wake of the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

"If this (Newtown) is not enough for all of us to come together and say that something needs to be done, I don't know what is," he said. "Our kids are dying and they're leaving us way too soon, and we have the power to do something about that if we so choose."

Your thoughts on this comparative? Why is Newtown getting so much attention when such violence is commonplace in the inner cities?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:05:13 AM
Every single demographic has the exact same #1 cause of death - being an out of shape, lard-@ss who has a heart attack, save one.

Black males 18-34 have a slightly different #1 cause of death - murder.

Poverty, drugs and a looming threat of incarceration - Gotta hand it to the CIA. They came up with a winning formula on that one.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:08:02 AM
At 1/16/2013 9:05:13 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
Every single demographic has the exact same #1 cause of death - being an out of shape, lard-@ss who has a heart attack, save one.

Poverty, drugs and a looming threat of incarceration - Gotta hand it to the CIA. They came up with a winning formula on that one.

O_o
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 4:35:43 PM
At 1/16/2013 10:08:02 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

O_o

I thought it was total BS as well, until I found out it wasn't.

http://articles.latimes.com...

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 4:29:58 AM
At 1/16/2013 4:35:43 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

O_o

At the end, the article does state there was hyperbole in the "Dark Alliance" story.

With my limited knowledge on the subject, if the CIA was involved in introducing crack to America, I think it wasn't indirect and unintentional. It was more of an abused trust by the Contras, and the CIA either found out too late or turned a blind eye to it. This abused trust showed either the incompetence of the CIA or the lengths it would go to fight communism. A black eye either way, given the consequences, so they kept silent on the issue.
My work here is, finally, done.
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 5:32:39 AM
When a dude's getting bullied and shoots up his school,
Then they blame it on Marilyn, and the heroin
Where were the parents at?! And, look where it's at:
Middle America, now it's a tragedy, now it's so sad to see
In upperclass cities having this happening
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 5:49:08 AM
At 1/17/2013 4:29:58 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

At the end, the article does state there was hyperbole in the "Dark Alliance" story.

With my limited knowledge on the subject, if the CIA was involved in introducing crack to America, I think it wasn't indirect and unintentional. It was more of an abused trust by the Contras, and the CIA either found out too late or turned a blind eye to it. This abused trust showed either the incompetence of the CIA or the lengths it would go to fight communism. A black eye either way, given the consequences, so they kept silent on the issue.

Frank: What's wrong, Reggie?
Reggie: Oh, nothing. All the money for this op is almost gone and when it is, I gotta go back to that little field office in Peora, and you'll be off in Moscow on your next assignment and I'll never know the soft warmth of your gentle touch ever again.
Frank: Are you gonna miss me, Reggie?
Reggie: F*ck you, Frank. I'm not joking this time.
Frank: Alright, alright, what would you say if I told you I found a way to pay for us to stay here, as well as get back at your brother in L.A. for what he did to you?
Reggie: I'd say pull up the covers and pull down your pants because my mouth is about to have a Grand Re-Opening.

Or, so I imagine that's what happened.

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 11:59:56 AM
At 1/17/2013 4:29:58 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 1/16/2013 4:35:43 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

O_o

Abused trust by the contras?

The CIA directly funneled the coke to LA as part of a deal with the Nicuaraguans.

The fact that it hurt black people was not an intended side effect. It may not have been unwelcome, but it certainly wasn't the purpose.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 12:33:33 PM
At 1/17/2013 11:59:56 AM, Wnope wrote:

The CIA directly funneled the coke to LA as part of a deal with the Nicuaraguans.

The fact that it hurt black people was not an intended side effect. It may not have been unwelcome, but it certainly wasn't the purpose.

Coke is the one illicit drug that kills at a greater rate each year than aspirin, so I tend to avoid it, so if I have no idea what I'm talking about here, let me know, but given the price point, it seems like crack was developed specifically for the brothas.

That may have just been a way to get through existing cocaine inventory, but it seems deliberate.

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 1:41:54 PM
At 1/17/2013 12:33:33 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

Coke is the one illicit drug that kills at a greater rate each year than aspirin, so I tend to avoid it, so if I have no idea what I'm talking about here, let me know, but given the price point, it seems like crack was developed specifically for the brothas.

That may have just been a way to get through existing cocaine inventory, but it seems deliberate.

Very interesting. You would think there would be better, cleaner ways of funneling/laundering money than to support drug dealers. I would imagine that outright bribery and just giving them millions of $$$ via some slush fund would have advanced their cause in a cleaner fashion.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 1:50:00 PM
At 1/17/2013 1:41:54 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Very interesting. You would think there would be better, cleaner ways of funneling/laundering money than to support drug dealers. I would imagine that outright bribery and just giving them millions of $$$ via some slush fund would have advanced their cause in a cleaner fashion.

That doesn't generate $$$ for a covert war in Nicaragua.

That was priority #1 (see Frank/Reggie above...a little fun with the idea as to why the war was extended). Destroying an entire generation of black folks was just a pleasant side effect (from the CIA's perspective).

I figure they bought a ton of it and had to figure out a way to quickly get rid of it all. Enter crack.

The kids were doing this with heroin a while back..they mixed a small amount with a Tylenol PM and tossed it in a capsule and sold it for $5 each.

If you can get a dose down to the $5 or $10 price point, you can unload a lot of sh!t, whatever it is.

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 5:26:34 PM
At 1/17/2013 1:50:00 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/17/2013 1:41:54 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

That doesn't generate $$$ for a covert war in Nicaragua.

That was priority #1 (see Frank/Reggie above...a little fun with the idea as to why the war was extended). Destroying an entire generation of black folks was just a pleasant side effect (from the CIA's perspective).

I figure they bought a ton of it and had to figure out a way to quickly get rid of it all. Enter crack.

The kids were doing this with heroin a while back..they mixed a small amount with a Tylenol PM and tossed it in a capsule and sold it for $5 each.

If you can get a dose down to the $5 or $10 price point, you can unload a lot of sh!t, whatever it is.

I'm with Khaos_Mage in that I have extremely limited knowledge of the Iran-Contra scandals.

All I will say again is that no matter how much illicit money they funneled to Nicaragua, they did not need to have disposed of the coke by dumping it into America's inner cities. They could have shoved it under a BLACKBRIAR type covert-ops program and just asked for more money from the DoD or wherever/however they get their cash. That would have been more legitimate than the route suggested by the dark alliance article.

Yep, very limited knowledge...:)
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 6:19:19 PM
I don't know why they didn't do it with their $5,000 toilet seat leftover money. The CIA does like to do wide-scale experiments with drugs as when they postulated that they could use LSD as an interrogation and mind-control agent.

Maybe they were looking into dumping crack into the inner cities of the USSR as a way to bring about the fall of communism, but ended up not needing to use it since the attempted coup d'etat by the communist hardliners sped up Gorbachev's Glastnost schedule.

How the hell should I know? (they tend to be kinda secretive...) Ask Ollie North I hear he's got a radio talk show.

These are the same people who tried make a sonic weapon that would make people sh!t themselves. I don't put anything past them.

Little did they know Eddie already found The Brown Sound.

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 11:16:42 AM
http://www.cnn.com...

Girl grows up in Chicago, honors student, band member, attends Obama's inauguration, shot dead a week later.
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 5:56:25 PM
At 1/31/2013 11:16:42 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
Girl grows up in Chicago, honors student, band member, attends Obama's inauguration, shot dead a week later.

I can tell you're a sensitive dude.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2013 9:20:43 PM
At 2/2/2013 5:56:25 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
At 1/31/2013 11:16:42 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

I can tell you're a sensitive dude.

?

I read the news, remember that I made a thread relevant to this, and post it here for discussion. If that makes me sensitive, sure, ok.