Fast Food is Healthy Compared to This

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:06:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.cnn.com...

Eating out tonight? Maybe you want to order some meals that pack enough calories...for the week. These dishes all look great, but man, some pack more calories than than family-sized meals at the local grocer:

The Cheesecake Factory's bistro shrimp pasta has more calories than any other entree on the restaurant's menu. It totals 3,120 calories, 89 grams of saturated fat and 1,090 milligrams of sodium, according to the Center for Science in the Public Interest.

The chocolate zuccotto cake at Maggiano's Little Italy weighs a little bit less than a pound. It has 1,820 calories, 62 grams of fat and 26 teaspoons of added sugar. You might as well eat 15 Hostess Ho Hos, CSPI says.

Where to start? The Johnny Rockets bacon cheddar double burger is 1,770 calories with its white bun, two beef patties, four cheese slices, four strips of bacon and a sauce. As a comparison, three McDonald's Quarter Pounders with cheese have 1,570 calories. Add Johnny Rockets' sweet potato fries for 590 calories and a Big Apple shake for a total calorie count of 3,500, with 88 grams of saturated fat and 15 teaspoons of added sugar.

Uno Chicago Grill's deep dish macaroni and three cheese has 1,980 calories, 71 grams of saturated fat and 3,110 milligrams of sodium. CSPI compares it to eating a family-size container of Stouffer's macaroni and cheese with half a stick of melted butter on top.

So, how about a nice, healthy Big Mac, or Quarter Pounder with Cheese? Or both?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:57:21 AM
That's gross. When I eat out I never have the entire meal in one sitting. I take the rest home and typically have enough to eat it twice more and share with my sister.

89 grams of saturated fat though? x___x

I feel like these numbers can't be correct.
yang.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:06:10 AM
At 1/16/2013 9:57:21 AM, tulle wrote:
That's gross. When I eat out I never have the entire meal in one sitting. I take the rest home and typically have enough to eat it twice more and share with my sister.

89 grams of saturated fat though? x___x

I feel like these numbers can't be correct.

I did a search for "cheesecake factory shrimp pasta". Men's Health on the same dish:

http://eatthis.menshealth.com...

The Cheesecake Factory has earned the title of America's Worst Restaurant for the 4th year running. No establishment better represents the confluence of factors that have saddled America with an ever-worsening obesity crisis. First, portion sizes are large enough to feed an NFL offensive line. Second, the use of cheap sources of flavor"oils, butter, cream, salt, and sugar"knows no limit. Finally, the percentage of dishes fit for consumption is absurdly small (we count 8 on a menu of more than 200 dishes). Amidst the carnage, one dish sinks below all the rest: the Bistro Shrimp Pasta. Tangled up in these noodles are more calories than you'd consume if you ate three sticks of butter for dinner.

2,730 calories
N/A g fat (78 g saturated fat)
919 mg sodium

They're a bit less generous with the numbers...still, notice they didn't even dare mention the grams of fat, only the grams of saturated fat. 3 stick of butter? If you melted that and mixed it into something, it wouldn't look like that much of an offense...not that it should comfort you in any way.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?