Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Bill Gates

malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 3:19:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Bill Gates is as arrogant as he is lovestruck with Melinda.

Love the sentiment, but I know where it comes from (and, it ain't tightwad, doesn't know how to tip 15% when I am keeping everyone away from his table so he can enjoy his little game of footsies and trivial pursuit cards when I'm a college kid trying to make it and he's the richest man in the world, Bill Gates).

Here's where Gates will fail, and do so miserably.

When AIDS prevention is being repeated every day and billboards with condom ads/reminders are posted in countries with high incidents of AIDS (basically, it becomes progressively worse as you move south and west through the African continent, with the exception of South Africa), condom use rises and the incidents of new AIDS infections goes down.

And then, when the money for these programs runs out, it's like they never happened as condom use falls to pre-education campaign levels and incidents of new HIV infections returns to its previous levels.

The founder of Doctors Without Borders is now encouraging people to NOT donate to his former charity because he believes that by keeping these people alive that it does more harm to them, in terms of suffering than allowing them to die.

Africa is f*cked and Bill is using it to try to continue to have Melinda blow him occasionally.

A folly and a fool's errand (though, with that kind of money, I'd probably try and fail at the same task, so whatever).
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 3:28:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/20/2013 10:02:37 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
...is the f*cking man.

http://www.ted.com...

The truth.

Why? What is your point?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 4:27:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think this was awsome.

Great link. Thanx.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 4:30:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/21/2013 4:27:06 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
I think this was awesome.

Great link. Thanx.

I just wrote extensively about this type of stuff, restoring faith & hope in humanity, altruism etc.

Maybe this will be more appreciated here:
http://www.debate.org...
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:35:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/21/2013 3:19:11 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
Bill Gates is as arrogant as he is lovestruck with Melinda.

Love the sentiment, but I know where it comes from (and, it ain't tightwad, doesn't know how to tip 15% when I am keeping everyone away from his table so he can enjoy his little game of footsies and trivial pursuit cards when I'm a college kid trying to make it and he's the richest man in the world, Bill Gates).

Here's where Gates will fail, and do so miserably.

When AIDS prevention is being repeated every day and billboards with condom ads/reminders are posted in countries with high incidents of AIDS (basically, it becomes progressively worse as you move south and west through the African continent, with the exception of South Africa), condom use rises and the incidents of new AIDS infections goes down.

And then, when the money for these programs runs out, it's like they never happened as condom use falls to pre-education campaign levels and incidents of new HIV infections returns to its previous levels.

The founder of Doctors Without Borders is now encouraging people to NOT donate to his former charity because he believes that by keeping these people alive that it does more harm to them, in terms of suffering than allowing them to die.

Africa is f*cked and Bill is using it to try to continue to have Melinda blow him occasionally.

A folly and a fool's errand (though, with that kind of money, I'd probably try and fail at the same task, so whatever).

Wtf?

First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with HIV, nor any volitionally (sexually) transmitted disease. It has to do secondarily with malaria, and primarily with education.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with any specific venture by Bill Gates, and instead, truths and he's sharing based on his personal knowledge and experience.

Do you have any contention with what was actually stated in the talk?
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:36:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/21/2013 3:28:46 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 1/20/2013 10:02:37 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
...is the f*cking man.

http://www.ted.com...

The truth.

Why? What is your point?

Watch the Ted Talk.

It's worth it.
Franz_Reynard
Posts: 1,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 7:36:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/21/2013 4:30:38 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 1/21/2013 4:27:06 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
I think this was awesome.

Great link. Thanx.

I just wrote extensively about this type of stuff, restoring faith & hope in humanity, altruism etc.

Maybe this will be more appreciated here:
http://www.debate.org...

^_^
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 8:21:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/21/2013 7:35:49 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 1/21/2013 3:19:11 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
Bill Gates is as arrogant as he is lovestruck with Melinda.

Love the sentiment, but I know where it comes from (and, it ain't tightwad, doesn't know how to tip 15% when I am keeping everyone away from his table so he can enjoy his little game of footsies and trivial pursuit cards when I'm a college kid trying to make it and he's the richest man in the world, Bill Gates).

Here's where Gates will fail, and do so miserably.

When AIDS prevention is being repeated every day and billboards with condom ads/reminders are posted in countries with high incidents of AIDS (basically, it becomes progressively worse as you move south and west through the African continent, with the exception of South Africa), condom use rises and the incidents of new AIDS infections goes down.

And then, when the money for these programs runs out, it's like they never happened as condom use falls to pre-education campaign levels and incidents of new HIV infections returns to its previous levels.

The founder of Doctors Without Borders is now encouraging people to NOT donate to his former charity because he believes that by keeping these people alive that it does more harm to them, in terms of suffering than allowing them to die.

Africa is f*cked and Bill is using it to try to continue to have Melinda blow him occasionally.

A folly and a fool's errand (though, with that kind of money, I'd probably try and fail at the same task, so whatever).

Wtf?

First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with HIV, nor any volitionally (sexually) transmitted disease. It has to do secondarily with malaria, and primarily with education.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with any specific venture by Bill Gates, and instead, truths and he's sharing based on his personal knowledge and experience.

Do you have any contention with what was actually stated in the talk?

Malaria doesn't matter when compared to the continental AIDS Pandemic, and the AIDS education failure is indicative of the idea of widespread disease education on a continent devoid of infrastructure, or the distribution of nets (potable water is a way bigger issue). It's a pipe dream (crack pipe dream).

I have no issue with charter schools as long as they are highly monitored for a maintenance of scholastic standards.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 9:38:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/21/2013 8:21:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/21/2013 7:35:49 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 1/21/2013 3:19:11 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
Bill Gates is as arrogant as he is lovestruck with Melinda.

Love the sentiment, but I know where it comes from (and, it ain't tightwad, doesn't know how to tip 15% when I am keeping everyone away from his table so he can enjoy his little game of footsies and trivial pursuit cards when I'm a college kid trying to make it and he's the richest man in the world, Bill Gates).

Here's where Gates will fail, and do so miserably.

When AIDS prevention is being repeated every day and billboards with condom ads/reminders are posted in countries with high incidents of AIDS (basically, it becomes progressively worse as you move south and west through the African continent, with the exception of South Africa), condom use rises and the incidents of new AIDS infections goes down.

And then, when the money for these programs runs out, it's like they never happened as condom use falls to pre-education campaign levels and incidents of new HIV infections returns to its previous levels.

The founder of Doctors Without Borders is now encouraging people to NOT donate to his former charity because he believes that by keeping these people alive that it does more harm to them, in terms of suffering than allowing them to die.

Africa is f*cked and Bill is using it to try to continue to have Melinda blow him occasionally.

A folly and a fool's errand (though, with that kind of money, I'd probably try and fail at the same task, so whatever).

Wtf?

First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with HIV, nor any volitionally (sexually) transmitted disease. It has to do secondarily with malaria, and primarily with education.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with any specific venture by Bill Gates, and instead, truths and he's sharing based on his personal knowledge and experience.

Do you have any contention with what was actually stated in the talk?

Malaria doesn't matter when compared to the continental AIDS Pandemic, and the AIDS education failure is indicative of the idea of widespread disease education on a continent devoid of infrastructure, or the distribution of nets (potable water is a way bigger issue). It's a pipe dream (crack pipe dream).

I have no issue with charter schools as long as they are highly monitored for a maintenance of scholastic standards.

Well your right in that AIDS kills about three times as many people per year as Malaria does BUT Malaria infection does not arise from a personal choice like having sex or taking drugs does it?

Alcohol kills quite a lot more people per year than HIV yet you made no mention of this.

Harry.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 6:01:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 9:38:51 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Well your right in that AIDS kills about three times as many people per year as Malaria does BUT Malaria infection does not arise from a personal choice like having sex or taking drugs does it?

Alcohol kills quite a lot more people per year than HIV yet you made no mention of this.

Harry.

Is breathing a choice? On a continent where AIDS is dropping the effective maximum working age down to 40yo, if they don't have sex, and a lot of it, they will die out.

The choice is the destruction of the culture through non-proliferation, or disease because of proliferation.

Yes...blame it on the people. Now tell me that the water issue is because they are too lazy to walk the 20 miles each day to get it.

Go ahead. Make my day.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 6:17:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Bill Gates is far from awesome, he's a murdering eugenecist.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:56:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 6:01:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:38:51 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Well your right in that AIDS kills about three times as many people per year as Malaria does BUT Malaria infection does not arise from a personal choice like having sex or taking drugs does it?

Alcohol kills quite a lot more people per year than HIV yet you made no mention of this.

Harry.

Is breathing a choice? On a continent where AIDS is dropping the effective maximum working age down to 40yo, if they don't have sex, and a lot of it, they will die out.

The choice is the destruction of the culture through non-proliferation, or disease because of proliferation.

Yes...blame it on the people. Now tell me that the water issue is because they are too lazy to walk the 20 miles each day to get it.

Go ahead. Make my day.

I did not blame it on anyone - I did attribute the spread of the virus - HIV - to sex and injecting drugs - which is a true statement is it not?

I then asked why you think AIDS should receive more focus than - say - alcohol abuse, then the latter causes more deaths than AIDS.

You have failed to address either of these points, if you have then I can't see that from what you've posted.

Harry.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 9:04:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 8:56:30 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/22/2013 6:01:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:38:51 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Well your right in that AIDS kills about three times as many people per year as Malaria does BUT Malaria infection does not arise from a personal choice like having sex or taking drugs does it?

Alcohol kills quite a lot more people per year than HIV yet you made no mention of this.

Harry.

Is breathing a choice? On a continent where AIDS is dropping the effective maximum working age down to 40yo, if they don't have sex, and a lot of it, they will die out.

The choice is the destruction of the culture through non-proliferation, or disease because of proliferation.

Yes...blame it on the people. Now tell me that the water issue is because they are too lazy to walk the 20 miles each day to get it.

Go ahead. Make my day.

I did not blame it on anyone - I did attribute the spread of the virus - HIV - to sex and injecting drugs - which is a true statement is it not?

I then asked why you think AIDS should receive more focus than - say - alcohol abuse, then the latter causes more deaths than AIDS.

You have failed to address either of these points, if you have then I can't see that from what you've posted.

Harry.

You gotta learn to read better. AIDS is killing them. They HAVE TO HAVE SEX to repopulate their quickly dying numbers. That spreads AIDS. AIDS is killing them. AIDS is causing them to have to reproduce more. That spreads AIDS.

Do I really have to write this out a thousand more times to see the loop they're stuck in and how they cannot truly focus on anything more frivolous, and also not anything more substantive, until they are taken out of the loop?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 9:07:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 6:17:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Bill Gates is far from awesome, he's a murdering eugenecist.
Tell your audience why that is so!
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,589
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:15:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/23/2013 9:04:58 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/23/2013 8:56:30 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 1/22/2013 6:01:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:38:51 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Well your right in that AIDS kills about three times as many people per year as Malaria does BUT Malaria infection does not arise from a personal choice like having sex or taking drugs does it?

Alcohol kills quite a lot more people per year than HIV yet you made no mention of this.

Harry.

Is breathing a choice? On a continent where AIDS is dropping the effective maximum working age down to 40yo, if they don't have sex, and a lot of it, they will die out.

The choice is the destruction of the culture through non-proliferation, or disease because of proliferation.

Yes...blame it on the people. Now tell me that the water issue is because they are too lazy to walk the 20 miles each day to get it.

Go ahead. Make my day.

I did not blame it on anyone - I did attribute the spread of the virus - HIV - to sex and injecting drugs - which is a true statement is it not?

I then asked why you think AIDS should receive more focus than - say - alcohol abuse, then the latter causes more deaths than AIDS.

You have failed to address either of these points, if you have then I can't see that from what you've posted.

Harry.

You gotta learn to read better. AIDS is killing them. They HAVE TO HAVE SEX to repopulate their quickly dying numbers.

Excuse me? they "have" to have sex? you mean they have no control of their sexual drive? I disagree of course. I would be skeptical if most people pursue sex for procreation, I cant see a person lying in bed at night thinking "Man, I just gotta f**k someone else our race will die out" - that's just a bit of a leap for me.

That spreads AIDS. AIDS is killing them. AIDS is causing them to have to reproduce more. That spreads AIDS.

So if they are driven to have sex because of population decline and that activity is furthering that population decline then surely they are better off NOT having sex - if preservation of the race is the motive? Clearly the motive if - unsurprisingly - pleasure.

Do I really have to write this out a thousand more times to see the loop they're stuck in and how they cannot truly focus on anything more frivolous, and also not anything more substantive, until they are taken out of the loop?

I think your argument is weak at best - that's all I'm saying here.

Harry.