Jump to topic:

Is this woman a racist?

Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2013 11:07:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not in my view - she is one of the many who must endure - daily - the dramatic decline in quality of life and availability of services induced by mass immigration from the the EU.

She is the tip of an iceberg, people who are marginalized, have no one to take action and are often cruelly labelled as "racist" by armchair lefties who have never experiencied this kind of thing.

What's your view:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Harry.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 6:32:11 AM
Do white people still hold a majority in The UK, despite how her reaction might lead you to believe otherwise?

Is she white?

If the answers to both of those questions is yes, then by definition, she is a racist.

Everyone discriminates, and when discrimination is performed by the dominant ethnic group, that's racism.

It doesn't appear as if her racism is causing her to be hateful, though, even if she is having what I have to believe is a bit of an overreaction.

Then again, this is England. Y'all don't tend to have a reaction when grandpa uses the figgie pudding as lube to roger the Christmas goose, so if this lady reached her breaking point, perhaps there are some issues. Just be happy, in addition to all of this, that you remained on the Pound, eh?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:28:58 AM
At 1/23/2013 6:32:11 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
Do white people still hold a majority in The UK, despite how her reaction might lead you to believe otherwise?

Is she white?

If the answers to both of those questions is yes, then by definition, she is a racist.

Everyone discriminates, and when discrimination is performed by the dominant ethnic group, that's racism.

I see - so in your world minorities can discriminate freely and that's moral but the majority cannot - that's a new defintion and perhaps one you just made up?

Now if a government imposes an influx of people from overseas - who have a different culture - upon a town and that influx leads to a loss of certain valued traditions and qualities of life in that town - why is one a racist for objecting to this?

It doesn't appear as if her racism is causing her to be hateful, though, even if she is having what I have to believe is a bit of an overreaction.

What did she say that you interpret as an overreaction exactly?

Then again, this is England. Y'all don't tend to have a reaction when grandpa uses the figgie pudding as lube to roger the Christmas goose, so if this lady reached her breaking point, perhaps there are some issues. Just be happy, in addition to all of this, that you remained on the Pound, eh?

I've never heard of any practice of grandfathers having intercourse with geese in the UK - so that part is a bit unclear to me, besides characterizing the English like that does itself seem a tad racist. (There was of course the case of people filming themselves having sex with horses over in Washington State, perhaps you were thinking of that when you wrote?)

http://en.wikipedia.org...

So she is not racist to object when her quaity of life is caused to drop - if one's quality of life falls due to economic issues then one can complain, if one's quality of life falls due to environmental issues or pollution then one can complain, if one's quality of life falls due to a rise in crime then one can complain - likewise if one's quality if life falls due to a mass influxe of people then one can complain.

This is how I see things anyway.

Harry.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 9:07:53 AM
At 1/23/2013 8:28:58 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Is she white?

I see - so in your world minorities can discriminate freely and that's moral but the majority cannot - that's a new defintion and perhaps one you just made up?

No. In my world, minorities don't have power over the majority, so their prejudice isn't racism. It doesn't mean that it can't make them just as hateful and stupid as the nastiest, most hateful member of the majority ethnic group.

It also doesn't make them better. It just makes the definition of racism the definition of racism.

Now if a government imposes an influx of people from overseas - who have a different culture - upon a town and that influx leads to a loss of certain valued traditions and qualities of life in that town - why is one a racist for objecting to this?

I've never heard of any practice of grandfathers having intercourse with geese in the UK - so that part is a bit unclear to me, besides characterizing the English like that does itself seem a tad racist. (There was of course the case of people filming themselves having sex with horses over in Washington State, perhaps you were thinking of that when you wrote?)

So she is not racist to object when her quaity of life is caused to drop - if one's quality of life falls due to economic issues then one can complain, if one's quality of life falls due to environmental issues or pollution then one can complain, if one's quality of life falls due to a rise in crime then one can complain - likewise if one's quality if life falls due to a mass influxe of people then one can complain.

Harry.

I'm gonna explain that hole deal up there for you, since you are so devoid of any sense of humor.

At FIRST it seemed like an overreaction and then I remembered that the British are typically reserved and even an hysterical Brit, as one might get after the fictitious grandpa scene I laid out, is usually calmer than a Yank.

So, my next thought, given that she was screaming like an American on Jerry Springer, was maybe it really was that bad. So, I ended with "hey, could be worse - you could be tied to the Euro).

Thank you for destroying any potential future fun for me in this thread.

Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:28:43 AM
At 1/23/2013 9:07:53 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 1/23/2013 8:28:58 AM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Is she white?

No. In my world, minorities don't have power over the majority, so their prejudice isn't racism. It doesn't mean that it can't make them just as hateful and stupid as the nastiest, most hateful member of the majority ethnic group.

It also doesn't make them better. It just makes the definition of racism the definition of racism.

Harry.

I'm gonna explain that hole deal up there for you, since you are so devoid of any sense of humor.

At FIRST it seemed like an overreaction and then I remembered that the British are typically reserved and even an hysterical Brit, as one might get after the fictitious grandpa scene I laid out, is usually calmer than a Yank.

So, my next thought, given that she was screaming like an American on Jerry Springer, was maybe it really was that bad. So, I ended with "hey, could be worse - you could be tied to the Euro).

Thank you for destroying any potential future fun for me in this thread.

Thanks for clarifying and apologies if I conveyed being a miserable old sour puss.

I'm actually from Liverpool UK - raised there in the 60s and 70s and emigrated (legally that is !) to the USA a decade ago.

You won't have a funnier evening that hanging out in a Liverpool pub - we are inherently humorous - maybe I was being a misery guts - sorry for that !

Harry
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:44:31 AM
Cheers, mate.

Never been to Beatles-town, but spent some time in London, Newcastle (gotta think that's like Liverpool, except you have a chance of understanding someone from Liverpool. Newcastle...not so much), and then a couple weeks at the Royal and Ancient (when William was attending school there...the screaming girls were quite Beatles-esque, speaking of your little burgh).

Don't take anything I say here too seriously. I like to toss insults. I mean very few of them outside how pleased I am with myself when I throw together a clever word coupling.

Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:46:13 AM
At 1/23/2013 10:44:31 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Don't take anything I say here too seriously. I like to toss insults. I mean very few of them outside how pleased I am with myself when I throw together a clever word coupling.

Ha! I can totally appreciate that. :) I can be quite the same way...
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 11:12:35 AM
At 1/23/2013 10:44:31 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
Cheers, mate.

Never been to Beatles-town, but spent some time in London, Newcastle (gotta think that's like Liverpool, except you have a chance of understanding someone from Liverpool. Newcastle...not so much), and then a couple weeks at the Royal and Ancient (when William was attending school there...the screaming girls were quite Beatles-esque, speaking of your little burgh).

Beatles he! great stuff, really.

My Mother was a cabaret singer in the 60s in Liverpool - a lot of young women were - music was crazy back then. Anyway the Beatles backed her once in France at a US air base - before or just after they returned from Hamburg, there may even be a web reference to this - I will look for it you want...

Back then the Beatles were "just another" Liverpool rock & roll band, and as well known locally as many of the popular musicians.

They were first "managed" by Alan Williams, someone my Mother knew very well - as he owned several night clubs and had several bands on the go back then, Epstein eventually took them from Willaims and the rest is history.

I also became well aquantied with Alan and his son/daughter and recall attending his regular Christmas Night parties in the late 70s and early 80s until I left the city, he has a great old Edwardian mansion (quite an amazing old house) in Liverpool and some of the characters that would turn up were amazing; musicians, poets, artists, actors, professors, plumbers, all sorts - a whole host of eccentrics - great memories.

My wife and I were in Liverpool a few years ago visiting and I said "Let me take you to the 'Grapes' in Mathew Street, the Beatles often drank there in the old days and you know that guy Alan I sometimes talk about? well he sometimes stops in for a pint but probably not these days as he's aged quite a bit".

Well - you guessed it - we walked in and there is Alan and three other old Liverpudlians in their 60s, telling jokes/stories - naturally we joined them and cleared our diary for the rest of the day!

Alan is still with us but getting on - still a fun guy to have a few beers with - and my Mother is too, she lives in Portugal now and has some great stories about the Beatles as everyone socialized together back then - late 50s, early 60s - she always said that "George was always the strangest, the one whose personality was the most different" she means this in a kind way.

My wife (and I) are more Lennon fans and I was pretty devastateds when he was shot, I was 20 at the time and right in the thick of my friendship with Alan - he often held Beatles Conventions and I would help out.

Attached is a great mini "documentary" that a visitor from the US made - driving around Liverpool with Alan - great guy with so many funny stories.

Harry.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 11:34:29 AM
George Martin was the only reason why the Beatles endured as long as they did and why they are remembered for being as special as they were. Without him, they wouldn't have been as big as Herman's Hermits...well, certainly not as big as the Stones.

George was a genius.