Jump to topic:

Zombie Apocalypse Debate, anyone?

UltimateSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 12:52:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey, is anyone interested in doing a zombie apocalypse debate? I'll take the side of the people, I need someone to take the side of the zombies! You can pick any movie you'd like and represent those zombies, and I'll just take the the side of us humans. The battle is to take place in the USA.

The reason I've posted this as a forum topic is so that I can structure the debate with someone before we enter it and get all possible misunderstandings out of the way!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 5:20:05 PM
At 1/29/2013 12:52:08 PM, UltimateSkeptic wrote:
Hey, is anyone interested in doing a zombie apocalypse debate? I'll take the side of the people, I need someone to take the side of the zombies! You can pick any movie you'd like and represent those zombies, and I'll just take the the side of us humans. The battle is to take place in the USA.

The reason I've posted this as a forum topic is so that I can structure the debate with someone before we enter it and get all possible misunderstandings out of the way!

Would "28 weeks later" be an acceptable movie to use?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 5:32:41 PM

What terms are you proposing? Zombocalypses are serious business!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
UltimateSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 6:32:57 PM
At 1/29/2013 5:20:05 PM, imabench wrote:

Would "28 weeks later" be an acceptable movie to use?

Yes, that's fine. (But holy hell that'd be terrifying in real life, wouldn't it?!)
UltimateSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 6:34:08 PM
At 1/29/2013 5:32:41 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I was hoping my opponent and I could create them together, lol. This is my first debate of the sort, and didn't want to be cheated on some kind of technicality or semantic argument!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 6:42:44 PM
At 1/29/2013 6:34:08 PM, UltimateSkeptic wrote:

I was hoping my opponent and I could create them together, lol. This is my first debate of the sort, and didn't want to be cheated on some kind of technicality or semantic argument!

Right, but are you proposing: A debate about the survival of a certain group, or the survival of humanity as a species, or some other premise?
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
UltimateSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:07:50 PM
At 1/29/2013 6:42:44 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 1/29/2013 6:34:08 PM, UltimateSkeptic wrote:

Right, but are you proposing: A debate about the survival of a certain group, or the survival of humanity as a species, or some other premise?

The human species, overcoming the zombie infestation. Beating it off. (Not the bad way)
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:26:41 PM
I select the Dawn of the Dead remake as my zombie canon of choice and I accept.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...