Jump to topic:

The Modern Threadmaker

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:12:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
*Disclaimer: If you don't think this applies to you, then it doesn't. I'm just making casual generalizations about the way many threadmakers in modern times seem to behave.

I think they have it easy on DDO - at least in the last few years. They can get away with just about everything. They don't have to write a good OP, because they strongly believe that the other posters can discuss the topic without direction ... they can be lazy, because they can easily claim that the OP only applies to some people, making it seem less offensive and stupid than it really is. They don't need education because again, they're not going to write a good OP. They still feel entitled to not only posts in their thread, but special treatment in general. Now, in the past, the big trade-off was that they were called idiots. However, the modern threadmaker, exploiting the bloody work of older members who were harassed, can cry "personal attack" at the slightest hint of disrespect or role circumscription. In addition, the rise of new members and news stories obviates their thread-making obligations.

So, having everything taken care for him/her, the modern DDO member can make threads as void of substance and intelligence as they wish.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:13:03 PM
I'm sorry, that was mean.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:33:12 PM
This is not to be interpreted as whining, because frankly I am enjoying this, but I can't help but think that if anyone else posted that thread, the reaction would not have been nearly as intolerant. People have posted far more disagreeable things before and not caused any thing of this sort.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:37:00 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:33:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
This is not to be interpreted as whining, because frankly I am enjoying this, but I can't help but think that if anyone else posted that thread, the reaction would not have been nearly as intolerant. People have posted far more disagreeable things before and not caused any thing of this sort.

You're right. It does depend on who it was. Many people could have posted it and I wouldn't have batted an eye.

I responded because I expect more from you :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.