Jump to topic:

Homosexuality I don't get it....

johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:49:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is so much noise made about how homosexuals should be respected in society....Fine....I don't respect them per se but I respect the fact they have a right to choose....But personally the thought of two men having sex, fully and wholly repulses me to the pit of my stomach and do not entertain any such thoughts..

My point here is, me as an individual can pass through life knowing that other men have homosexual tendencies and wish to indulge in sex acts with each other.... But I should not have to respect it...I can respect a persons natural sexual inclinations, but I do not have to respect the acts themselves...I am wholly repulsed by such things and that's just me, but I don't see anybody trying to sympathize with me. When my dislike for it is natural.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:58:55 PM
What do you think about the fact that interracial marriage used to disgust people?

The fact that you called homosexuality a choice is a problem, but you also said it's a natural inclination so I assume you misspoke.

The fact that you are disgusted by homosexual sexual acts is less of a big deal. But you should mind how that visceral reaction might affect your judgments of gay people in your daily life as well as your opinion of political policy regarding gay people.

People all across the world, gay or straight, are into different things sexually. For the wide array of sexual activities, I'm betting most people are entirely turned off by most of the ways they could potentially have sex. Given that, is it really justified to lose respect for someone just because they have sex in a way that doesn't personally interest you? I mean, by that reasoning, I'd have to lose respect for a lot of men who enjoy going down on women, or people who go to orgies, or prostitutes and people who pay them, or people who are into BDSM, various fetishes, etc.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 1:07:44 PM
At 4/2/2013 12:58:55 PM, Oryus wrote:
What do you think about the fact that interracial marriage used to disgust people?

The fact that you called homosexuality a choice is a problem, but you also said it's a natural inclination so I assume you misspoke.

The fact that you are disgusted by homosexual sexual acts is less of a big deal. But you should mind how that visceral reaction might affect your judgments of gay people in your daily life as well as your opinion of political policy regarding gay people.

People all across the world, gay or straight, are into different things sexually. For the wide array of sexual activities, I'm betting most people are entirely turned off by most of the ways they could potentially have sex. Given that, is it really justified to lose respect for someone just because they have sex in a way that doesn't personally interest you? I mean, by that reasoning, I'd have to lose respect for a lot of men who enjoy going down on women, or people who go to orgies, or prostitutes and people who pay them, or people who are into BDSM, various fetishes, etc.

Hey your right, I have mis-spoken, I find it difficult to put into words what I am trying to say....

So i'll try a different perspective. I have friends who are gay and would go out on a limb to help them if they were in trouble, even tho I already know they are gay, I still have compassion and time for people who are gay, but the acts themselves repulse me, and that's just me being honest......My point is why am I supposed to keep quiet about the way I feel but at the same time have to show respect for the way they feel. It's rather confusing, I know. But I am not saying I don't respect them as people and their right to do as they please consensually, I am just saying the acts themselves make me cringe.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 1:14:34 PM

Well I am Pro interracial dating as I am attracted to most or all races, But I am only attracted to the opposite sex......A persons colur is not healthy to discriminate against, But if you ask me about male homosexual acts I will openly say I have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever and it makes me cringe to think of it.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 1:21:49 PM
At 4/2/2013 1:07:44 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Hey your right, I have mis-spoken, I find it difficult to put into words what I am trying to say....

So i'll try a different perspective. I have friends who are gay and would go out on a limb to help them if they were in trouble, even tho I already know they are gay, I still have compassion and time for people who are gay, but the acts themselves repulse me, and that's just me being honest......My point is why am I supposed to keep quiet about the way I feel but at the same time have to show respect for the way they feel. It's rather confusing, I know. But I am not saying I don't respect them as people and their right to do as they please consensually, I am just saying the acts themselves make me cringe.

It's solely a matter of preference. As long as you do not judge people on their preferences, no one should judge you on your own.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 1:32:15 PM
There is so much noise made about how black people should be respected in society....Fine....I don't respect them per se but I respect the fact they have a right to choose....But personally the thought of two black people near me, fully and wholly repulses me to the pit of my stomach and do not entertain any such thoughts..

My point here is, me as an individual can pass through life knowing that other men are black and wish to indulge in this blackness with each other.... But I should not have to respect it...I can respect a persons natural colour (white), but I do not have to respect their actual colour...I am wholly repulsed by such things and that's just me, but I don't see anybody trying to sympathize with me. When my dislike for it is natural.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 1:45:02 PM
At 4/2/2013 1:32:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
There is so much noise made about how black people should be respected in society....Fine....I don't respect them per se but I respect the fact they have a right to choose....But personally the thought of two black people near me, fully and wholly repulses me to the pit of my stomach and do not entertain any such thoughts..

My point here is, me as an individual can pass through life knowing that other men are black and wish to indulge in this blackness with each other.... But I should not have to respect it...I can respect a persons natural colour (white), but I do not have to respect their actual colour...I am wholly repulsed by such things and that's just me, but I don't see anybody trying to sympathize with me. When my dislike for it is natural.

People do not indulge in blackness, that's such a pathetic analogy...... You have completely misunderstood my point....I am not against people being gay, What I am against is my right to speak out on how it repulses me naturally....as opposed to their right to be open about their feelings.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 3:54:28 PM
At 4/2/2013 1:07:44 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Yes, I understand what you mean. And knowing you have gay friends puts this in better perspective. I'd just try to stay conscious of how your repulsion toward the sexual acts themselves makes you feel toward the people who, presumably, engage in them.

I used to feel more repulsed by the thought of having sex with a woman. It doesn't repulse me like it once did, but it certainly isn't something I'm ever going to do haha

On the other hand, I'm sure many gay guys are often repulsed by the thought of having sex with a woman too XD
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 3:58:51 PM
You're free to consider homosexuality repulsive. It's not immoral to be repulsed by something, because it's out of the individual's control. Just so long as you don't try initiate force on another individual because of your beliefs, I'm fine with it.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 4:37:09 PM
I find the thought of fat people rolling all over each other nasty but I'm not going to lobby for laws discriminating against them because of it.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:18:11 PM
I find the thought of being attracted to a vagina to be disgusting. I don't see how that should affect any other aspect of my life. I find the idea of licking feet to be gross. That doesn't affect any other aspect of my life. I don't understand why homosexuality in particular seems to get under people's sins.

To get to the respect point: I don't want you to respect my sexual preference; what on earth does that mean? Am I supposed to respect someone's preference for uncircumcised penises? How does one go about doing so? I just want you to respect me on the basis of my character, and if you don't want to think about my sexual proclivities, then don't.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 7:29:58 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:18:11 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I find the thought of being attracted to a vagina to be disgusting. I don't see how that should affect any other aspect of my life. I find the idea of licking feet to be gross. That doesn't affect any other aspect of my life. I don't understand why homosexuality in particular seems to get under people's sins.

To get to the respect point: I don't want you to respect my sexual preference; what on earth does that mean? Am I supposed to respect someone's preference for uncircumcised penises? How does one go about doing so? I just want you to respect me on the basis of my character, and if you don't want to think about my sexual proclivities, then don't.

haha yeah, that's what I'm saying. You put it funnier though.
:
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 7:55:27 PM
At 4/2/2013 12:49:46 PM, johnlubba wrote:
There is so much noise made about how homosexuals should be respected in society....Fine....I don't respect them per se but I respect the fact they have a right to choose....But personally the thought of two men having sex, fully and wholly repulses me to the pit of my stomach and do not entertain any such thoughts..

My point here is, me as an individual can pass through life knowing that other men have homosexual tendencies and wish to indulge in sex acts with each other.... But I should not have to respect it...I can respect a persons natural sexual inclinations, but I do not have to respect the acts themselves...I am wholly repulsed by such things and that's just me, but I don't see anybody trying to sympathize with me. When my dislike for it is natural.

I get where you're coming from. I find the thought of two guys icky, but I don't make a big deal of it because it's none of my business. I don't care what they do with each other as long as I don't have to hear about it (and I deliberately avoid debating Gay Marriage for that reason).

The world is full of people preaching acceptance for "alternative lifestyles", and that's fine. There are people who don't approve of those lifestyles, and that's also fine. The problem is that both groups try to convert/condemn each other, instead of just agreeing to disagree like mature adults. Homosexuality is not such an important issue that life needs to be put on hold.

Two hot girls, on the other hand...
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 1:18:40 PM
Thanks for the kind responses here guys, I am not looking for trouble I am just saying it how it is.....

Side note: there are not pro fat people having sex marches and asking everybody to accept it as an ok thing.....Although it's ok if gay people keep what they do to themselves, it's not ok to ask me to be ok around it. I am not.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 4:15:28 PM
At 4/3/2013 1:18:40 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Thanks for the kind responses here guys, I am not looking for trouble I am just saying it how it is.....

Side note: there are not pro fat people having sex marches and asking everybody to accept it as an ok thing.....Although it's ok if gay people keep what they do to themselves, it's not ok to ask me to be ok around it. I am not.

haha I don't know that gay pride parades are specifically to advocate for gay sex. :P

I think it's mostly just about acceptance of who they are and who they love and creates a sense of solidarity among gay people and their allies in an environment that's fairly hostile toward and, no big surprise, ignorant of what they're about and why.
:
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 4:56:06 PM
At 4/2/2013 12:49:46 PM, johnlubba wrote:

The thought of straight people doing it... eewww.

My point here is, [I]* as an individual can pass through life knowing that other men have homosexual tendencies and wish to indulge in sex acts with each other.... But I should not have to respect it...I can respect a persons natural sexual inclinations, but I do not have to respect the acts themselves...I am wholly repulsed by such things and that's just me, but I don't see anybody trying to sympathize with me. When my dislike for it is natural.

*I'll just correct that for you.

No, you don't have to respect anything. Now, society may (and probably already does) judge you for your position, but you're as free to hold your view as society is to condemn you for it.

But, since we're airing grievances, here are a few of mine:

(1) Tea bagging Republicans (especially supporters of Rand Paul and Paul Ryan).
(2) Poor, generally uneducated white people.
(3) People who think they understand what they do not.
(4) The Saudi Arabian criminal justice system.
(5) Sh!tty olive oil.
(6) Stains on clothing.
(7) Slow drivers.
(8) Dell Computers.
(9) The State of Louisiana (except New Orleans -that's a fun city).

I could think of many more, but that's enough for now. Perhaps now we can move on to "feats of strength" since clearly, Festivus came early this year. The unadorned aluminum pole is still in storage though... didn't think I'd need it.