dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 6:36:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Megan Langrall
Police: Woman threw urine-soaked sweatshirt on cop
Megan Nicole Langrall was arrested for shoplifting in Shrewsbury Township, police said.
By TED CZECH
Daily Record/Sunday News
Updated: 11/16/2009 08:29:33 AM EST

A Codorus Township woman threw a sweatshirt soaked with urine, saliva and mucus in a state trooper's face after he arrested her for retail theft Saturday, according to state police.
Police arrested Megan Nicole Langrall, 24, at the Wal-Mart in Shrewsbury Township about 4 p.m. They then placed her in the backseat of a police cruiser to take her to state police's barracks in Loganville.

On the way to the barracks, Langrall urinated in the backseat of the cruiser, police said.

Troopers took Langrall inside the barracks and gave her an emergency blanket in which to wrap herself. They also told her that if she was wearing a shirt under her urine-soaked sweatshirt, she could take her sweatshirt off, police said.

When Cpl. William Tucker approached Langrall with several wipes to clean her hands, Langrall took off her sweatshirt -- which contained urine, saliva and mucus -- and threw it in Tucker's face, police said.

Police charged Langrall with retail theft, aggravated harassment by a prisoner, harassment, disorderly conduct, institutional vandalism and criminal mischief.

State police filed the charges before District Judge Walter P. Reamer.

http://ydr.inyork.com...

'Megan Langrall' on Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com...

Should young people give thought to the concepts of 'lady' and 'gentleman'?
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 7:01:38 AM
Why have you linked this woman's facebook profile?

If she's the one on the right then she looks pretty cute in that pic though and not like a typical urine tosser at all lol.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 7:04:21 AM
At 11/16/2009 6:36:26 AM, dogparktom wrote:
Megan Langrall
Police: Woman threw urine-soaked sweatshirt on cop
Megan Nicole Langrall was arrested for shoplifting in Shrewsbury Township, police said.
By TED CZECH
Daily Record/Sunday News
Updated: 11/16/2009 08:29:33 AM EST

A Codorus Township woman threw a sweatshirt soaked with urine, saliva and mucus in a state trooper's face after he arrested her for retail theft Saturday, according to state police.
Police arrested Megan Nicole Langrall, 24, at the Wal-Mart in Shrewsbury Township about 4 p.m. They then placed her in the backseat of a police cruiser to take her to state police's barracks in Loganville.

On the way to the barracks, Langrall urinated in the backseat of the cruiser, police said.

Troopers took Langrall inside the barracks and gave her an emergency blanket in which to wrap herself. They also told her that if she was wearing a shirt under her urine-soaked sweatshirt, she could take her sweatshirt off, police said.

When Cpl. William Tucker approached Langrall with several wipes to clean her hands, Langrall took off her sweatshirt -- which contained urine, saliva and mucus -- and threw it in Tucker's face, police said.

Police charged Langrall with retail theft, aggravated harassment by a prisoner, harassment, disorderly conduct, institutional vandalism and criminal mischief.

State police filed the charges before District Judge Walter P. Reamer.

http://ydr.inyork.com...

'Megan Langrall' on Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com...

Should young people give thought to the concepts of 'lady' and 'gentleman'?

What if Megan was Black?? would you then have the gall to say:
Should Black people give thought to the concepts of 'lady' and 'gentleman'?

I hope you see my point.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 10:29:41 AM
At 11/16/2009 7:01:38 AM, feverish wrote:
Why have you linked this woman's facebook profile?

If she's the one on the right then she looks pretty cute in that pic though and not like a typical urine tosser at all lol.

Today young people should be aware that employers regularly google prospective employee's names. Ms. Langrall's arrest for THEFT at WalMart is now a matter of public record. Employers will not want take a chance on her regardless of her pleas. Her voluntary misbehaviour has limited her chances for success in life. Why not discuss the probable behaviours of a 'lady.'
dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 10:44:03 AM
Mattrodstrom: What if Megan was Black?? would you then have the gall to say: Should Black people give thought to the concepts of 'lady' and 'gentleman'?
I hope you see my point.

My response is that there are really only two kinds of behaviour - civilized or barbaric. I would call Ms. Langrall's behaviour barbaric regardless of her ethnicity.

I wonder if Ms. Langrall would self-identify as a feminist? What do you think?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 11:54:59 AM
: At 11/16/2009 10:44:03 AM, dogparktom wrote:

My response is that there are really only two kinds of behaviour - civilized or barbaric. I would call Ms. Langrall's behaviour barbaric regardless of her ethnicity.

I would agree that her behavior seems ridiculous and barbaric. And yet I am a young person. Hmmm... maybe making generalizations off of one case is a rather innacurate way of observing reality.
For example:
-maybe she is bipolar
-Maybe the cops kept her in the backseat of the cruiser for hours on end, not allowing her to use the bathroom
-Maybe your generation also committed gross violations of civilty, but b\c the media wasn't as stupid as it is today, it just wasn't reported on

So, by your example, after reading a story of a grandfather raping his granddaughter, I ought to ask: "Why are old people so perverted and sick, and why can't they just respect human dignity instead of mutilating the minds of innocents for their own perverted pleasure."

Hmmm.... I don't know her, and I don't know all to much about the situation reported on, beyond the report. Furthermore I don't care how she identifies, and I think that such conjecture is ridiculous and stupid.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 2:26:31 PM
At 11/16/2009 11:54:59 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: At 11/16/2009 10:44:03 AM, dogparktom wrote:

I would agree that her behavior seems ridiculous and barbaric. And yet I am a young person. Hmmm... maybe making generalizations off of one case is a rather innacurate way of observing reality.
For example:
-maybe she is bipolar
-Maybe the cops kept her in the backseat of the cruiser for hours on end, not allowing her to use the bathroom
-Maybe your generation also committed gross violations of civilty, but b\c the media wasn't as stupid as it is today, it just wasn't reported on

So, by your example, after reading a story of a grandfather raping his granddaughter, I ought to ask: "Why are old people so perverted and sick, and why can't they just respect human dignity instead of mutilating the minds of innocents for their own perverted pleasure."

Hmmm.... I don't know her, and I don't know all to much about the situation reported on, beyond the report. Furthermore I don't care how she identifies, and I think that such conjecture is ridiculous and stupid.
"Hmmm.... I don't know her, and I don't know all to much about the situation reported on, beyond the report. Furthermore I don't care how she identifies, and I think that such conjecture is ridiculous and stupid."

You apparently don't have any curiosity regarding the possible causal relationship between an ideology (feminism) and public behaviour (Langrall's) when also compared to the concept of a 'lady' (a standard).
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2009 3:01:28 PM
You apparently don't have any curiosity regarding the possible causal relationship between an ideology (feminism) and public behaviour (Langrall's) when also compared to the concept of a 'lady' (a standard).

An unfounded assertion from what I can tell and even if you found an instance of the word feminism, you'd have to then ask, of what flavour. Seems more that you are grasping at straws because you hold some gripe about what you see feminism is.

As for the 'standard' of what a lady or gentleman is, also ambiguous, at best some broad form of social politeness and etiquette based around gender roles. It doesn't really serve much purpose as a standard itself - a male/female would not do X is the conclusion, not the supportive premises of why.