Jump to topic:

Question for those against gays

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2013 2:35:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Where do you stand on hermaphrodites? Are they allowed to have sex with a man, or a woman, or no one? Do you just think they are horrible people no matter what? What is your opinion?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2013 3:21:01 PM
At 4/27/2013 2:35:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Where do you stand on hermaphrodites? Are they allowed to have sex with a man, or a woman, or no one? Do you just think they are horrible people no matter what? What is your opinion?

I am not against gays but i want to throw out that gays are better people than any one who says yes to the question i just bolded
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2013 3:31:37 PM
At 4/27/2013 3:21:01 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/27/2013 2:35:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:

I am not against gays but i want to throw out that gays are better people than any one who says yes to the question i just bolded

It's not fair to lump all the homosexuals together like that.

I'm sure there are plenty of gays who are far worse people than those who would say yes to that question you bolded ;)
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2013 5:56:41 PM
I have a personal repulsion towards hemaphrodites but I don't see how anybody can justify legal discrimination towards them.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2013 4:36:54 AM
Hemaphrodite in islam is as follows:

If he as a baby have both genitals of a boy and a girl, we watch where he urinates from to decide what he is. if he urinated from both, we wait until puberty.

If as a baby he hasn't appearing genitals we wait to puberty.

if at puberty he develops Male characteristics , facial hair, voice changes, and eventually male genitals then he is a man.

if he doesn't develop any of these then he is considered a woman.

Hermaphrodites end up being either a man or a woman, not both.

It isn't necessary to determine what sex is the baby from birth, but sometimes it is confusing, a female may appear as a male and be declared as such , but only in puberty would she develop her(or his should I say ) true identity.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2013 7:25:27 PM
At 4/28/2013 4:36:54 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

If he as a baby have both genitals of a boy and a girl, we watch where he urinates from to decide what he is. if he urinated from both, we wait until puberty.

if at puberty he develops Male characteristics , facial hair, voice changes, and eventually male genitals then he is a man.

It isn't necessary to determine what sex is the baby from birth, but sometimes it is confusing, a female may appear as a male and be declared as such , but only in puberty would she develop her(or his should I say ) true identity.

What about mosaic/chimera cases where the person has the genome of two people?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 3:43:23 AM
I guess you reffer to when a person is a true hermaphrodite ?

Well this is extremely rare, but if the person happens to be equally a male and a female and is religious , then the person has to choose to be a female or a male, in the past we'd take hormonal additives that we find in plants, or the doctors can choose for the person according to what is easier or less dangerous , and a surgery should be done to definitely stop the function of one of her two sexes. It is very important that one has a determined gender by the time of adulthood.

Once the gender is determined , the marriage ect are just concequesces.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 4:13:13 AM
They are not horrible as a person, they have every right to have sex. They just don't have it with me.

I have nothing against gay or double gender person, I just prefer women when it come to sex.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 10:12:30 AM

This sounds like a pretty good idea. I like it. I'm taking a human sexuality course and we're going over nonstandard gender identity.

But as to the OP question: homosexuals aren't "horrible people..." Christianity rightly understood does not render them such. My best guy friend is bisexual, however we are both Christians. I have committed more sexual sin than he has, because I've actually had sex with a girl. He is only attracted to guys; he knows homosexual behavior is sinful, and so abstains.

If there was one thing I wish people understood about the Christian view of homosexuality, it's that homosexual behavior is the sin. not homosexuality, or being homosexual.
"Mundus vult decipi--the world wants to be deceived. The truth is too complex and frightening; the taste for the truth is an acquired taste that few acquire."
-Martin Buber, I and Thou
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 10:25:27 AM

And if the he/she dies before puberty? Does s/he get 72 virgins, or is s/he one of the 72 virgins?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:33:29 PM
At 5/2/2013 10:12:30 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

This sounds like a pretty good idea. I like it. I'm taking a human sexuality course and we're going over nonstandard gender identity.

But as to the OP question: homosexuals aren't "horrible people..." Christianity rightly understood does not render them such. My best guy friend is bisexual, however we are both Christians. I have committed more sexual sin than he has, because I've actually had sex with a girl. He is only attracted to guys; he knows homosexual behavior is sinful, and so abstains.

If there was one thing I wish people understood about the Christian view of homosexuality, it's that homosexual behavior is the sin. not homosexuality, or being homosexual.

And, that it is a choice to engage is said behavior.
However, when people say homosexuality is a choice, do they mean it is a choice to be attracted to men, or to actively seek their companionship?
My work here is, finally, done.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 12:20:54 AM
At 5/2/2013 4:33:29 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/2/2013 10:12:30 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

And, that it is a choice to engage is said behavior.
However, when people say homosexuality is a choice, do they mean it is a choice to be attracted to men, or to actively seek their companionship?

Judging by the general ignorance of people who say that (which I gauge by the amount of pseudoscience and confirmation bias they use to defend their belief), I unfortunately think it is the former in many cases. When they say the latter, though, it isn't much better - if they're willing to tell someone to not have sex, then they should either be willing to make a similar sacrifice as well or shut their mouths.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 2:23:12 PM
At 5/2/2013 10:25:27 AM, drafterman wrote:

And if the he/she dies before puberty? Does s/he get 72 virgins, or is s/he one of the 72 virgins?

If He or she Is from the inhabitants of paradise, of course.. why not ?!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 7:29:59 PM
I have nothing against homosexuals. And quite frankly the idea that if you don't approve of everything on the homosexual agenda it automatically makes you against homosexuals is always the narrative. This narrative is used on pupose. It is used to marginalize any and all who would oppose anything the homosexual agenda puts forward.

For instance, there is no possible way you could be in favor of defending the institution of marrige as being between a man and a woman. There is only one narrative. You are against gays and that is why you want to defend the institution of marrige. End of story end of debate end of all dialog. Works every time.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 9:11:32 PM
At 5/3/2013 7:29:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
I have nothing against homosexuals. And quite frankly the idea that if you don't approve of everything on the homosexual agenda it automatically makes you against homosexuals is always the narrative. This narrative is used on pupose. It is used to marginalize any and all who would oppose anything the homosexual agenda puts forward.

For instance, there is no possible way you could be in favor of defending the institution of marrige as being between a man and a woman. There is only one narrative. You are against gays and that is why you want to defend the institution of marrige. End of story end of debate end of all dialog. Works every time.

Might I ask what you hope to gain through defending the institution of marriage? Or what you have to lose through failure of its defense?

Oh, wait, that's right. Nothing. This is why people use this 'narrative' you speak of. There is absolutely NO REASON to be against ANY of it.
Wall of Fail

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 9:17:32 PM

What the fvck IS this "homosexual agenda?"
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 9:53:22 PM
At 5/3/2013 9:17:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

What the fvck IS this "homosexual agenda?"

I think this might be it:
http://cdn04.cdnwp.thefrisky.com...
Wall of Fail

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 11:21:04 AM
At 5/3/2013 9:11:32 PM, drhead wrote:

Might I ask what you hope to gain through defending the institution of marriage? Or what you have to lose through failure of its defense?

Oh, wait, that's right. Nothing. This is why people use this 'narrative' you speak of. There is absolutely NO REASON to be against ANY of it.

I rest my case.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 11:26:53 AM
At 5/6/2013 11:21:04 AM, sadolite wrote:

I rest my case. As you can painly and blatantly see you have set the homosexual naritive. So anything I may put forward is all based on bigotry. As you have stated "there can be no other reason to oppose gay marrige". Diolog is pointless, debate is pointless. Works every time.

drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 4:55:38 PM
At 5/6/2013 11:26:53 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/6/2013 11:21:04 AM, sadolite wrote:

I rest my case. As you can painly and blatantly see you have set the homosexual naritive. So anything I may put forward is all based on bigotry. As you have stated "there can be no other reason to oppose gay marrige". Diolog is pointless, debate is pointless. Works every time.

If you feel that I am using this "narrative" to dismiss all your arguments while being unwilling to back it up, you are mistaken. I have challenged you to a debate to give you the opportunity to defend your viewpoint, and I wish you the best of luck.
Wall of Fail