Jump to topic:

The Implications of Abortion and Stem Cells

TWatson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 10:58:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am hoping to gain more information on how abortion can affect the moral code of society.

Currently, I stand against abortion because I feel that there are many other alternatives to abortion, such as adoption.

I would also like to address that the ideal of using aborted fetuses or embryos for stem cells is an invalid method as the alternative of iPSCs or induced Pluri-potent Stem Cells which are stem cells than can be obtained from adult, or matured human bodies and have been "reprogrammed" to have the same potency as Toti-potent embryonic stem cells and can be applied to any part of the body to which the stem cells are needed.

With these advances in science, where does abortion have benefit so great that someone can avoid morality? How does it affect the value of human life and how can this understanding of value affect other points of human life? With abortion, the understanding is given that human life and value are subjective to only exist outside the womb.

I would very much appreciate your well-thought responses.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2015 7:36:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You see, this is a "when does life begin" question. If we decide that life were to begin at conception, the adult cells are a good thing. If we agree that life begins at birth, some forms of abortion kill a living baby. And if we were to say that life never begins at all, we justify murder. But weve been doing that for years. There have been 54,559,615 known abortions and that number is from 2012. Euthanasia is another problem. However, It is all about when life begins.