Jump to topic:

Which of the three

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 10:28:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Which of the three best describes the US with regard to our approch to the so called "War on Terroism."

The Art of War (Special Edition) it states:

1) "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."

2) "If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat."

3) "If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 3:01:58 PM
At 5/8/2013 2:25:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
2. The US should know that the only way to win in the Middle East is to blow it all up.

...which would strain diplomatic relationships with other nations, who would view us as as a warmongering menace to the world. The "two wrongs don't make a right" rule does apply in diplomacy. As much as you seem to hate the idea of diplomatic solutions (or even maintenance of diplomatic relationships), you're going to have to deal with actually deal with it so we don't make an enemy out of everyone for the sake of eliminating just one.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 11:59:13 PM
At 5/8/2013 3:01:58 PM, drhead wrote:
At 5/8/2013 2:25:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
2. The US should know that the only way to win in the Middle East is to blow it all up.

...which would strain diplomatic relationships with other nations, who would view us as as a warmongering menace to the world. The "two wrongs don't make a right" rule does apply in diplomacy. As much as you seem to hate the idea of diplomatic solutions (or even maintenance of diplomatic relationships), you're going to have to deal with actually deal with it so we don't make an enemy out of everyone for the sake of eliminating just one.

If we continue what we are doing in the Middle East to fight a war, we will never win, history proves this. The only way to win is to blow them up. If a country does not agree with us, they will get over it because we will kill them if they threaten us. In addition, why do we even need diplomacy. Eliminate the threats. Profit off of the elimination of the threats. Why does the US even care about aiming to please everyone.