Jump to topic:

Tell me what you think about this.

Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:47:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is not supposed to be a troll topic. Though, I do like to see the opinions people make of me when I say this. Tell me the pros and cons if you will, or just your plain overall opinion.
Here it is:
When I have children, I plan on homeschooling them through elementary school. I plan to educate them on politics, debating, and a variety of other topics aside from the basic math and English. (As far as English goes, I will have them read things like political books, satires about society, or gun manuals.) I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. I will not teach them to be racist, but to be judgmental of people. I will teach them that political correctness is completely overrated and that it is okay to offend people. I would hope that I get many parent-teacher conferences so that I may get my views into the public school system.
Furthermore, I will raise my children to be incredibly smart and will have them at a school level far higher than what they should be at. I will ensure that their grades would be good so that teachers do not look for any excuse to expel them.
Post your opinions please. This is what I actually plan to do. If you can think of a way to improve my plan, please say it.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 4:50:16 AM
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 9:46:49 AM
"I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. I will not teach them to be racist, but to be judgmental of people."

So, what do you plan to do when they take your lessons in being judgmental and judge you to be a crazy bigot?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:25:34 AM
At 5/12/2013 8:47:19 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
This is not supposed to be a troll topic. Though, I do like to see the opinions people make of me when I say this. Tell me the pros and cons if you will, or just your plain overall opinion.
Here it is:
When I have children, I plan on homeschooling them through elementary school. I plan to educate them on politics, debating, and a variety of other topics aside from the basic math and English. (As far as English goes, I will have them read things like political books, satires about society, or gun manuals.) I will raise them to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that they should not be held with any form of high regard. I will not teach them to be racist, but to be judgmental of people. I will teach them that political correctness is completely overrated and that it is okay to offend people. I would hope that I get many parent-teacher conferences so that I may get my views into the public school system.
Furthermore, I will raise my children to be incredibly smart and will have them at a school level far higher than what they should be at. I will ensure that their grades would be good so that teachers do not look for any excuse to expel them.
Post your opinions please. This is what I actually plan to do. If you can think of a way to improve my plan, please say it.

Heres an idea, dont do it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 11:06:48 AM
At 5/13/2013 10:33:58 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
My children would help society in general. My children will influence other children.

lol. at being a bigot?
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:04:46 PM
Here it is:

Good luck. Many a conservative has had the same plan, but the best way to derail all your plans, is to have children. You want to raise them as opinionated good conservative Christians, and they will probably end up as gay liberals.

On another note, if you had true courage of belief, rather than indoctrinate them into your beliefs you would expose them to many beliefs and yours and let them decide.
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:11:25 PM
At 5/13/2013 12:04:46 PM, slo1 wrote:
Here it is:

Good luck. Many a conservative has had the same plan, but the best way to derail all your plans, is to have children. You want to raise them as opinionated good conservative Christians, and they will probably end up as gay liberals.

On another note, if you had true courage of belief, rather than indoctrinate them into your beliefs you would expose them to many beliefs and yours and let them decide.

Or teach them to use logic and reasoning. Are you so scared they will leave your faith?
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:58:18 PM
At 5/13/2013 12:11:25 PM, FrackJack wrote:
Here it is:

Or teach them to use logic and reasoning. Are you so scared they will leave your faith?

My idea is not to indoctinate them out of fear that they will think differently. My plan is that my children will influence society at a young age. Adults cannot do this because preteens do not listen to them. But, they do listen to other children. I want my kids to be an influence on society.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 2:29:24 PM
At 5/13/2013 12:58:18 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Here it is:

My idea is not to indoctinate them out of fear that they will think differently. My plan is that my children will influence society at a young age. Adults cannot do this because preteens do not listen to them. But, they do listen to other children. I want my kids to be an influence on society.

"My plan is not to indoctrinate my children. I want to indoctrinate them so they will indoctrinate others."

So, basically an ideological Gemini project. I'll laugh when your children turn out to be flamboyantly gay. Or when they ask "why?", and, when you are unable to provide justification for your claims when you have most of modern science contradicting you, they'll learn to distrust you.

On a side note, how did you reach your own conclusions about your beliefs? How would your children be able to justify their beliefs if the only reason they held them was "because daddy said so"? This is why indoctrination fails - the only conclusions that someone can really believe are ones that someone has reached on their own.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:13:04 PM
At 5/13/2013 2:29:24 PM, drhead wrote:
At 5/13/2013 12:58:18 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Here it is:

"My plan is not to indoctrinate my children. I want to indoctrinate them so they will indoctrinate others."

So, basically an ideological Gemini project. I'll laugh when your children turn out to be flamboyantly gay. Or when they ask "why?", and, when you are unable to provide justification for your claims when you have most of modern science contradicting you, they'll learn to distrust you.

On a side note, how did you reach your own conclusions about your beliefs? How would your children be able to justify their beliefs if the only reason they held them was "because daddy said so"? This is why indoctrination fails - the only conclusions that someone can really believe are ones that someone has reached on their own.

I may not have posted my reasoning behind my beliefs, but I do have reasoning that I would teach my kids. Just because I did not post my reasoning on this forum does not mean that it is nonexistent.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 8:29:17 PM
Obviously the "elephant in the room" here is your opinion on gays. I think in an ever changing world that is a stupid thing to teach your kids. Gay people are being accepted by people more and more these days. You think ostracizing them by teaching them to hate gay people is a good idea. And if you did not realize it that is basically teaching them to hate gay people. They are going to have a hard life clinging to that ideal

Another thing. When my son was younger I bought all these teaching tools like baby Einstein and My baby can read( which tuned out to be a total fake) and putting him in baby classes. I to wanted to raise my children to be really smart. Now hw is 3 and he can barely say 5 words and I have never heard him say daddy. He wont even speak. Turns out he has autism. I learned an amazing lesson from all that. And its that you cant teach you kids to be anything but themselves. A grown up version of themselves. My advice to you would be to let them attend elementary school and let them live like normal kids. They are not you. All you can really do is be there to clean up the bruises and set tem back on their path.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 8:32:32 PM
At 5/13/2013 8:29:17 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Obviously the "elephant in the room" here is your opinion on gays. I think in an ever changing world that is a stupid thing to teach your kids. Gay people are being accepted by people more and more these days. You think ostracizing them by teaching them to hate gay people is a good idea. And if you did not realize it that is basically teaching them to hate gay people. They are going to have a hard life clinging to that ideal

Another thing. When my son was younger I bought all these teaching tools like baby Einstein and My baby can read( which tuned out to be a total fake) and putting him in baby classes. I to wanted to raise my children to be really smart. Now hw is 3 and he can barely say 5 words and I have never heard him say daddy. He wont even speak. Turns out he has autism. I learned an amazing lesson from all that. And its that you cant teach you kids to be anything but themselves. A grown up version of themselves. My advice to you would be to let them attend elementary school and let them live like normal kids. They are not you. All you can really do is be there to clean up the bruises and set tem back on their path.

Even better: you cant raise your kids to be anything but themselves.
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 9:26:58 PM
At 5/13/2013 8:32:32 PM, Df0512 wrote:

So one kid has autism. That does not mean that my kids will have autism. If I let them live like normal kids, society will corrupt my kids just like it is corrupting modern kids. I CANNOT let that happen.
You are asking me to allow my kids to go to elementary school because I cannot teach/raise them to be anything but themselves. However, these elementary schools are actually doing just that. They are teaching that people should help others, they are teaching that violence is never a solution, and they are teaching so many more things trying to change the way children think. It is worse in elementary school than any other level of education. I will not allow my children to be taught in this education system. My kids will have to influence others who have been taught in this education system to make them see reality.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 9:53:14 PM
At 5/13/2013 9:26:58 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 5/13/2013 8:32:32 PM, Df0512 wrote:

So one kid has autism. That does not mean that my kids will have autism. If I let them live like normal kids, society will corrupt my kids just like it is corrupting modern kids. I CANNOT let that happen.
You are asking me to allow my kids to go to elementary school because I cannot teach/raise them to be anything but themselves. However, these elementary schools are actually doing just that. They are teaching that people should help others, they are teaching that violence is never a solution, and they are teaching so many more things trying to change the way children think. It is worse in elementary school than any other level of education. I will not allow my children to be taught in this education system. My kids will have to influence others who have been taught in this education system to make them see reality.

Im not saying your child will have autism sir, Im saying they will be who they will be no matter how much you try to change them. And the schools are teaching kids basic moral values. Everyone has those values. That has little to do with who they are as individuals. And also, your kids can go to the school of your choosing. Dont like the public curriculum send them to a private school. It sounds like you are trying to make your kids into you. Thats is where I disagree with you. What if one of you kids turn out to be gay. Will you hold that child in less regard then you straight child?

You have to let you kids be themselves or they will hate you. Especially if they grow up to not agree with your ideals. I'll definitly let my kids know how my ideals but if they think differently that is there path not mine.

My kids will have to influence others who have been taught in this education system to make them see reality.

What reality?
Single_Cell_Pony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 12:04:24 AM
Things which you have no control over in bold:

When I have children, I plan on homeschooling them through elementary school. :I plan to educate them on politics, debating, and a variety of other topics aside :from the basic math and English. (As far as English goes, I will have them read :things like political books, satires about society, or gun manuals.) I will raise them :to KNOW that being gay is ungodly and is a choice and that :they should not be :held with any form of high regard.
I will not teach them to be racist, but to be judgmental of people. I will teach them :that political correctness is completely overrated and that it is okay to offend :people. I would hope that I get many parent-teacher conferences so that I may :get my views into the public school system.

What values you teach your children is up to you as long as you follow the educational regulations in your country. However:

Bolded Point 1 - Regardless of teachings, children often surprise their parents by developing very different viewpoints. I know families of hippies whose had a son who turned out to be a hedge fund manager; their daughter is a cop. I also know a wealthy conservative family who had three kids and raised them with values somewhat similar to what you've described here. Only one of the kids followed in their parents footsteps; the other two are now social workers.

The point is: people will surprise you. As long as you love your kids and treat them with kindness and respect - regardless of what views they develop - you will be fufilling your role as a parents.

Furthermore, I will raise my children to be incredibly smart :and will have them at a school level far higher than what they should be at. I will :ensure that their grades would be good so that teachers do not look for any :excuse to expel them.

You can provide a quality education, but whatever intelligence level your children have is genetic and out of your control.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 1:09:43 AM
Here it is:

I just noticed in how many columns you posted this.
Tsar of DDO
Single_Cell_Pony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 1:30:57 AM
At 5/14/2013 1:09:43 AM, YYW wrote:
This is not supposed to be a troll topic.

I noticed that too, which leads me to believe that it might be a troll.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 1:35:03 AM
At 5/14/2013 1:30:57 AM, Single_Cell_Pony wrote:
At 5/14/2013 1:09:43 AM, YYW wrote:
This is not supposed to be a troll topic.

I noticed that too, which leads me to believe that it might be a troll.

Perhaps, indeed.
Tsar of DDO