Jump to topic:

Northwestern irony

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:37:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"A student"s bid to become associate vice president of diversity and inclusion at Northwestern University was derailed last Wednesday over accusations that his status as a white heterosexual male would make it impossible for him to perform the position"s duties."

http://www.campusreform.org...

Oh, the irony, it doth taste bittersweet. How is it, that someone can get turned down from a position as 'Associate Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion', based on race, gender, and sexual orientation? Did they really not see the irony in that?

My main question though, is whether they will allow him to take the position in a week or so, after the pain of oppression has really sunk in. Or whether they are really so stupid to not hire someone for a position, based on reasoning that the position is inherently based around fighting.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:46:00 PM
Lol, I have a feeling that this is some grand hipster stunt. I have to keep telling myself that people can't really be THAT stupid.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:58:31 PM
At 5/18/2013 6:46:00 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Lol, I have a feeling that this is some grand hipster stunt. I have to keep telling myself that people can't really be THAT stupid.

One can only hope.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:40:31 PM
At 5/18/2013 6:37:54 PM, muzebreak wrote:
"A student"s bid to become associate vice president of diversity and inclusion at Northwestern University was derailed last Wednesday over accusations that his status as a white heterosexual male would make it impossible for him to perform the position"s duties."

Oh, the irony, it doth taste bittersweet. How is it, that someone can get turned down from a position as 'Associate Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion', based on race, gender, and sexual orientation? Did they really not see the irony in that?

My main question though, is whether they will allow him to take the position in a week or so, after the pain of oppression has really sunk in. Or whether they are really so stupid to not hire someone for a position, based on reasoning that the position is inherently based around fighting.

Northwestern has 48.4 percent male students and 51.6 percent female students. By being male he is part of a minority within the university.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...

In any case, if the point of the position is to represent the constituent needs of minorities it is a farce to say that what he is (a heterosexual white male) in any way changes his ability to perform the duties of the role to which he applied.

If he were gay, would that make him better able to relate to asians?

If he were black, would that make him better able to relate to white lesbians?

If he were asian, would that make him better able to relate to native americans?

No. No. and... no.

NWU is afraid of looking bad, but in the name of preserving their image they're being hypocrites.

I'm disappointed.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 3:57:34 PM
At 5/18/2013 6:37:54 PM, muzebreak wrote:

So NWU is so afraid of being racist that they are being racist? #Logic of Leftist Universities