Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

MarriageO

Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 10:02:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Out side of YHWH's blessing marriage is not permitted. You need to submit to YHWH through the Messiah Yahshua, then Marriage is justified.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 10:11:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Marriage was around long before the Abrahamic mythology.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:04:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am not talking about Abrahamic Mythology, whatever that is. YHWH made marriage, not Abraham.
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 1:51:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 11:04:22 AM, Sower4GS wrote:
I am not talking about Abrahamic Mythology, whatever that is. YHWH made marriage, not Abraham.

? and how can one communicate and have marriage blessed by YHWH without Abraham?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 10:50:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The spaghetti monster made marriage. Why do you think so many people propose at fancy Italian Restaurants. Ask the FSM for his blessing if you want to be married.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:16:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 10:50:11 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
The spaghetti monster made marriage. Why do you think so many people propose at fancy Italian Restaurants. Ask the FSM for his blessing if you want to be married.

I was asking the thinkers, not ruminators, sorry if I was not clear.
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:00:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Would it terrify you if I said that Marriage was not made by anything, it just came to be like everything else.
Turn around, go back.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 5:14:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Who said it was "made"? YHWH wants us to join together, male and female, in English we call it Marriage. YHWH commanded the man and women , well here...
I don't like to run around citing scripture, I would rather allow it to just permeate my conversation but sometimes you have to really help people focus for some reason..
Gen_2:24 For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
Hope that helps you out stranger.
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 5:15:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 12:00:48 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Would it terrify you if I said that Marriage was not made by anything, it just came to be like everything else.
I never said "made", that is mysterious to me. stanger.....
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 7:16:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/26/2013 10:11:53 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Marriage was around long before the Abrahamic mythology.

Mythology? hmmm I don't think you are right there.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 9:10:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 7:16:55 PM, leojm wrote:
At 5/26/2013 10:11:53 AM, muzebreak wrote:
Marriage was around long before the Abrahamic mythology.

Mythology? hmmm I don't think you are right there.

Well, mythology doesn't mean something is false. All a mythos or mythology is is the set of stories (in the broadest sense--narratives)--surrounding something. So, even if we presuppose the Bible as true, it IS technically a mythos, comprised of the myths (narratives) that explain humanity's creation, existence, and salvation in terms of God and Jesus Christ.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2013 1:44:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just posted proof that Scripture is real. It's under one of the atheist posts. A video revealing an archeological discovery that Reveals obvious proof Scripture is NOT Myth.
Unbelievers scholars cannot argue....
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 9:37:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2013 1:44:20 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
I just posted proof that Scripture is real. It's under one of the atheist posts. A video revealing an archeological discovery that Reveals obvious proof Scripture is NOT Myth.
Unbelievers scholars cannot argue....

Regardless of whether it is true or not, scripture is still technically made up of myths, because they are stories that describe/explain human creation and the origins of many aspects of human society.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Sower4GS
Posts: 1,718
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 12:59:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Major lie dude, becareful, everything you say is flammable and unredeemed humans are too!
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 7:27:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/7/2013 12:59:59 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Major lie dude, becareful, everything you say is flammable and unredeemed humans are too!

You know I'm not saying scripture is false, right? I was saying that you're inappropriately taking the word "myth" as having a negative connotation.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Zach5714
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 8:50:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Marriage has taken many shapes throughout history. It has been used in polygamist relationships quite a decent amount of time before the bible. It was used during biblical times as a form of paying off debt to those that you owe money through your daughter. It has even been used with homosexuality in many cultures throughout history. The nuclear family concept is a relatively new one. It's been around a few hundred years if that. As far as YHWH creating marriage. You are making a absolute claim without having to validate it. It creates a scapegoat end all argument without validity because it evidence is substituted for a supernatural entity you or I can't prove or disprove at the same time. Unless you can show to me without subjective evidence such as faith or interpretation of scripture. Actual proof YHWH exists that isn't a proof from complexity fallacy or any similar failed debate. I see no reason to believe any faith or person has exclusive rights to marriage