Jump to topic:

Solving minorities' problems once and for all

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 1:31:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I submit that everyone of ethnic African descent (essentially anyone "black"- possibly Latinos as well) should be given areas in which only they can live and work. Whites, Asians, Indians, and anyone else who does not qualify as "black" would be barred from living there and could only enter as tourists, whereas black people, of course, would be able to live and work outside the reserves if they wanted to. My rationale is that it is impossible to integrate black society with WASP society due to the mental barriers preventing us from seeing people from different races as "our own." If one notices that in practice black people live together in black neighborhoods, and almost always marry other black people, this divide becomes more evident.

But what is this solving?

I believe that integration with white society is the root of most problems in the black community. If you've ever thought about it (assuming you are white), it's incredibly easy, with a stretch of the imagination, to view black people as subhuman (as their features are psychological alien to us) and presumably vice-versa. This causes discrimination and fosters division in society (if you need obvious examples, try this convenient slideshow: http://www.flickr.com...). I submit that black police officers would have a far easier time enforcing order and mediating conflict in a black community than a white police officer would.

Moreover, when black people collectively organize themselves without legal divisions protecting them as well, it becomes easier to discriminate, as they tend to be poorer and their communities simply aren't invested in. It's a self-feeding cycle.

Of course, one could argue that if a person grew up around a smooth mixture of races, they would develop psychological connections to all of them, but that's just the point- they don't. Blacks gravitate towards each other even in a society where discrimination of any kind is taboo. I, however, see discrimination as a normal and inevitable product of human psychology.

But isn't this racist?

As per definition [http://en.wikipedia.org...], "racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior."

My proposal is not predicated on actual biological differences inherent to races that make Africans undesirable, hence my ideas are by definition not racist.

You're wrong about inherent racial divisions! My community is perfectly integrated and race isn't even a factor.

Yeah, and Polish aristocrats spoke French. There always a class which was above national or ethnic divisions and saw themselves as the same people.

What rights will blacks have under this system?

All of them! At least, all of the ones they do now. They will be granted full citizenship of their own territories as well as of the United States, with voting rights and military obligations (although the black communities will have the right to form their own governments, adjudicate legal cases and levy taxes within their borders, and have self-determination and autonomy to a large extent). The federal government will have a responsibility to protect their lands, assets, resources and treaty rights. Blacks will still be able to run for any federal office.

If this still seems quasi-racist to you, I'd like you to point out what the fundamental differences are between this system and a little thing we call Indian reservations: [http://en.wikipedia.org...].
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 1:45:37 AM
This is idiotic. Race doesn't exist. To solve minorities problems once and for all is to stop grouping people into categories like "minorities" and other racial labels.

I'm a French Mexican, what the hell ethnic province do I go to. The white one or the hispanic one?

This can never work. The issue with it isn't that it's racist (and it is), the issue is that it's utterly idiotic, ignores scientific fact, plays into conventional stereotypes, and has no true categorical basis for dividing people up. Not to mention, a whole lot of the people object to this therefore your plan would require tyrannical levels of coercion and force.

This idea needs to submitted to paper, ripped to shreds, then incinerated in a bonfire. Worst idea of all time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 1:59:41 AM
At 6/6/2013 1:45:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is idiotic. Race doesn't exist. To solve minorities problems once and for all is to stop grouping people into categories like "minorities" and other racial labels.

I didn't claim that any such thing existed; in fact I specifically clarified my reasons for segregation.

I'm a French Mexican, what the hell ethnic province do I go to. The white one or the hispanic one?

Your choice, as I said.

This can never work. The issue with it isn't that it's racist (and it is),

Ah, and maybe you'd like to tell me why your definition of racist is better than the universally accepted one.

the issue is that it's utterly idiotic,

Gonna have to give me a little more than that.

ignores scientific fact,

Do tell.

plays into conventional stereotypes,

So does anything.

and has no true categorical basis for dividing people up.

Why not? We'd ask a sociologist just who psychologically constituted a "black" person.

Not to mention, a whole lot of the people object to this therefore your plan would require tyrannical levels of coercion and force.

It's an idea. I don't recall claiming it needed to be enforced. If people didn't vote for it, then it wouldn't be implemented.

This idea needs to submitted to paper, ripped to shreds, then incinerated in a bonfire. Worst idea of all time.

Thank you for the constructive criticism.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 2:01:27 AM
Also, to clarify, non-blacks would be able to live there if they intermarry with blacks or if they have permission to buy land from the reservation. It wouldn't be totally devoid of any non-black ever.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 2:40:21 AM
I now understand why you got banned on other websites for comments dealing with blacks. Well deserved, if I do say so myself.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 2:56:53 AM
At 6/6/2013 2:40:21 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
I now understand why you got banned on other websites for comments dealing with blacks. Well deserved, if I do say so myself.

That was taken out of context and you know it quite well. Besides, whites are the ones being discriminated against here, whereas blacks have freedom of movement.

Would you care to criticize my model?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 3:10:18 AM
At 6/6/2013 2:56:53 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 6/6/2013 2:40:21 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

That was taken out of context and you know it quite well. Besides, whites are the ones being discriminated against here, whereas blacks have freedom of movement.

Would you care to criticize my model?

??

What is the context of your OP? I don't see any, other than the OP, which has smatterings of Jewish ghettos shortly before the Holocaust. The only real difference is that we don't blame other races for our problems and so we most likely will not execute them, but everything else does seem to follow.

And no, I don't really care to criticize your model. I'd much rather just summarily condemn it. If this really isn't a trolling thread, I'm rather shocked that you or anyone would actually hold this viewpoint.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 3:46:30 AM
At 6/6/2013 3:15:28 AM, Wnope wrote:
https://www.google.com...

I had a comment to make, but I was surprised by how much it sounded like one of charleslb's.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 11:03:24 AM
At 6/6/2013 1:59:41 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 6/6/2013 1:45:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Your choice, as I said.

Oh, it's simply up to choice? You mean there is no categorical basis? I thought you said there is. I thought you said that I would interact differently to a different race, how ought I act around French people and around Mexican people. Do I treat a Brazilian different from a Mexican? Do I treat an Australian different than a Frenchman?

This is absurdity.

This can never work. The issue with it isn't that it's racist (and it is),

Ah, and maybe you'd like to tell me why your definition of racist is better than the universally accepted one.

You just admitted that the purpose of separating into these groups is because people view their own race favorably and the other races as foreign and inferior.

and has no true categorical basis for dividing people up.

Why not? We'd ask a sociologist just who psychologically constituted a "black" person.

Why do you constantly bring up black people as if there's two races, black and white. How about Puerto Rican's, Brazilians, Hawaiians, Indians, Armenians, Filipinos?

Not to mention, a whole lot of the people object to this therefore your plan would require tyrannical levels of coercion and force.

It's an idea. I don't recall claiming it needed to be enforced. If people didn't vote for it, then it wouldn't be implemented.

Voting is still force. A majority trampling the minority.

Thank you for the constructive criticism.

Your idea is pure Joseph Mengele Nazi eugenics social engineering collectivist tyranny.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 4:34:38 PM
At 6/6/2013 3:46:30 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 6/6/2013 3:15:28 AM, Wnope wrote:
https://www.google.com...

I had a comment to make, but I was surprised by how much it sounded like one of charleslb's.

Compared to what you've written, Charles is a brilliant pragmatist.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:21:02 PM
At 6/6/2013 7:05:09 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
There needs to be technology that allows me to wipe my @ss with an internet post.

You could always print it off.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:28:07 PM
As long as govt recognizes race and there are politicians willing to race bait and cater to race. Racism will never die. Racisim is perpetuated by govt and those who work in govt. Not the population.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 7:41:43 PM
At 6/6/2013 7:21:02 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 6/6/2013 7:05:09 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
There needs to be technology that allows me to wipe my @ss with an internet post.

You could always print it off.

Did that. Not the same. And it's kinda painful.
#BlackLivesMatter
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 10:28:15 PM
Why has literally nobody assumed that this was (very obviously) a troll post?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 10:37:15 PM
At 6/6/2013 10:28:15 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

I did, and I wanted you to admit to it so that the matter would be clear to everyone.

The reason that -so many others- reacted as they did is because they reacted rather than taking the time to thoughtfully consider (1) what was said, (2) why it might have been said and (3) who posted it. If FalconDueler posted this, we would know it wasn't a troll post.

But you, Ethan? Obviously a troll post... hence why I posted first "please tell me this is a troll post" rather than "you unlearned git!" lol.

If only people spent the time to understand something rather than just posting some great long bout of nonsense that demonstrates their categorical misunderstanding of a situation, DDO -and the world- would be a better place.
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 2:35:24 AM
At 6/6/2013 10:37:15 PM, YYW wrote:

I did, and I wanted you to admit to it so that the matter would be clear to everyone.

The reason that -so many others- reacted as they did is because they reacted rather than taking the time to thoughtfully consider (1) what was said, (2) why it might have been said and (3) who posted it. If FalconDueler posted this, we would know it wasn't a troll post.

But you, Ethan? Obviously a troll post... hence why I posted first "please tell me this is a troll post" rather than "you unlearned git!" lol.

If only people spent the time to understand something rather than just posting some great long bout of nonsense that demonstrates their categorical misunderstanding of a situation, DDO -and the world- would be a better place.

Yeah. I would have carried it on for longer, but the responses here were disappointing. No one even mentioned the word "apartheid."
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:35:16 AM

I did assume this was a troll post. Regardless, I found it in exceptionally poor taste. I'm sure you could make a trolling thread about the legitimacy of rape, murder, and necrophilia, and I'm sure you would find plenty of people that would also consider it in poor taste, and would have regretted reading it, as I do this post.

That is the point of trolling, isn't it? To waste everyone's time? Thanks I guess, mission accomplished.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:42:09 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:35:16 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

I did assume this was a troll post. Regardless, I found it in exceptionally poor taste. I'm sure you could make a trolling thread about the legitimacy of rape, murder, and necrophilia, and I'm sure you would find plenty of people that would also consider it in poor taste, and would have regretted reading it, as I do this post.

That is the point of trolling, isn't it? To waste everyone's time? Thanks I guess, mission accomplished.

Thanks.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:42:40 AM
And what are you so butthurt about? If you think it was dumb, why comment?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 3:54:38 AM
At 6/7/2013 3:42:40 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Because I expected better from you. Clearly I was wrong.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 5:10:50 PM
At 6/7/2013 3:54:38 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

Then maybe you'd care to explain the art of sophisticated humor to me? I'm waiting intently.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 5:28:02 PM
At 6/7/2013 5:10:50 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Then maybe you'd care to explain the art of sophisticated humor to me? I'm waiting intently.

The humor in your post is largely absent. This isn't anything from Massivedump or Brian Eggleston, who really have an impressive way of trolling for laughs. Everything in this post equates racism with the Holocaust. Is the Holocaust a joke? If it is, then this thread is funny.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2013 10:19:03 PM
At 6/7/2013 5:28:02 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

The humor in your post is largely absent. This isn't anything from Massivedump or Brian Eggleston, who really have an impressive way of trolling for laughs. Everything in this post equates racism with the Holocaust. Is the Holocaust a joke? If it is, then this thread is funny.

I wasn't trying to make people laugh, I was trying to get reactions out of them. Call it a social experiment, but I was interested in how people would react to having one of their deepest social taboos violated so flagrantly, and if they would react logically. The responses on here were rather disappointing compared to other websites.

Although I myself was prepared to be amused at the furious reaction.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 12:31:06 PM
At 6/7/2013 10:19:03 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 6/7/2013 5:28:02 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

I wasn't trying to make people laugh, I was trying to get reactions out of them. Call it a social experiment, but I was interested in how people would react to having one of their deepest social taboos violated so flagrantly, and if they would react logically. The responses on here were rather disappointing compared to other websites.

Although I myself was prepared to be amused at the furious reaction.

The bolded shows a clear contradiction in your intent. The underlined exposes you as a troll.

Again, I expected better from you. Clearly I was wrong.