Total Posts:68|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Con On Abortion!

2breezy4u
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I dont think that any child deserves to have there life taken away. The only thing that would change my mind was if it was a case of rape, but even then i still dont think abortion is the right way to go. I mean just put your self in the place of an a little baby in the stomach of your mom, would youu want to die... If soo please tell me why. I just cant think of any reason at all to have an abortion. It's so cruel in my opinion... Does anyone have any reason s to why someone should have an abortion??
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:02:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
I dont think that any child deserves to have there life taken away.

Sure, fetuses aren't children though.

I mean just put your self in the place of an a little baby in the stomach of your mom, would youu want to die... If soo please tell me why.

Hmm, last time I checked fetuses can't have "wants" seeing as how they can't think.

I just cant think of any reason at all to have an abortion.

Abortions are fun? Haha, but seriously. Economic and social reasons of course top the list.

It's so cruel in my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. :P
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:03:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:02:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
It's so cruel in my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. :P

Opinions can't be wrong. :P
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:05:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:03:52 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:02:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
It's so cruel in my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. :P

Opinions can't be wrong. :P

They can't? It's my opinion that your username is not 'mongeese' but 'Dnjkldan'. It's also my opinion that the Earth revolves around Venus.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:05:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:03:52 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:02:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
It's so cruel in my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. :P

Opinions can't be wrong. :P

No kidding, kid!
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:07:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
I mean just put your self in the place of an a little baby in the stomach of your mom, would youu want to die... If soo please tell me why.

If I was a little baby, I would not "want" anything. I would barely even be conscious. That's why abortion can be justified.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:11:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:05:48 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:03:52 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:02:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
It's so cruel in my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. :P

Opinions can't be wrong. :P

They can't? It's my opinion that your username is not 'mongeese' but 'Dnjkldan'. It's also my opinion that the Earth revolves around Venus.

Those are not opinions.

"An opinion is a belief that cannot be proved with evidence. It is a subjective statement and may be the result of an emotion or an interpretation of facts; people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts. An opinion is neither right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of said subject."

http://en.wikipedia.org...
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:17:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:11:54 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:05:48 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:03:52 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:02:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
It's so cruel in my opinion

Your opinion is wrong. :P

Opinions can't be wrong. :P

They can't? It's my opinion that your username is not 'mongeese' but 'Dnjkldan'. It's also my opinion that the Earth revolves around Venus.

Those are not opinions.

"An opinion is a belief that cannot be proved with evidence. It is a subjective statement and may be the result of an emotion or an interpretation of facts; people may draw opposing opinions from the same facts. An opinion is neither right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of said subject."

http://en.wikipedia.org...

*Hangs head in shame*
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:01:56 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm not pro-choice, but I don't think that a fetus really "wants" anything.

if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:23:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:07:14 PM, MTGandP wrote:
At 12/2/2009 7:43:19 PM, 2breezy4u wrote:
I mean just put your self in the place of an a little baby in the stomach of your mom, would youu want to die... If soo please tell me why.

If I was a little baby, I would not "want" anything. I would barely even be conscious. That's why abortion can be justified.

Yeah, see, I don't like that argument. I don't think that an entity's lack of awareness gives people license over the fate of that entity.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:23:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.

8 1/2 is a lot different from 1 1/2 in terms of development, matt.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:25:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:23:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Yeah, see, I don't like that argument. I don't think that an entity's lack of awareness gives people license over the fate of that entity.

Squashed an insect lately? Been in a car where one has smeared itself on the windscreen? :P
wonderwoman
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:27:28 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 7:59:18 PM, Puck wrote:
"I just cant think of any reason at all to have an abortion."

Ya don't want a pregnancy. :P

Puck you seriously made me laugh out loud

But no for real fetus's are void of rights and are not humans.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:28:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:23:54 PM, Volkov wrote:

8 1/2 is a lot different from 1 1/2 in terms of development, matt.

Did I ever once say it wasn't??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:30:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.

I'm sure chickens don't want to be stuck in coups, essentially tortured, and then killed. But it's legal anyway. I don't see how want really matters.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:30:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:28:24 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:23:54 PM, Volkov wrote:

8 1/2 is a lot different from 1 1/2 in terms of development, matt.

How bout 8 months, 7 1/2??

Would you say a 6 1/2 month babe outside the womb has no rights?? How is it in and of itself diff. from one inside??

Shouldn't rights be determined based upon the qualities of the system in question?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:31:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:25:13 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:23:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Yeah, see, I don't like that argument. I don't think that an entity's lack of awareness gives people license over the fate of that entity.

Squashed an insect lately? Been in a car where one has smeared itself on the windscreen? :P

Not intentionally. And I've never heard of an accidental abortion. (Don't say miscarriage.)
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:32:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:30:21 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.

I'm sure chickens don't want to be stuck in coups, essentially tortured, and then killed. But it's legal anyway. I don't see how want really matters.

Except for when it's the mother wanting to absolve herself of responsibility for having conceived a child after of wild sex?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:32:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:32:03 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:30:21 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.

I'm sure chickens don't want to be stuck in coups, essentially tortured, and then killed. But it's legal anyway. I don't see how want really matters.

Except for when it's the mother wanting to absolve herself of responsibility for having conceived a child after a night of wild sex?

God. DDO has been omitting a lot of things from my posts, lately.
wonderwoman
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:33:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:32:03 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:30:21 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.

I'm sure chickens don't want to be stuck in coups, essentially tortured, and then killed. But it's legal anyway. I don't see how want really matters.

Except for when it's the mother wanting to absolve herself of responsibility for having conceived a child after of wild sex?

so we use childbirth as a punishment?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:34:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
It's the woman taking responsibility by buying herself an abortion. :p
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:35:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:31:02 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:25:13 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:23:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Yeah, see, I don't like that argument. I don't think that an entity's lack of awareness gives people license over the fate of that entity.

Squashed an insect lately? Been in a car where one has smeared itself on the windscreen? :P

Not intentionally.

I don't believe you. If this is true, enjoy your malaria.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:36:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:32:03 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Except for when it's the mother wanting to absolve herself of responsibility for having conceived a child after of wild sex?

What about it? It's a restriction of freedom to outlaw abortion. The want doesn't matter. It's a matter of choice. Fetuses and babies don't have choice, their sensory receptors allow them wants, if you want to call it that I guess.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:39:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:36:16 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:32:03 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Except for when it's the mother wanting to absolve herself of responsibility for having conceived a child after of wild sex?

What about it? It's a restriction of freedom to outlaw abortion. The want doesn't matter. It's a matter of choice. Fetuses and babies don't have choice, their sensory receptors allow them wants, if you want to call it that I guess.

Choice implies a want. Besides, restricting freedom isn't some inherently evil atrocity like you make it out to be. It's basically an argument from silence - because the fetus has no say otherwise, abortion is justified if the mother wants to get one.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:40:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:33:02 PM, wonderwoman wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:32:03 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:30:21 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:22:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if you hit, through hitting the mom's belly, a 8 1/2 month old fetus I would think it would want to not experience that again.

I'm sure chickens don't want to be stuck in coups, essentially tortured, and then killed. But it's legal anyway. I don't see how want really matters.

Except for when it's the mother wanting to absolve herself of responsibility for having conceived a child after of wild sex?

so we use childbirth as a punishment?

We prevent abortion from being used as a cop-out.
wonderwoman
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:41:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:39:44 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:34:19 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It's the woman taking responsibility by buying herself an abortion. :p

It's the woman cleaning up after her mess. The irresponsibility was having the wild sex to begin with.

Cody you didn't answer my question.

So are you using the pregnancy and childbirth as a punishment?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:42:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/2/2009 8:30:38 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Would you say a 6 1/2 month babe outside the womb has no rights?? How is it in and of itself diff. from one inside??

Shouldn't rights be determined based upon the qualities of the system in question?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."