Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

inner city life

kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 1:50:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Many times people confuse what goes on in the inner city, which I was raised in. I was reading an excerpt from Obama's "Audacity of Hope". The book is particularly dry in my opinion, but a statement was raised in the chapter on "Race". Now, the race issue is a hot button topic in America as it stands already.

I have been posting for a few weeks now, and the responses I have gotten from some of my threads shows how out of touch we all are as a nation with one another. The last few generations have become really cynical regarding life in the inner city.

Inferior teachers,inferior curriculum's. lack of extracurricular activities to keep the children from getting into mischief, and a slew of other things.
I can tell you first hand that the perceptions that some people have are half true, and half false. Just as their are folks in other communities who are focused on upward mobility, there are those who were raised with meager means who abhor the stuff going on in the community. Myself being one of them, I see how black youths hang on the corners selling drugs, and represent a huge number of the populations of America's prisons, yet I have never heard of any black drug warlords...EVER.
I recall Bill Cosby coming out to call out the black community, and there was a huge uproar that he had no right. The youths have no respect for authority, and sometimes it's for just cause. Some blacks have a deep hatred for Police, and I used to have this same deep hatred, but now I am more tolerable of them, because all are not the same.

The point I want to stress is that despite how mainstream America paints us, and how other ethnicity's perceive us, or how we are misunderstood as being lazy that just isn't true. Most drug dealers can't fathom working for minimum wages, but work for less than minimum wages on some days, and risk their freedom to sell a few measly crack rocks (that gets you more time than powdered coke, even though they come from the same source).

We are emulated by pop culture, our music is listened to by everyone, particularly hip hop these days. Hip Hop has helped to mesh certain cultures into a bigger whole, but most inner city folks know that the Suburbanites who listen to the music only for entertainment, and "pose" for an image.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 1:52:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 1:50:13 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Most drug dealers can't fathom working for minimum wages, but work for less than minimum wages on some days, and risk their freedom to sell a few measly crack rocks (that gets you more time than powdered coke, even though they come from the same source).

Your point was?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 1:58:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 1:52:48 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/3/2009 1:50:13 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Most drug dealers can't fathom working for minimum wages, but work for less than minimum wages on some days, and risk their freedom to sell a few measly crack rocks (that gets you more time than powdered coke, even though they come from the same source).

Your point was?

that a large number of blacks are locked up for crack, but yet powder which is a drug of choice of say Bill Clinton, George Bush, and even Obama gets you a few months, yet crack gets you years.....
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 2:12:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://i45.tinypic.com...

Seriously though, what's your point? Everyone is racist against blacks. Rich people are evil. You're from the hood. You live in the ghettos of DC. We get it. Most of what you say is BS anyway. And just because you're black, you can't represent all black people by saying "we" it's just wrong.

This one was funny:
I have never heard of any black drug warlords...EVER.

Seriously?

that a large number of blacks are locked up for crack, but yet powder which is a drug of choice of say Bill Clinton, George Bush, and even Obama gets you a few months, yet crack gets you years.....

Proof of the President's using power please. And why does it matter if possession of crack rock receives harsher punishments than power? Rocks are worse for you, anyway.

Most of the other stuff you said has no point whatsoever. Just you babbling on with no thesis. Boring.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 6:34:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 2:12:38 PM, Nags wrote:
http://i45.tinypic.com...

Seriously though, what's your point? Everyone is racist against blacks. Rich people are evil. You're from the hood. You live in the ghettos of DC. We get it. Most of what you say is BS anyway. And just because you're black, you can't represent all black people by saying "we" it's just wrong.

This one was funny:
I have never heard of any black drug warlords...EVER.

Seriously?

that a large number of blacks are locked up for crack, but yet powder which is a drug of choice of say Bill Clinton, George Bush, and even Obama gets you a few months, yet crack gets you years.....

Proof of the President's using power please. And why does it matter if possession of crack rock receives harsher punishments than power? Rocks are worse for you, anyway.

Most of the other stuff you said has no point whatsoever. Just you babbling on with no thesis. Boring.

Go play somewhere child.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 7:33:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 1:50:13 PM, kelly224 wrote:
our music is listened to by everyone, particularly hip hop these days.

I listen to Jimmie Hendrix and sometimes Hootie from hootie and the blowfish.

Oh and also The Black Keys who have a few recreations of a black guys songs (and who I hear are to be doing an album with a bunch of big hip hop names), but no hip hop, outside of will smith like 10 years ago. lol

Besides, what's with the Our Music deal, I thought you said black people had a hard time identifying with any given culture, I mean, I think they don't, but I thought you did.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 7:34:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 1:58:19 PM, kelly224 wrote:
that a large number of blacks are locked up for crack, but yet powder which is a drug of choice of say Bill Clinton, George Bush, and even Obama gets you a few months, yet crack gets you years.....

Care to back up those allegations with some proof?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 7:34:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Kelly -

It's not true that the teachers in the inner cities are inferior and that they have inferior curriculums. In New York City, there's a freeze on education (meaning there are no jobs for teachers) -- I have several friends who have BS' and MA's in Education and can't find work. As such, they would take any job available, including one in the inner city. Not to mention that even when this wasn't a problem, higher salaries are offered to people who are willing to teach there. To blame the quality of teachers for the education crisis is really not fair. Also, how is the curriculum inferior or any different than other school's curriculum?

Watch the documentary Hard Times at Douglass High which is about a HS in the inner city of Baltimore; it demonstrates how the No Child Left Behind act is fairing, and shows how it's without a doubt the STUDENTS and the PARENTS who are to blame - not the school or the administration in any way (who actually bend over backwards to help).
President of DDO
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:18:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 6:34:52 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Go play somewhere child.

This was extraordinarily disrespectful. You could have slammed what he said as meaningless and childish if you wanted. You could have even called him a child in your response and it would have been fine by my book, but don't make meaningless posts and evade his statement even if you think it was childish. If you're going to insult him or belittle him, at least have something else to respond with.

And honestly, I agree with Nags. You start a lot of topics but in this one, it seems to be nothing more than a ramble of everything you're irked about.

First of all, lack of respect for authority, lack of value in education, etc, these are all hereditary. Public schools are made available for everyone and if they don't like a particular area, a kid who has been raised there all his life has the free choice to go the way of the immigrant. What do I mean by that?

Imagine a 25 year old who has given up on education all his life.

1. Don't wallow in self pity, acknowledge the opportunities in this great country
2. Forget about racism. No matter how bad things get, tell yourself racism doesn't exist.
3. Stop being immature and selfish. Your goal is to build a nest for your children, not for yourself. Stop being good to yourself, think about preparing for the future.
4. Get to work. Everyone is employable, you just need to lower your standards, swallow your pride, and give it 120%. Work harder, work smarter, work longer. Educate yourself, apply for better jobs.

-10 years later-

5. You have money now. MOVE. You can find a spouse and have a child. Better yourself. Your child will be educated in a better neighborhood, with better living environments. You need to keep working yourself to death in order to supply that.

-25 years later-

You are now 60. Your child is making almost 6 figures because he was given all the privileges of an upper middle class family in terms of education while you and your spouse suffered as working class dogs. You have broken out of the poverty cycle. Your family line will no longer be viewed as lazy, because you have worked hard enough to compensate for your parents' laziness.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:21:09 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
, I see how black youths hang on the corners selling drugs, and represent a huge number of the populations of America's prisons, yet I have never heard of any black drug warlords

http://en.wikipedia.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:36:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Dude, your funny.
And a big joke with most of your posts.

Who cares about black people.

We are all just individuals, forget your black and remember that your american.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:41:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 9:36:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
We are all just individuals, forget your black and remember that your american.

Uh, comon, there is a bit of a contradiction there. Its basically rendered like this:

"We're all individuals, so forget your black, because you're an individual. But remember that being a certain type of individual is important, namely being American."
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:48:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 9:41:54 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/3/2009 9:36:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
We are all just individuals, forget your black and remember that your american.

Uh, comon, there is a bit of a contradiction there. Its basically rendered like this:

"We're all individuals, so forget your black, because you're an individual. But remember that being a certain type of individual is important, namely being American."

Yep, your right.

Huh.
So.
Ummm.

Be an individual and forget about being black.
I will go with that.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 10:13:54 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 7:23:28 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/3/2009 6:34:52 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Go play somewhere child.

Ad hominem. Try again.

Kiss my a$$, how about that one?
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 10:14:40 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 9:36:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
Dude, your funny.
And a big joke with most of your posts.


Who cares about black people.

We are all just individuals, forget your black and remember that your american.

Who cares abouyt you jacka$$? If you have nothing construstive to say, than shut the phuck up.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 10:15:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/3/2009 9:48:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/3/2009 9:41:54 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 12/3/2009 9:36:24 PM, comoncents wrote:
We are all just individuals, forget your black and remember that your american.

Uh, comon, there is a bit of a contradiction there. Its basically rendered like this:

"We're all individuals, so forget your black, because you're an individual. But remember that being a certain type of individual is important, namely being American."

Yep, your right.

Huh.
So.
Ummm.

Be an individual and forget about being black.
I will go with that.

That would be nice in a color blind world.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 10:29:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/7/2009 10:13:54 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/3/2009 7:23:28 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/3/2009 6:34:52 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Go play somewhere child.

Ad hominem. Try again.

I'm too unintelligent to know what that means, and I'm too lazy to look it up
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 10:31:41 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/7/2009 10:14:40 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Who cares abouyt you jacka$$? If you have nothing construstive to say, than shut the phuck up.

I care about him, who cares about you? Apparently no one. And perhaps you should take your own advice on the "constructive" part. I suggest looking up the definition of the word constructive before pretending like you know what it means.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Rob1Billion
Posts: 1,338
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2009 1:02:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Kelly you are adept at stirring up the DDO community, I will give you that much. You argue against the status quo, which I think is interesting in any situation... Reverse racism, in this instance. We have all grown up in a society where racism has been ex-communicated from our culture, and you come in here and spout racist comments with little regard to the logical holes in your arguments.

I think you could go somewhere with these points, but you need to change your style a bit. You obviously want to expose he hidden threads of anti-black racism that still exist in society, and you may yet be able to succeed, despite the efforts of many to deny it exists. But you have to stick with the facts and avoid these easy-to-attack pitfalls you keep creating. Saying there has never been a black warlord is ridiculous, and doesn't strengthen your point anyway. You are viewed as a complainer because you are too emotional and don't control your statements. Why don't you concentrate, if it's your agenda, on statistics and facts instead? You could show the average wages of minorities, talk about the glass ceiling... And you keep concentrating on blacks, which is hard to overlook when you are a black man (glaring bias). You should include American Indians, Mexicans, and perhaps Asians and Asian Indians in your analyses.
Master P is the end result of capitalism.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:41:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/7/2009 1:02:18 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Kelly you are adept at stirring up the DDO community, I will give you that much. You argue against the status quo, which I think is interesting in any situation... Reverse racism, in this instance. We have all grown up in a society where racism has been ex-communicated from our culture, and you come in here and spout racist comments with little regard to the logical holes in your arguments.

I think you could go somewhere with these points, but you need to change your style a bit. You obviously want to expose he hidden threads of anti-black racism that still exist in society, and you may yet be able to succeed, despite the efforts of many to deny it exists. But you have to stick with the facts and avoid these easy-to-attack pitfalls you keep creating. Saying there has never been a black warlord is ridiculous, and doesn't strengthen your point anyway. You are viewed as a complainer because you are too emotional and don't control your statements. Why don't you concentrate, if it's your agenda, on statistics and facts instead? You could show the average wages of minorities, talk about the glass ceiling... And you keep concentrating on blacks, which is hard to overlook when you are a black man (glaring bias). You should include American Indians, Mexicans, and perhaps Asians and Asian Indians in your analyses.

I am emotionally charged. I don't look at many statistics, because I am speaking from first hand experience. My arguments will not always be garment with charts, and statistics.

Some folks that argue on here, argue from what they see on TV, the stereotypes. I will never take advice from someone who has not experienced the harsh realities of life. It's easy to pass judgement when you live in a safe suburban neighborhood, acting as if you understand someone Else's plight.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 10:42:34 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/7/2009 10:31:41 AM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/7/2009 10:14:40 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Who cares abouyt you jacka$$? If you have nothing construstive to say, than shut the phuck up.

I care about him, who cares about you? Apparently no one. And perhaps you should take your own advice on the "constructive" part. I suggest looking up the definition of the word constructive before pretending like you know what it means.

I suggest you mind your buisness.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:39:29 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/8/2009 10:41:39 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/7/2009 1:02:18 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Kelly you are adept at stirring up the DDO community, I will give you that much. You argue against the status quo, which I think is interesting in any situation... Reverse racism, in this instance. We have all grown up in a society where racism has been ex-communicated from our culture, and you come in here and spout racist comments with little regard to the logical holes in your arguments.

I think you could go somewhere with these points, but you need to change your style a bit. You obviously want to expose he hidden threads of anti-black racism that still exist in society, and you may yet be able to succeed, despite the efforts of many to deny it exists. But you have to stick with the facts and avoid these easy-to-attack pitfalls you keep creating. Saying there has never been a black warlord is ridiculous, and doesn't strengthen your point anyway. You are viewed as a complainer because you are too emotional and don't control your statements. Why don't you concentrate, if it's your agenda, on statistics and facts instead? You could show the average wages of minorities, talk about the glass ceiling... And you keep concentrating on blacks, which is hard to overlook when you are a black man (glaring bias). You should include American Indians, Mexicans, and perhaps Asians and Asian Indians in your analyses.

I am emotionally charged. I don't look at many statistics, because I am speaking from first hand experience. My arguments will not always be garment with charts, and statistics.

Some folks that argue on here, argue from what they see on TV, the stereotypes. I will never take advice from someone who has not experienced the harsh realities of life. It's easy to pass judgement when you live in a safe suburban neighborhood, acting as if you understand someone Else's plight.

First hand experience =/= Intelligence

A tax cut of your wages which reduces them to 1% may be fantastic for you and means you'll definitely vote for whoever enacted that, but if it put a burden of 96% on someone else, then they have a different view, obviously.

You need to be looking at the bigger picture. Constantly. Sure, it's unfortunate that a certain percentage are disadvantaged, but only so much can be done until personal responsibility needs to be applied.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:46:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/8/2009 10:42:34 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I suggest you mind your buisness.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:46:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/8/2009 11:39:29 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/8/2009 10:41:39 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/7/2009 1:02:18 PM, Rob1Billion wrote:
Kelly you are adept at stirring up the DDO community, I will give you that much. You argue against the status quo, which I think is interesting in any situation... Reverse racism, in this instance. We have all grown up in a society where racism has been ex-communicated from our culture, and you come in here and spout racist comments with little regard to the logical holes in your arguments.

I think you could go somewhere with these points, but you need to change your style a bit. You obviously want to expose he hidden threads of anti-black racism that still exist in society, and you may yet be able to succeed, despite the efforts of many to deny it exists. But you have to stick with the facts and avoid these easy-to-attack pitfalls you keep creating. Saying there has never been a black warlord is ridiculous, and doesn't strengthen your point anyway. You are viewed as a complainer because you are too emotional and don't control your statements. Why don't you concentrate, if it's your agenda, on statistics and facts instead? You could show the average wages of minorities, talk about the glass ceiling... And you keep concentrating on blacks, which is hard to overlook when you are a black man (glaring bias). You should include American Indians, Mexicans, and perhaps Asians and Asian Indians in your analyses.

I am emotionally charged. I don't look at many statistics, because I am speaking from first hand experience. My arguments will not always be garment with charts, and statistics.

Some folks that argue on here, argue from what they see on TV, the stereotypes. I will never take advice from someone who has not experienced the harsh realities of life. It's easy to pass judgement when you live in a safe suburban neighborhood, acting as if you understand someone Else's plight.

First hand experience =/= Intelligence

A tax cut of your wages which reduces them to 1% may be fantastic for you and means you'll definitely vote for whoever enacted that, but if it put a burden of 96% on someone else, then they have a different view, obviously.

I am not negligent to what things get taken away from tax paying citizens. I stated earlier that I grew p poor, so I know how it burdens those tax payers who go out to earn theirs. This very notion makes me keep striving for betterment. I did not like growing up that way, and see how your destiny rests solely on someone else.

You need to be looking at the bigger picture. Constantly. Sure, it's unfortunate that a certain percentage are disadvantaged, but only so much can be done until personal responsibility needs to be applied.

I look at the big picture. I am glad they are phasing out welfare, because it creates a society of independence in some instances, but there are some folks who fall upon hard times, and need assistance staying afloat. I have seen families with generations on welfare. It makes folks lazy, and they use it not as a crutch, but their sole means of finance, and well being.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:47:19 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/8/2009 11:46:00 AM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/8/2009 10:42:34 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I suggest you mind your buisness.



More sound bites....lol
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 11:48:38 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/8/2009 11:47:19 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I just got pwned
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2009 2:08:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 12/8/2009 10:41:39 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I am emotionally charged. I don't look at many statistics, because I am speaking from first hand experience. My arguments will not always be garment with charts, and statistics.

Your first hand experience is useless here. We don't expect your arguments to be packed with data, but they can at least be the product of logic and reasoning. You seem proud in declaring that you are emotionally charged, why is that? You expect us to believe you just because you care the most or that you make your argument using the loudest voice possible? When has that ever worked besides grade school?

I think that Rob was 100% correct in his analysis. You really need to stop thinking that emotionally charged responses are worth anything.

Some folks that argue on here, argue from what they see on TV, the stereotypes. I will never take advice from someone who has not experienced the harsh realities of life. It's easy to pass judgement when you live in a safe suburban neighborhood, acting as if you understand someone Else's plight.

Hold on a second. Why would you be taking advice from anyone here? Especially regarding this issue? If a special ed student said "1+1=2", does it make it any less true than if a mathematics professor said "1+1=2"? You need to stop the prejudice. You're on the forum and 90% of your posts are about blacks and whatever "real life street cred poverty welfare etc." you're currently discussing. If you feel like discussing this with intellectuals, what justifies the act of criticizing said intellectuals for examining your arguments in an intellectual way? If you don't like it, discuss other issues that don't rely so heavily on real life experience, or go to a different forum with a different demographic.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.