Jump to topic:

California Prison Sterlization

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 7:08:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
California prisons illegally sterilize women, sometimes through coercion: http://news.yahoo.com.... I wonder why they didn't have a problem doing this to women when they have a huge problem doing this to male rapists.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 1:55:25 PM
Who cares? Sterilize yourself, if you don't like the thought of gubbermint doing it.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 1:58:22 PM
At 7/10/2013 1:55:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Who cares? Sterilize yourself, if you don't like the thought of gubbermint doing it.

Crap I can't tell if yer serious. Enlighten me?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 2:11:56 PM
At 7/8/2013 7:08:30 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
California prisons illegally sterilize women, sometimes through coercion: http://news.yahoo.com.... I wonder why they didn't have a problem doing this to women when they have a huge problem doing this to male rapists.

"Those who refused the tubal ligation were not forced into undergoing the procedure"

Was it voluntary for the rapists? Granted, I'm actually in favor of castrating rapists in general, although I think there are some problems inherent due to our always-flawed system, but the analogy here seems terribly flawed unless I missed some news story.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:29:52 AM
This is masked eugenics:

""Over a 10-year period, that isn"t a huge amount of money," Heinrich said, "compared to what you save in welfare paying for these unwanted children " as they procreated more.""

Anyway, to address the OP, if you sterilize one man, it won't make a difference in society's ability to procreate, whereas if you sterilize one woman, there is a material difference in society's ability to procreate. As the decision seems to have a basis in economics, there is no economic reason to sterilize a man, whereas there is a basis to sterilize a woman.

This has nothing to do with the crime of rape.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 12:36:57 AM
At 7/10/2013 1:55:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

You've really gone down hill, lately.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord