Jump to topic:

Is it Jealousy or Racism?

Dave845
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 6:44:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I personally know of two situations where a married couple both white, where the wives had an affair with a black man. In both marriages the husbands said they would have been willing to work things out and go to counseling until they found out their wives had been with black men. In one of the marriages the woman had cheated with a couple different white men also, but only the black man bothered the husband. Neither husband wanted to salvage their marriage after their wives had been with black men, is it jealousy or racism?
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 10:51:59 PM
I would mind your own business and not make assumptions that it's either jealousy or racism. The information that you gave us doesn't necessarily lead to either conclusion.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 10:52:42 PM
Does it matter?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Dave845
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:46:39 AM
At 7/15/2013 10:51:59 PM, llamainmypocket wrote:
I would mind your own business and not make assumptions that it's either jealousy or racism. The information that you gave us doesn't necessarily lead to either conclusion.

It is my business, I personally know both ex-wives. The question is directed at married white men.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:53:59 AM
At 7/15/2013 6:44:17 PM, Dave845 wrote:
I personally know of two situations where a married couple both white, where the wives had an affair with a black man. In both marriages the husbands said they would have been willing to work things out and go to counseling until they found out their wives had been with black men. In one of the marriages the woman had cheated with a couple different white men also, but only the black man bothered the husband. Neither husband wanted to salvage their marriage after their wives had been with black men, is it jealousy or racism?

It's probably not wanting to be married to a whore.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 8:54:43 AM
At 7/16/2013 8:46:39 AM, Dave845 wrote:

It is my business, I personally know both ex-wives. The question is directed at married white men.

Well, it appears you're the common denominator. Why are you driving women away from their husbands?
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 2:11:51 PM
At 7/16/2013 8:46:39 AM, Dave845 wrote:

That doesn't make it your business. Am I to assume this is a subject of gossip? They want to talk trash about their husbands with you and therefore it's your business? Yeah, no! This isn't any of your business sport.
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 2:14:13 PM
At 7/16/2013 8:53:59 AM, drafterman wrote:

Yeah!

I'd divorce my hypothetical wife if she was screwing a black man and that's not racist. It's not his blackness that I have an issue with, it's that he screwing my wife!
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 2:16:06 PM
At 7/16/2013 2:14:13 PM, llamainmypocket wrote:

Yeah!

I'd divorce my hypothetical wife if she was screwing a black man and that's not racist. It's not his blackness that I have an issue with, it's that he screwing my wife!

Hypothetical conversation with wife-
Wait! So your saying that you screwed a black man? That's changes everything! It would be racist to divorce you now.
Dave845
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 5:13:09 PM
At 7/16/2013 2:16:06 PM, llamainmypocket wrote:

Yeah!

Wait! So your saying that you screwed a black man? That's changes everything! It would be racist to divorce you now.

The point is, both husbands were willing to look past the affairs until they found out the race of the man their wives were with.
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 2:37:48 AM
At 7/16/2013 5:13:09 PM, Dave845 wrote:
At 7/16/2013 2:16:06 PM, llamainmypocket wrote:

Yeah!

The point is, both husbands were willing to look past the affairs until they found out the race of the man their wives were with.

I know, I'm guilty of putting words in your mouth. I am sorry.

As for the question, I really don't know. It's none of my business.