Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Shyte Hit The Fan

MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 1:31:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This whole "Poor Trayvon! Crackers hate the Black folk!" Shyte needs to die. I am so sick and tired of the injudicious and unsagacious bullcrap that has spewed from these people. Personally, I believe Zimmerman MEANT to kill Trayvon. But that's my OPINION ladies and gentlemen of the grand jury. Yes there are Whites who are racist. Yes there are Blacks who are hated. But does that mean ALL races or Whites are racist? No. This one really has hit the fan because had Trayvon been Asian, White, Hispanic, Indian, Native American would all these enraged Blacks be protesting? Hell no! It seems to me hat some Blacks only care about equality in regards to their ethnically. That's just what I believe. Making presumptions and inaccurate statements is childish. Trayvon is unfortunately dead. He's in Heaven now. Sadly, there's nothing we can do.

Shyte really hit the fan with this one. Zinmerman is a free man. Nothing we can do to stop it. Starting riots and wanting to eliminate Zimmerman is uncalled for. Now, let's
handle this like adult ladies and gentlemen and not resort to 3rd grade behavior shall we?
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 1:36:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Even though I disagree with your opinion about the case itself, thank you for telling it like it is.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 7:21:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/16/2013 1:36:32 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Even though I disagree with your opinion about the case itself, thank you for telling it like it is.



Your welcome. I mean, it's frigging childish. I can understand being upset and talking about it once, but making it the basis of your life and being completely outraged is just whiney bullcrap. Sure there are some racist Whites. But am I going to want to shoot the jury and go on an angry mob hating all Whites in general? No!

BTW, I respect your opinion in regards to believing Zimmerman is innocent. No one knows for sure. All we can do now is wish Trayvon a happy afterlife and pray his soulvis at rest.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 7:39:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/16/2013 1:31:46 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This one really has hit the fan because had Trayvon been Asian, White, Hispanic, Indian, Native American would all these enraged Blacks be protesting?

Okay, I take issue with this statement.

One of the reasons that the protests--which I was part of, to an extent (in that I raised holy hell about it to anyone who would listen); I might point out that I'm white--happened is that there is the stereotype of black youth being thuggish and dangerous. Looking at a lot of people's ideas of Zimmerman--people saying he was a 'hero'--that's basically why the racial undertones are there. It's not just protesting the death, it's protesting the stereotype that almost certainly contributed to the death.

Because it doesn't matter if Zimmerman was consciously racist or not. We're all influenced by society's perceptions, and society views black youth in a negative light. So to some degree that stereotype is present in everyone, which is why it is important to recognize it, face it, and counter it on a conscious level.

Otherwise, spot on.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:00:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/17/2013 7:39:34 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 7/16/2013 1:31:46 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This one really has hit the fan because had Trayvon been Asian, White, Hispanic, Indian, Native American would all these enraged Blacks be protesting?

Okay,I take issue with this statement.

One of the reasons that the protests--which I was part of, to an extent (in that I raised holy hell about it to anyone who would listen); I might point out that I'm white--happened is that there is the stereotype of black youth being thuggish and dangerous. Looking at a lot of people's ideas of Zimmerman--people saying he was a 'hero'--that's basically why the racial undertones are there. It's not just protesting the death, it's protesting the stereotype that almost certainly contributed to the death.

Because it doesn't matter if Zimmerman was consciously racist or not. We're all influenced by society's perceptions, and society views black youth in a negative light. So to some degree that stereotype is present in everyone, which is why it is important to recognize it, face it, and counter it on a conscious level.

I comprehend with what your stating. I am African American and I am well aware of the negative stereotypes we recieve. I believe Zimmerman meant to assisinate that boy and was pissed when he was set free. However, I try not to make things a race issue without fully knowing the details at hand. Having said that, I do believe that there was SOME prejudiceness involved and I understanding the protesting. But the riots and wanting to shoot the jury isn't going to magically change the mind of the court amd have Zimmerman set free.


Otherwise, spot on.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:34:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
As a side note, Blacks do face discrimination. A percentage of people percieve them all as thugs and gangsters and don't even try to get to know them or not see everyone in that way. The stereotype that we are insensible and uneducated is the most demeaning in my book.

Mexicans, Arabs, Vietmanese, Red headed people and women face the most discrimination as well. As a matter of fact, there are Asians, Hispanics, Whites, Indians, etc face hate and racism as well. Someday, we will live in a world where that is nonexistent.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 1:00:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/16/2013 1:31:46 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This whole "Poor Trayvon! Crackers hate the Black folk!" Shyte needs to die. I am so sick and tired of the injudicious and unsagacious bullcrap that has spewed from these people. Personally, I believe Zimmerman MEANT to kill Trayvon. But that's my OPINION ladies and gentlemen of the grand jury. Yes there are Whites who are racist. Yes there are Blacks who are hated. But does that mean ALL races or Whites are racist? No. This one really has hit the fan because had Trayvon been Asian, White, Hispanic, Indian, Native American would all these enraged Blacks be protesting? Hell no! It seems to me hat some Blacks only care about equality in regards to their ethnically. That's just what I believe. Making presumptions and inaccurate statements is childish. Trayvon is unfortunately dead. He's in Heaven now. Sadly, there's nothing we can do.

Shyte really hit the fan with this one. Zinmerman is a free man. Nothing we can do to stop it. Starting riots and wanting to eliminate Zimmerman is uncalled for. Now, let's
handle this like adult ladies and gentlemen and not resort to 3rd grade behavior shall we?

Couldn't have said it better myself
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 3:25:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/18/2013 11:00:33 AM, MrProfound wrote:
I comprehend with what your stating. I am African American and I am well aware of the negative stereotypes we recieve. I believe Zimmerman meant to assisinate that boy and was pissed when he was set free. However, I try not to make things a race issue without fully knowing the details at hand. Having said that, I do believe that there was SOME prejudiceness involved and I understanding the protesting. But the riots and wanting to shoot the jury isn't going to magically change the mind of the court amd have Zimmerman set free.

True.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 5:02:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/18/2013 1:00:38 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 7/16/2013 1:31:46 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This whole "Poor Trayvon! Crackers hate the Black folk!" Shyte needs to die. I am so sick and tired of the injudicious and unsagacious bullcrap that has spewed from these people. Personally, I believe Zimmerman MEANT to kill Trayvon. But that's my OPINION ladies and gentlemen of the grand jury. Yes there are Whites who are racist. Yes there are Blacks who are hated. But does that mean ALL races or Whites are racist? No. This one really has hit the fan because had Trayvon been Asian, White, Hispanic, Indian, Native American would all these enraged Blacks be protesting? Hell no! It seems to me hat some Blacks only care about equality in regards to their ethnically. That's just what I believe. Making presumptions and inaccurate statements is childish. Trayvon is unfortunately dead. He's in Heaven now. Sadly, there's nothing we can

I call as I see it.

Couldn't have said it better myself
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 5:06:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/18/2013 3:25:06 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 7/18/2013 11:00:33 AM, MrProfound wrote:
I comprehend with what your stating. I am African American and I am well aware of the negative stereotypes we recieve. I believe Zimmerman meant to assisinate that boy and was pissed when he was set free. However, I try not to make things a race issue without fully knowing the details at hand. Having said that, I do believe that there was SOME prejudiceness involved and I understanding the protesting. But the riots and wanting to shoot the jury isn't going to magically change the mind of the court amd have Zimmerman set free.

True.

Thank you.