Padded Gloves Will Be Necessary

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 5:16:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/24/2013 4:54:13 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Raise your hand if you're dumb enough to buy this as an actual Christian group, rather than a homosexual fake job.

Yeah because there aren't Christian people bigoted against gays, right?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:10:21 PM
At 7/24/2013 5:16:49 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Raise your hand if you're dumb enough to buy this as an actual Christian group, rather than a homosexual fake job.

Yeah because there aren't Christian people bigoted against gays, right?

All Christians should be against homosexuality, just as they should be against other sins. So I guess you're bigoted against people who don't support homosexualism and all it's negative side effects.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:26:45 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:12:25 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I thought it was nice of them to offer financial assistance for the move, don't you guys think so??

Sure, right up there with the "you will not be safe" and the whole we-have-to-use-BB-guns-to-attack-you-but-if-we-had-real-guns-we'd-use-them thing.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:07:23 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:26:45 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I thought it was nice of them to offer financial assistance for the move, don't you guys think so??

Sure, right up there with the "you will not be safe" and the whole we-have-to-use-BB-guns-to-attack-you-but-if-we-had-real-guns-we'd-use-them thing.

That letter is so fake. Why would a group from the deep south be worried about getting lesbians to move from Canada, back into the US, when the group is from the US?? Sorry but if that group were actually in the far south they'd be busy making sure the homosexualists stayed out of their own area, not worrying about a town in Canada. I'm glad the letter didn't say anything about breaking legs...lol
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:11:01 PM

Are you being serious?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:14:59 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:11:01 PM, thett3 wrote:

Are you being serious?

Yes, relocation can be very expensive. The charity will make it a lot less stressful for them.
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:19:42 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:07:23 PM, medic0506 wrote:

That letter is so fake. Why would a group from the deep south be worried about getting lesbians to move from Canada, back into the US, when the group is from the US?? Sorry but if that group were actually in the far south they'd be busy making sure the homosexualists stayed out of their own area, not worrying about a town in Canada. I'm glad the letter didn't say anything about breaking legs...lol
Right, 'cause malicious gay-haters are rational people... If it's a fake, I hope it gets caught as such, if not...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:52:40 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:19:42 PM, the_croftmeister wrote:

Right, 'cause malicious gay-haters are rational people... If it's a fake, I hope it gets caught as such, if not...

They're rational enough to know that they wouldn't want them to move from another country, back into the US. Just the opposite is what they'd be working for. If the author gets caught, I think you're going to find it isn't what it is portrayed as.
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:56:27 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:52:40 PM, medic0506 wrote:

They're rational enough to know that they wouldn't want them to move from another country, back into the US. Just the opposite is what they'd be working for. If the author gets caught, I think you're going to find it isn't what it is portrayed as.
Well to be absolutely fair it wasn't really portrayed as anything other than a letter received by someone who is gay.
Isn't what it says? That is entirely possible. But I have met people stupid enough to send such a letter. Whether they would follow up on it, that is an entirely different question.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:53:15 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:56:27 PM, the_croftmeister wrote:
At 7/24/2013 7:52:40 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Well to be absolutely fair it wasn't really portrayed as anything other than a letter received by someone who is gay.
Isn't what it says? That is entirely possible. But I have met people stupid enough to send such a letter. Whether they would follow up on it, that is an entirely different question.

I meant to say that I think it'll show that the author didn't really have anything to do with a Christian group from the deep south US.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:12:50 PM

I remember seeing this on reddit and being outraged, but now that medic brings it up, I could actually see this being a fake. Parts of it seem fabricated. It's hard to tell.
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:17:38 PM
At 7/24/2013 8:53:15 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I meant to say that I think it'll show that the author didn't really have anything to do with a Christian group from the deep south US.
Well it doesn't actually say the members of the group are from the deep south, just that the group they are claiming membership to started there (which is infinitely more believable). Also, they didn't exclusively say they want them to go to America, they also mentioned places in Canada they could go.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:35:16 PM
Like I said, Poe's Law is in effect. I mean, we have people arguing that the Nazis were gay, and we of course have the infamous Phelps. Then we have people saying hurricanes are sent by God to punish gay people.

Honestly, in light of this, it's difficult to tell whether the person who sent it is actually homophobic.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:50:22 PM

You think a lesbian couple contacted the police after writing a series of fake threat letters to themselves?

Why?

The KKK was a Christian group. They didn't have much qualms about driving people out of neighborhoods.
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 9:53:39 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:50:22 PM, Wnope wrote:

You think a lesbian couple contacted the police after writing a series of fake threat letters to themselves?

Why?

The KKK was a Christian group. They didn't have much qualms about driving people out of neighborhoods.
Perhaps he means that such people have no right to call themselves Christians while simultaneously spouting this BS? Oh wait, no last part of the sentence.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 10:02:33 PM
At 7/24/2013 9:53:39 PM, the_croftmeister wrote:

Why?

Perhaps he means that such people have no right to call themselves Christians while simultaneously spouting this BS? Oh wait, no last part of the sentence.

Other than the bit about BB guns, it sounded like Medic might have written.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 10:26:49 PM

Why?

Why do his doubts of the letter's authenticity necessarily entail thinking the letter was written by a lesbian couple and forwarded to the police?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 10:28:42 PM
What I find interesting is that even though medic doubts the letter's authenticity (which is a perfectly valid concern), he doesn't seem to go to any lengths to even express disapproval at the letters' contents, real or not.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 12:04:28 AM
I think the letter is fake.
The tone of the letter fluctuates too wildly within the first letter, let alone between the two letters.

However, I actually am impressed with this, assuming it is real. I do not approve of the threats of violence or the insulting greeting, though.

I think this is actually a humane way to deal with someone you, as a group/city/neighborhood, don't like, for whatever reason, except for the insults and, obviously, the threats of violence.

To write a letter saying:
we don't like you
here's why
we don't want you here
please leave, and we will help you
if you don't, we will make life miserable for you (shun, not violence)

Obviously, people will disagree with the who or the why, but on principle, this is the way to go about it.

If it helps, think of a child molester that just moved to the neighborhood. Write a letter, don't physically attack him every night or break his windows or anything.

I hope people aren't taking this the wrong way...
My work here is, finally, done.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 12:07:37 AM
At 7/25/2013 12:04:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think the letter is fake.
The tone of the letter fluctuates too wildly within the first letter, let alone between the two letters.

However, I actually am impressed with this, assuming it is real. I do not approve of the threats of violence or the insulting greeting, though.

I think this is actually a humane way to deal with someone you, as a group/city/neighborhood, don't like, for whatever reason, except for the insults and, obviously, the threats of violence.

To write a letter saying:
we don't like you
here's why
we don't want you here
please leave, and we will help you
if you don't, we will make life miserable for you (shun, not violence)

Obviously, people will disagree with the who or the why, but on principle, this is the way to go about it.

If it helps, think of a child molester that just moved to the neighborhood. Write a letter, don't physically attack him every night or break his windows or anything.

I hope people aren't taking this the wrong way...

I generally find the sex offender registry/shaming tactic to be a bit fvcked up in various ways.

I know it's not really all that relevant, as it was just an example, but yeah. Wanted to just make that comment.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 12:13:05 AM
At 7/25/2013 12:07:37 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/25/2013 12:04:28 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I generally find the sex offender registry/shaming tactic to be a bit fvcked up in various ways.

In what ways?
My only problem with it is that anyone can be on it for any sex crime, which is misleading (like statutory rape).

I know it's not really all that relevant, as it was just an example, but yeah. Wanted to just make that comment.
But, isn't shunning better than violence?
Is it wrong to warn/inform others of their distaste of another?

In a strange way, it is more civil, IMO.

Just reminding people I don't condone the use of violence, insults, or even the rational of the paritulcar issue of the OP. I am speaking in principle only.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 1:16:17 AM
At 7/24/2013 10:26:49 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Why?

Why do his doubts of the letter's authenticity necessarily entail thinking the letter was written by a lesbian couple and forwarded to the police?

I was going for maximum sanity. The other option is a group of homosexuals specifically targeted these two senior citizen lesbians to start protests in CANADA.

My guess is it was done by people who want to mess with homosexuals but completely made up the "group" they were involved in. I'd be surprised if more than two people were involved.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 4:25:21 AM
At 7/24/2013 9:17:38 PM, the_croftmeister wrote:
At 7/24/2013 8:53:15 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Well it doesn't actually say the members of the group are from the deep south, just that the group they are claiming membership to started there (which is infinitely more believable).

Fair point, but I think that if they were a part of a group large enough to be connected to the PD and able to provide financial assistance, their tactics would be a bit more professional.

Also, they didn't exclusively say they want them to go to America, they also mentioned places in Canada they could go.

They said Vancouver, but preferably San Francisco.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 4:36:49 AM

I'm not necessarily saying that they are the ones perpetrating the fraud, but I could certainly see it being staged for attention.

Yeah they were about as Christian as Hitler, aside from that though, your point is a fair one. I could easily see groups rising up, similar to the KKK, in response to homosexuality.