Jump to topic:

Who was in the wrong?

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 6:37:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So the guy called the police in what it sounds like is robbery situation. He says he was physically harmed, and choked out by the robber too.

As the police get there, he starts acting really rude, because it took them over 45 minutes to get there. He also claims the dispatcher was rude to him over the phone.

Anyways, the cop get's defensive, and the guy gets all uppity and threatening. The cop slaps him, and throws him to the ground, pressing his knee into his chest. Keep in mind the victim was already undergoing abuse pretty recently.

Anyways, even after the guy gets up and appolagizes, the cop continues to be a d1ck. I think the soldier wasn't definitely wrong in his threatening approach, but I really don't think the cop should have re-acted the way he did, and to that level.

Both were wrong in my opinion.

I think the cops should have stopped focusing so much on that incident, and finally got to the reason they were supposed to be there in the first place.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 2:59:37 AM
At 7/31/2013 6:37:24 PM, TUF wrote:

So the guy called the police in what it sounds like is robbery situation. He says he was physically harmed, and choked out by the robber too.

As the police get there, he starts acting really rude, because it took them over 45 minutes to get there. He also claims the dispatcher was rude to him over the phone.

Anyways, the cop get's defensive, and the guy gets all uppity and threatening. The cop slaps him, and throws him to the ground, pressing his knee into his chest. Keep in mind the victim was already undergoing abuse pretty recently.

Anyways, even after the guy gets up and appolagizes, the cop continues to be a d1ck. I think the soldier wasn't definitely wrong in his threatening approach, but I really don't think the cop should have re-acted the way he did, and to that level.

I think the cops should have stopped focusing so much on that incident, and finally got to the reason they were supposed to be there in the first place.

The guy was venting his frustration and that cop got in his face for it. The cop threw the punch without any warning. That cop should lose his job, and so should his partner if it wasn't reported to their authorities.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 8:42:56 AM
At 8/1/2013 2:59:37 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/31/2013 6:37:24 PM, TUF wrote:

The guy was venting his frustration and that cop got in his face for it. The cop threw the punch without any warning. That cop should lose his job, and so should his partner if it wasn't reported to their authorities.

Agreed, although I would maybe send him back into training on how to diffuse people and give him another chance at it. It is tough being a cop and they have a lot of latitude as to when they get to use force.

This was clearly a time he did not need to step up to the army dude and confront him and use force. They are suppose to be on the same side for jiminy crickets.