medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:04:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://radio.foxnews.com...

http://www.doe.mass.edu...

Students have to be allowed to use whichever bathroom or shower room they want?? Parents can't be notified of their child's behavior without a hassle?? Students who feel uncomfortable about boys using the girls room have no recourse and may risk disciplinary action for not affirming that thing's gender neutrality??

WTF is wrong with you people up there?? How far will this be taken before people realize how nuckin' futs these people are, and begin fighting back??
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:09:12 PM
I think it's only fair that females should have to sit on piss-covered toilet seats given that they could've aborted us males and we don't get a choice about that.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 11:07:47 PM
Well at least you included the almost-full LGBTQ acronym. Although commonly now the full thing is LGBTQA, or LGBTQ+.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 11:22:38 PM
So what are you suggesting as an alternative? Schools construct a third set of bathrooms for transgendered people?

Or have you not actually thought this through yet?
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:08:43 AM
At 8/6/2013 11:22:38 PM, Drayson wrote:
So what are you suggesting as an alternative? Schools construct a third set of bathrooms for transgendered people?

Unisex bathrooms with gender-specific sub-rooms. Or transgender people could just suck it up and use the one that correlates with their physical sex at the moment.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:14:29 AM
The difference in quality between men's rooms and women's rooms are so horrendous. It is worse than the drinking fountains way back when. This "separate but equal" thing is outrageous!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:23:57 AM
At 8/6/2013 11:22:38 PM, Drayson wrote:

No, I suggest they tell boys to use the boys room and girls to use the girls room. You really can tell which is which, ya know. This isn't that difficult to figure out, in fact it was figured out long ago until this LGBTQRSHAC crap.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:29:02 AM
At 8/7/2013 12:14:29 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
The difference in quality between men's rooms and women's rooms are so horrendous. It is worse than the drinking fountains way back when. This "separate but equal" thing is outrageous!

That's because boys don't have any fear of being punished for tearing the heck out of property. Bring back the Board of Education and that won't take long to change.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 10:23:51 AM
At 8/6/2013 11:07:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Well at least you included the almost-full LGBTQ acronym. Although commonly now the full thing is LGBTQA, or LGBTQ+.

I'll never get it right because it seems to keep growing and I don't keep up with all your definitions and acronyms. At least I was being nice about it, I've seen some people use the LGBTQHIVAIDS acronym.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 10:28:12 AM
At 8/6/2013 5:04:50 PM, medic0506 wrote:

WTF is wrong with you people up there?? How far will this be taken before people realize how nuckin' futs these people are, and begin fighting back??

Till you break their legs, medic. Till you break their legs.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 10:37:05 AM
At 8/7/2013 10:23:51 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I'll never get it right because it seems to keep growing and I don't keep up with all your definitions and acronyms. At least I was being nice about it, I've seen some people use the LGBTQHIVAIDS acronym.

Lucky you maintained your high standard of conduct and didn't mention it at all, really.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 10:54:46 AM
On the subject at hand I am fine with pretty much everything mentioned besides 2 things:

- Teachers can't tell parents if their kid wants to be the opposite gender at school

- Kids are forced to encourage transgender students decisions.

No one should be forced to encourage or discourage a behavior.

Also, while I am against coercion, it's OK for a parent to be authority, and schools are directly challenging this authority now.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 10:56:51 AM
At 8/7/2013 10:54:46 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
On the subject at hand I am fine with pretty much everything mentioned besides 2 things:

- Teachers can't tell parents if their kid wants to be the opposite gender at school

Also, while I am against coercion, it's OK for a parent to be authority, and schools are directly challenging this authority now.

I disagree about the parent issue. There are ultimately some things that a parent cannot, and should not, be an authority on. Sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression are included.

ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:02:40 AM
At 8/7/2013 10:56:51 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I disagree about the parent issue. There are ultimately some things that a parent cannot, and should not, be an authority on. Sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression are included.

I agree, I guess I did a bad job with phrasing that.

What I essentially mean is that by encouraging students to directly hide something from their parents, they are challenging parental authority, Of course it shouldn't be a parents business to tell their kid what sexual orientation they can/cannot be, but a teacher=/= a parent, a parent should know if their kid is LGBTQ so they can try to guide their child through it, that is not a teacher's job, and attempting to make an authoritarian mandate that outlaws societal coercion will not stop it, in fact it will probably make it worse.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:03:59 AM
What I meant about that last thing is that attempting to outlaw coercion will not stop coercion, just like trying to outlaw religion won't stop people from practicing it in private.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:16:00 AM

How is "LGBTQRSTUVism" nice? It's tantamount to saying "cancer smancer" to someone who tells you they have cancer.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:18:01 AM
At 8/7/2013 10:28:12 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/6/2013 5:04:50 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Till you break their legs, medic. Till you break their legs.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:22:28 AM
At 8/7/2013 11:02:40 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

What I essentially mean is that by encouraging students to directly hide something from their parents, they are challenging parental authority, Of course it shouldn't be a parents business to tell their kid what sexual orientation they can/cannot be, but a teacher=/= a parent, a parent should know if their kid is LGBTQ so they can try to guide their child through it, that is not a teacher's job, and attempting to make an authoritarian mandate that outlaws societal coercion will not stop it, in fact it will probably make it worse.

No.

Sorry to sound so blunt, but here's the thing. Having gone through it myself, the process of coming out of the closet is one that cannot and should not be rushed. Children have to be able to come out to people as they see fit. The thing is that you presume that a parent always is accepting or helpful in response to their child coming out. The thing is, the confidentiality issue isn't about giving teachers any authority, but acknowledging that a child, or really any person, has to have the authority and autonomy to control how they come out, to whom, and when. It's rarely a good idea for a parent to learn about their child's sexual orientation any other way than directly from their child's mouth.

Trust me on this one.

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:24:27 AM
At 8/7/2013 11:16:00 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

How is "LGBTQRSTUVism" nice? It's tantamount to saying "cancer smancer" to someone who tells you they have cancer.

Good point, I've always thought of it as a cancer to our society, as well.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:25:03 AM
At 8/7/2013 11:24:27 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Well, I just set you up for that one, didn't I....
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:26:55 AM
At 8/7/2013 11:25:03 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Yep
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:28:13 AM

You failed when you thought you could fruitfully interact with him on the same level as a human being. It's best to just repeat his own tripe back at him. Like a dog barking at its reflection in the mirror.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:54:38 AM
At 8/7/2013 11:28:13 AM, drafterman wrote:

You failed when you thought you could fruitfully interact with him on the same level as a human being. It's best to just repeat his own tripe back at him. Like a dog barking at its reflection in the mirror.

Lol agreed. But if he's going to bash non-straight people, I'd at least like him to acknowledge when and where he does so...that much I believe he is capable of (but only because he's proud of it).
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 11:57:46 AM

Grouping asexuals in with gays is absurd. I am asexual and I have no connection with that community, nor do I want to have any connection with that community. Further, many in the gay community are openly hostile towards asexuals. Don't lump me in with them.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:03:17 PM
At 8/7/2013 11:22:28 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/7/2013 11:02:40 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

No.

Sorry to sound so blunt, but here's the thing. Having gone through it myself, the process of coming out of the closet is one that cannot and should not be rushed. Children have to be able to come out to people as they see fit. The thing is that you presume that a parent always is accepting or helpful in response to their child coming out. The thing is, the confidentiality issue isn't about giving teachers any authority, but acknowledging that a child, or really any person, has to have the authority and autonomy to control how they come out, to whom, and when. It's rarely a good idea for a parent to learn about their child's sexual orientation any other way than directly from their child's mouth.

Trust me on this one.

Subjectively I agree, but objectively I was primarily talking about how the current government and school system promotes undermining parental authority with things such as anonymity if you want contraceptives as a minor or not needing parental consent for abortions, and in this case being allowed, or more or less forced to lie to parents (lie of omission).
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:04:45 PM
At 8/7/2013 11:57:46 AM, TN05 wrote:

Grouping asexuals in with gays is absurd. I am asexual and I have no connection with that community, nor do I want to have any connection with that community. Further, many in the gay community are openly hostile towards asexuals. Don't lump me in with them.

I think they just do that because they are lumping in all minorities of sexual orientation, we don't think you're gay, you can call off the lynch now. xaxa
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 12:08:58 PM
At 8/7/2013 12:04:45 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 8/7/2013 11:57:46 AM, TN05 wrote:

I think they just do that because they are lumping in all minorities of sexual orientation, we don't think you're gay, you can call off the lynch now. xaxa

They try to lump everyone in; they're even starting to lump in some straight people.