Jump to topic:

Canadian Muslim Terrorists

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:40:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
How do we prevent people from being so f*cking retarded that they wish to kill innocent people, how would this solve, or help, anything.

And I'm not "islamophobic", but c'mon, even those in the "modern" world, with lots of sources at their disposal, and educational opportunities, still feel that killing random people is worthwhile, and somehow useful.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:49:42 AM
I heard of the sentencing today, I don't recall hearing much about the case previously.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:19:55 AM
The Toronto 18 (technically now, the Toronto 12) are a very odd case. No one exactly knows the circumstances, and no one can tell us exactly what was going to happen, except for some targets and shock-value snippets. The reason you haven't heard much is because this case was kept low key and to be honest, the prosecutors never had an amazing case against most members.

I'm not saying that weren't plotting anything, but there has been a lot of doubt thrown on the situation that makes me wonder...

Anyways, these types of situations have never been limited to Islamics. Individuals are always looking towards some sort of 'higher calling,' even if they have every opportunity at their disposal to make their lives better and their message heard without violence. It is a lot less common when the opportunities are present, but it certainly isn't wiped out. It is just human nature to be stupid.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 12:07:31 PM
At 12/14/2009 11:19:55 AM, Volkov wrote:
The Toronto 18 (technically now, the Toronto 12) are a very odd case. No one exactly knows the circumstances, and no one can tell us exactly what was going to happen, except for some targets and shock-value snippets. The reason you haven't heard much is because this case was kept low key and to be honest, the prosecutors never had an amazing case against most members.

I'm not saying that weren't plotting anything, but there has been a lot of doubt thrown on the situation that makes me wonder...

Anyways, these types of situations have never been limited to Islamics. Individuals are always looking towards some sort of 'higher calling,' even if they have every opportunity at their disposal to make their lives better and their message heard without violence. It is a lot less common when the opportunities are present, but it certainly isn't wiped out. It is just human nature to be stupid.

Well said.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 12:37:50 PM
At 12/14/2009 12:09:18 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Somebody is beginning to sound alot like Banker...

do you have any suggestions as to how we keep people from being so ridiculous as to try to kill lots of innocent people, acting in a way that won't accomplish anything at all.

Or do you understand where they too are coming from, as you said with Mr. Osama Bin Laden, and just dissaprove of their tactics?

Or do you think this plot was also an inside job, if not planned by Bush then by his Canadian equivalent??

Metaphysics:
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 12:49:16 PM
At 12/14/2009 12:37:50 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Or do you think this plot was also an inside job, if not planned by Bush then by his Canadian equivalent??

Bahahah. You have no idea how true that statement is.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 12:54:06 PM
At 12/14/2009 12:49:16 PM, Volkov wrote:

planned by his Canadian equivalent?

Or the implication that she thinks Bush plotted 9/11?

or both?

Metaphysics:
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 12:56:04 PM
At 12/14/2009 12:54:06 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/14/2009 12:49:16 PM, Volkov wrote:

planned by his Canadian equivalent?

Or the implication that she thinks Bush plotted 9/11?

or both?

Neither. Just the "Bush's Canadian equivalent" part, in more than just the nature of the position. Stephen Harper is Bush-lite.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 1:00:50 PM
At 12/14/2009 12:56:04 PM, Volkov wrote:

Neither. Just the "Bush's Canadian equivalent" part, in more than just the nature of the position. Stephen Harper is Bush-lite.

kind of like how Canada's America-lite ;) lol

Metaphysics:
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 1:04:08 PM
At 12/14/2009 1:00:50 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/14/2009 12:56:04 PM, Volkov wrote:

kind of like how Canada's America-lite ;) lol

Psh. Still waiting for our Obama. -.-

Anyways, in relation to the actual subject, CBC did an excellent cover of the Toronto 18 story that went in-depth, including the controversy surrounding some of the evidence and prosecution. I'd give it a look if you're actually interested in the case. http://www.cbc.ca...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 1:06:11 PM
gracias

Metaphysics:
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 2:35:55 PM

I know this is off-topic, but in my 10th grade History class we were asked who knew the name of the American vice-president, and everyone knew. Then we were told that a survey of U.S. university students (so the country's "bright") showed that less than 2% know the name of our Prime Minister. Sad, sad, world.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 2:51:18 PM
At 12/14/2009 2:35:55 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:

I know this is off-topic, but in my 10th grade History class we were asked who knew the name of the American vice-president, and everyone knew. Then we were told that a survey of U.S. university students (so the country's "bright") showed that less than 2% know the name of our Prime Minister. Sad, sad, world.

lol. I've heard of stephen harper before.
Though I think most here havn't really

I just meant bush's evil conspiratorial "equivalent"

Metaphysics:
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 3:28:09 PM
At 12/14/2009 2:51:18 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Though I think most here havn't really

Harper could fit under that category as well.

And is it really any surprise Americans don't know Harper? Hell, I advocate people to be informed yet even I don't expect people of another country to know who the PM of Canada is.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 3:29:14 PM

Though I think most here (in America that is) havn't really

Metaphysics:
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 8:06:52 PM

Oh okay, makes sense haha I thought you meant the equivalent of your "President" :p

And is it really any surprise Americans don't know Harper? Hell, I advocate people
to be informed yet even I don't expect people of another country to know who the
PM of Canada is.

I bet other countries that are supposed to be as close as Canada and the U.S. are to each other know who each other's leaders are (China-Japan, India-Pakistan, France-England, Nigeria-Ghana). I'm not expecting other countries to know who our leader is, but at least the one that's geographically, politically, and socially close.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:08:55 PM
At 12/14/2009 8:06:52 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
I bet other countries that are supposed to be as close as Canada and the U.S. are to each other know who each other's leaders are (China-Japan, India-Pakistan, France-England, Nigeria-Ghana). I'm not expecting other countries to know who our leader is, but at least the one that's geographically, politically, and socially close.

The leaders may, but f*cked if the populace gives a damn. What would they care unless the knowledge will benefit them somehow?
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 3:13:56 PM
At 12/14/2009 11:08:55 PM, Volkov wrote:

The leaders may, but f*cked if the populace gives a damn. What would they care unless the knowledge will benefit them somehow?

True I guess. I apologize for hi-jacking the thread!
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 3:23:33 PM
At 12/15/2009 3:13:56 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/14/2009 11:08:55 PM, Volkov wrote:

True I guess. I apologize for hi-jacking the thread!

Its no biggie - its what the forums are all about! xD