Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Should racism be more significant?

Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 2:45:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Racism is basically an ignorant ideology that teaches people to make fallacious generalizations out of indignation.

I personally think racism will never be completely eliminated due to bad parenting and the media. It really comes down to what children are exposed to at a young age and how that translates into adulthood.

As you stated the best way to overcome this is to teach our children how not to discriminate against another race through our school system. Which honestly, it really doesn't attempt to do this effectively. Just learning about disparate cultures, races, and ethnicities isn't enough.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 3:56:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 2:45:32 PM, Disquisition wrote:
Racism is basically an ignorant ideology that teaches people to make fallacious generalizations out of indignation.

I personally think racism will never be completely eliminated due to bad parenting and the media. It really comes down to what children are exposed to at a young age and how that translates into adulthood.

As you stated the best way to overcome this is to teach our children how not to discriminate against another race through our school system. Which honestly, it really doesn't attempt to do this effectively. Just learning about disparate cultures, races, and ethnicities isn't enough.

Yea you are right. But what does this mean for us. I mean dont we have the right to live in this country free form persecution. I understand the concept of free speech but racism has an ugly past in this country, and an ugly present and future for that matter.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 4:13:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

I should have been more specific, lol.

There are two ways to "eliminate those differences". One is of course a Hitler-esque solution. However, another is something I remember picking up on in a movie, I think it was Bulworth. Basically, we need to interbreed until we all become mutts.

About outlawing racism, IMHO that would be like outlawing the color blue. How would you do it?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 4:39:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 4:13:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

I should have been more specific, lol.

There are two ways to "eliminate those differences". One is of course a Hitler-esque solution. However, another is something I remember picking up on in a movie, I think it was Bulworth. Basically, we need to interbreed until we all become mutts.

About outlawing racism, IMHO that would be like outlawing the color blue. How would you do it?

Good question. I think it just be to much work to outlaw everyword and instance that people are racist. Expect over the internet. It is far to easy for site admins to monitor when user are saying. Atleast in the public domain. Instead I'd focus on the more public displays. Like the one in the article for example. No jail time. I dont think racism itslelf deserves jail time. But fines, oh i'd charge those up the wazoo.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mrs.lynch
Posts: 54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 5:44:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well let's be honest here... A little bit of racism is sometimes understandable. I've seen plenty of rowdy black people cause crimes in my peaceful neighborhoods. Even more than whites, or any other race. :P

But I agree that not all black people are like this. But can we really blame America for a little bit of racism? XD
AlbinoBunny
Posts: 3,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 7:51:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?

I don't see why you'd need a class dedicated to it. You need a good citizen class, probably.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 10:16:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Racism will always be here. As long as people are different, there will be separation and people thinking their race is better than another. People naturally gravitate towards people who either look similar or do similar things. Since it is easier to judge by appearance, people will stick with those who look similar and will begin to do similar things as those who look like them.
As long as these people stick together, they will begin to act like a cult and immediately think that theirs is better than everyone else. Thus, we get a bunch of people who think their race is better than the others. Hence, racism.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 10:28:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?

People need a reason to unite and find similarities. A class on the subject would not help, but a mutual feeling of a necessary revolution probably would.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 11:20:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 7:51:05 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?

I don't see why you'd need a class dedicated to it. You need a good citizen class, probably.

Fine call it a good citizen class. My point is that we expect people to just grow up and not be racist. It is something we need to be actively working toward.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 11:40:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 10:28:17 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?

People need a reason to unite and find similarities. A class on the subject would not help, but a mutual feeling of a necessary revolution probably would.

I think it would help. People generally don't want to be seen as racist. Thats why it is so publically scrutinized but not so much when nobodies watching. Over the internet for example. It seems that we aren't really learning to not be racist but instead learning how to make others think we aren't racist. And that concept I think is the underlined problem with racism.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 11:49:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 11:40:39 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 10:28:17 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?

People need a reason to unite and find similarities. A class on the subject would not help, but a mutual feeling of a necessary revolution probably would.

I think it would help. People generally don't want to be seen as racist. Thats why it is so publically scrutinized but not so much when nobodies watching. Over the internet for example. It seems that we aren't really learning to not be racist but instead learning how to make others think we aren't racist. And that concept I think is the underlined problem with racism.

Not classifying someones behavior based on their ethnicity but for their individuality can not be learned. It can only be accepted. You can't teach someone that we are individuals, they have to accept it on their own accord.
I also corrected my statement. I said it wouldn't help much.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 1:27:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 11:49:43 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 8/13/2013 11:40:39 AM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 10:28:17 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 8/12/2013 2:24:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
I wanted to start this topic because of an article I just read that kind of upset me.

http://sports.yahoo.com...

Got me thinking; How important is racism in this country? Should this even matter? Do you think the country should be doing more to eliminate racism?

In my opinion, every schools need a " lets not be a racist" class. Maybe a bit much but we all could stand to learn a few lessons. Do we really believe the issue of racsim(because it is still an issue) is going to go away by handling it on this case-by-case basis? The only time racism really even exist in this country is when it's thrown in front of the public. I can't say how many times I've gone to ebaums world to watch some videos and seen a slew of racist comments. There all over the net. And the almost always go unnoticed. So, what do you think?

People need a reason to unite and find similarities. A class on the subject would not help, but a mutual feeling of a necessary revolution probably would.

I think it would help. People generally don't want to be seen as racist. Thats why it is so publically scrutinized but not so much when nobodies watching. Over the internet for example. It seems that we aren't really learning to not be racist but instead learning how to make others think we aren't racist. And that concept I think is the underlined problem with racism.

Not classifying someones behavior based on their ethnicity but for their individuality can not be learned. It can only be accepted. You can't teach someone that we are individuals, they have to accept it on their own accord.
I also corrected my statement. I said it wouldn't help much.

I agree that they would have to accept it on their own but I do think that it can be learned. Although it'd come down to wether or not they chooseto practice what they have learned. I wouldn't want the class to try and brainwash people. They need to be able to make a conscious choice to change their ways. Thats how we would know if the program truely worked.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 1:38:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.

Yea by I am talking about a world where it is not.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 1:40:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 5:44:45 AM, Mrs.lynch wrote:
Well let's be honest here... A little bit of racism is sometimes understandable. I've seen plenty of rowdy black people cause crimes in my peaceful neighborhoods. Even more than whites, or any other race. :P

But I agree that not all black people are like this. But can we really blame America for a little bit of racism? XD

Thank you poster child.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 2:01:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 1:38:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.

Yea by I am talking about a world where it is not.

Why would you ever want it not to? What would be classified as racist? Who would deem that appropriate? How does context effect racism e.g. Could comedians be classified as racist for using "nigger" in routines? How would you police this law?

This is a stupid world that you speak of.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 2:08:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 2:01:39 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2013 1:38:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.

Yea by I am talking about a world where it is not.

Why would you ever want it not to? What would be classified as racist? Who would deem that appropriate? How does context effect racism e.g. Could comedians be classified as racist for using "nigger" in routines? How would you police this law?


The world is stupid because it rejects racism? Or because it tries to reject it?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 2:18:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 2:08:26 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 2:01:39 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2013 1:38:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.

Yea by I am talking about a world where it is not.

Why would you ever want it not to? What would be classified as racist? Who would deem that appropriate? How does context effect racism e.g. Could comedians be classified as racist for using "nigger" in routines? How would you police this law?


The world is stupid because it rejects racism? Or because it tries to reject it?

Pathetic emotional straw man.

Not restricting freedom of speech laws is not the equivalent of condoning racism. Making something illegal does very little for its usage if the problem (if it's even a problem) is a social/cultural "problem."

Also, to answer your question, "yes" to both.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 2:28:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd have to agree with the general gist here.

There isn't a feasible way you could regulate racism and there would never be a world where it doesn't exist. All we can do is attempt to educate people how not participate in racism, with the hope that they will refrain from doing it.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 2:45:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.

Institutional racism is illegal (Charter of Rights and Freedoms).
yang.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:00:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In a truly unracist society, would there be white slaves along side the black ones in a Roots remake?

The fact is, racism is only as bad as people make it out to be, and people need to be aware that there is "good" racism and "bad" racism. Not hiring someone who is black because you think they are all inferior is bad, but having an all black college can be a good thing. And refusing to hire a white guy to portray President Obama in a movie is just practical, but based on race, isn't it.

Maybe, the issue will be lessened when people realize that racism isn't inherently bad, and there are other factors in play other than race that people use to prejudge others, like the way they dress.
My work here is, finally, done.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:21:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 2:18:00 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2013 2:08:26 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 2:01:39 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/13/2013 1:38:41 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 3:47:28 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/12/2013 4:10:54 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/12/2013 3:25:23 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
I think racism stems from one simple concept - that there are differences between people. The only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate those differences, one way or another.

Well thats a grimm reality that never crossed my mind. I agree. But that furture is unforeseeable. What if racism was outlawed? Do you think that would decrease racism or open another can of worms?

Racism is protected under freedom of speech laws.

Yea by I am talking about a world where it is not.

Why would you ever want it not to? What would be classified as racist? Who would deem that appropriate? How does context effect racism e.g. Could comedians be classified as racist for using "nigger" in routines? How would you police this law?


The world is stupid because it rejects racism? Or because it tries to reject it?

Pathetic emotional straw man.

Not restricting freedom of speech laws is not the equivalent of condoning racism. Making something illegal does very little for its usage if the problem (if it's even a problem) is a social/cultural "problem."

Also, to answer your question, "yes" to both.

"Pathetic emotional straw man."

Maybe but it's a valid question because rejecting racism is the point of the topic.

"Not restricting freedom of speech laws is not the equivalent of condoning racism"

I never said this. Infact I never even said outlawing racism would fix it I just asked if it would then gave an example as to how it could possibely be done. Infact I gave my opinion on what I would do to counter racism. Please refer back to that comment. But it's clear that your views on racism differ form mine. You probably havn't had as much experience with racism .Atleast on the losing side of it. I say this because it doesn't even look like you sure if racism is a problem or not.

"(if it's even a problem)"

Maybe it's not a problem for you but anyone who has been on the losing side will tell you that any step, no matter how little, in the right direction would be a welcomed victory. So if a little positive change is all the law yielded, it's worth it.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:33:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 5:44:45 AM, Mrs.lynch wrote:
Well let's be honest here... A little bit of racism is sometimes understandable. I've seen plenty of rowdy black people cause crimes in my peaceful neighborhoods. Even more than whites, or any other race. :P

But I agree that not all black people are like this. But can we really blame America for a little bit of racism? XD

I've seen plenty of white people do this too. Plenty of Asians and Latinos too. Also plenty of raccoons, bears, and dogs, too, turning over trash cans and being pests and what not.

Why single out blacks for a statement like this?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:38:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 3:33:39 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/13/2013 5:44:45 AM, Mrs.lynch wrote:
Well let's be honest here... A little bit of racism is sometimes understandable. I've seen plenty of rowdy black people cause crimes in my peaceful neighborhoods. Even more than whites, or any other race. :P

But I agree that not all black people are like this. But can we really blame America for a little bit of racism? XD

I've seen plenty of white people do this too. Plenty of Asians and Latinos too. Also plenty of raccoons, bears, and dogs, too, turning over trash cans and being pests and what not.

Why single out blacks for a statement like this?

And nice last name, BTW. Very appropriate for this thread, if I do say so myself.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2013 3:41:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/13/2013 1:40:06 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 8/13/2013 5:44:45 AM, Mrs.lynch wrote:
Well let's be honest here... A little bit of racism is sometimes understandable. I've seen plenty of rowdy black people cause crimes in my peaceful neighborhoods. Even more than whites, or any other race. :P

But I agree that not all black people are like this. But can we really blame America for a little bit of racism? XD

Thank you poster child.

I also wanted to say that I laughed pretty hard when I read this...=)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?