Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gender for Dummies, Illustrated Version

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 6:29:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
https://www.youtube.com...

*Caution: Video contains medical drawings of the human anatomy which may not be appropriate for younger viewers.

*Caution: Video contains common sense which is known to trigger sensitivities in leftists. Viewer discretion is advised.

Click on the link to see video #1 first, it won't embed.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 7:02:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 6:33:16 PM, Fractals wrote:
Common sense; the last refuge for the random Internet hate monger.

Hey, don't say I didn't warn you that your sensitivities might be triggered. If you chose not to read before pushing the play button it's your own fault. Now go take a Xanax and lay down for a few minutes, you'll be ok.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 7:14:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So...it takes seven minutes for a guy to show two pictures and rap about how he hates the idea of accepting transgenders in society?

I will never get tired of people who think society is "being destroyed" by transgendered. It's like watching "race realists" whine about how segregation is what's best for everyone.

The "jews are ruining society" are usually a bit more boring. Then again, "young people are ruining society" is a classic. So is "immigrants are ruining society."

There's this innate feeling in them which they just KNOW what society ought to look like and which group needs to be targeted in order for that to come about.

Whether x is blacks ruining an Aryan society, Muslims ruining a Christian society, Catholics ruining protestant society.

It's one thing to complain about transgenders using bathrooms. Quite another to assert that this in the least bit is some sign of "ruining civilization."

That's just hilarious.
YYW
Posts: 36,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 7:17:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 7:14:49 PM, Wnope wrote:
It's one thing to complain about transgenders using bathrooms. Quite another to assert that this in the least bit is some sign of "ruining civilization."

That's just hilarious.
Tsar of DDO
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 7:49:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 7:14:49 PM, Wnope wrote:
So...it takes seven minutes for a guy to show two pictures and rap about how he hates the idea of accepting transgenders in society?

I will never get tired of people who think society is "being destroyed" by transgendered. It's like watching "race realists" whine about how segregation is what's best for everyone.

The "jews are ruining society" are usually a bit more boring. Then again, "young people are ruining society" is a classic. So is "immigrants are ruining society."

There's this innate feeling in them which they just KNOW what society ought to look like and which group needs to be targeted in order for that to come about.

Whether x is blacks ruining an Aryan society, Muslims ruining a Christian society, Catholics ruining protestant society.

It's one thing to complain about transgenders using bathrooms. Quite another to assert that this in the least bit is some sign of "ruining civilization."

That's just hilarious.

Yes, lack of common sense is ruining society.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:34:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 7:49:09 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/19/2013 7:14:49 PM, Wnope wrote:
So...it takes seven minutes for a guy to show two pictures and rap about how he hates the idea of accepting transgenders in society?

I will never get tired of people who think society is "being destroyed" by transgendered. It's like watching "race realists" whine about how segregation is what's best for everyone.

The "jews are ruining society" are usually a bit more boring. Then again, "young people are ruining society" is a classic. So is "immigrants are ruining society."

There's this innate feeling in them which they just KNOW what society ought to look like and which group needs to be targeted in order for that to come about.

Whether x is blacks ruining an Aryan society, Muslims ruining a Christian society, Catholics ruining protestant society.

It's one thing to complain about transgenders using bathrooms. Quite another to assert that this in the least bit is some sign of "ruining civilization."

That's just hilarious.

Yes, lack of common sense is ruining society.

Oh? And whose common sense is right? Yours, the race realist, the aryan, the anti-muslim christians, the anti-protestant catholics, etc?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 7:10:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/19/2013 9:34:33 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/19/2013 7:49:09 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/19/2013 7:14:49 PM, Wnope wrote:
So...it takes seven minutes for a guy to show two pictures and rap about how he hates the idea of accepting transgenders in society?

I will never get tired of people who think society is "being destroyed" by transgendered. It's like watching "race realists" whine about how segregation is what's best for everyone.

The "jews are ruining society" are usually a bit more boring. Then again, "young people are ruining society" is a classic. So is "immigrants are ruining society."

There's this innate feeling in them which they just KNOW what society ought to look like and which group needs to be targeted in order for that to come about.

Whether x is blacks ruining an Aryan society, Muslims ruining a Christian society, Catholics ruining protestant society.

It's one thing to complain about transgenders using bathrooms. Quite another to assert that this in the least bit is some sign of "ruining civilization."

That's just hilarious.

Yes, lack of common sense is ruining society.

Oh? And whose common sense is right? Yours,

Penis- boy, vagina- girl, is a good place to start. If someone says that an otherwise normal kid that has a penis identifies as a girl, and buys into that story, you can bet that person has abandoned common sense.

the race realist, the aryan, the anti-muslim christians, the anti-protestant catholics, etc?

What does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China??
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 7:19:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Medic's obsession with rigid gender enforcement makes me thing he is a troubled hermaphrodite that is looking for external validation.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 12:25:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 7:19:11 AM, drafterman wrote:
Medic's obsession with rigid gender enforcement makes me thing he is a troubled hermaphrodite that is looking for external validation.

You're defending the side that says that girls have penises and boys have vaginas, yet you call me the one who is troubled...HAHAHAHAHA...Go fix your make up and play with your Barbie doll, little boy.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 3:04:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've never liked transgender people. They smell weird and their bone structure is wrong.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 1:27:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Transgenders are victims! They are victims of something called "Reality".
In other related news, Napoleon Bonaparte claims that he is a victim of discrimination because there exist people who are taller than him.

We are all victims of reality. I want to be omniscient. I wish I was born rich. I was I had super powers. Guess what? I have to deal with it.
Transgenders have to realize that the world will not bend to work the way we intended to, that is the definition of "Delusion". Pretending something will not make it true, pretending they are something they are not is not being tolerant or compassionate, it is lying to them and ourselves. Seriously, the whole thing is very silly.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 4:24:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/21/2013 12:25:18 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/20/2013 7:19:11 AM, drafterman wrote:
Medic's obsession with rigid gender enforcement makes me thing he is a troubled hermaphrodite that is looking for external validation.

You're defending the side that says that girls have penises and boys have vaginas, yet you call me the one who is troubled...HAHAHAHAHA...Go fix your make up and play with your Barbie doll, little boy.

No, he's defending the side that says the terms girl and boy are not as rigidly defined as you believe, and that people should be allowed to label themselves. I'm curious, why do you care whether people call themselvess a girl or a boy?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 4:28:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As someone once said: "Common sense is what tells you that the world is flat."
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 8:43:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 4:24:03 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/21/2013 12:25:18 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/20/2013 7:19:11 AM, drafterman wrote:
Medic's obsession with rigid gender enforcement makes me thing he is a troubled hermaphrodite that is looking for external validation.

You're defending the side that says that girls have penises and boys have vaginas, yet you call me the one who is troubled...HAHAHAHAHA...Go fix your make up and play with your Barbie doll, little boy.

No, he's defending the side that says the terms girl and boy are not as rigidly defined as you believe, and that people should be allowed to label themselves. I'm curious, why do you care whether people call themselvess a girl or a boy?

One reason I care is because I hate to see young people so confused about themselves that they can't even determine the most simple of all things about themselves, whether they are a boy or a girl. We, meaning society, are allowing confused adults to spread their confusion to our kids and making them think they can be something they can't, rather than accepting what they are. And even though a good number of people really do think they're nutjobs, the PC factor makes them not want to talk about it, instead of calling out those who are doing the harm.

Secondly, just like with the issue of homosexuality, if it were just a private issue I would deem it none of my business, no matter how much I disagree with it, but it isn't a private issue. The entire lgbt movement is trying to re-structure society in it's own image and that affects everyone, not just themselves. Like it or not there are men and there are women, that's it, end of story (aside from those born with ambiguous genitalia). Those are your only three choices. Men are not women and women are not men. There is no such thing as transgender, outside the mind of a radical leftist.

Just like with fluid gender roles that become the norm for most of society, these roles as "genderless persons" that extremists on the left want to institute, are nothing more than a reflection of some kind of dreamy, androgynous utopia, that exists inside their minds, but can never exist in reality, outside their little community. There is nothing physiologically wrong with these kids, and absolutely no reason to buy into this, "I was born a girl but I have a penis" nonsense that the word "no", and a strong father figure can't cure.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 8:50:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 1:27:43 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Transgenders are victims! They are victims of something called "Reality".
In other related news, Napoleon Bonaparte claims that he is a victim of discrimination because there exist people who are taller than him.

We are all victims of reality. I want to be omniscient. I wish I was born rich. I was I had super powers. Guess what? I have to deal with it.
Transgenders have to realize that the world will not bend to work the way we intended to, that is the definition of "Delusion". Pretending something will not make it true, pretending they are something they are not is not being tolerant or compassionate, it is lying to them and ourselves. Seriously, the whole thing is very silly.

Napolean actually wasn't short. It's just that he was listed as 5' 2" when he died and people ignored that the french's special metric that would place him at 5' 7".

Hopefully, you can see the irony.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 9:24:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/23/2013 4:28:25 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
As someone once said: "Common sense is what tells you that the world is flat."

We're not talking about the function and positioning of celestial bodies in a time when people had no means of learning about such things. It's really easy to see if one has a penis or not, this is not rocket surgery we're talking about here. Sometimes it's ok to use common sense in spite of what the leftists tell you.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll. There is no way someone that scientifically stunted can be so brazen and actually brag about their ignorance so boldly as if it were something to be proud of.

Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman. However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

In addition to social constructs of gender largely being a cultural phenomenon (no doubt rooted in standards of biology... i.e., men tend to be masculine because of excess testosterone), the fact is that biology like psychology are not absolutes. There is scientific evidence of processes that occur in utero that literally cause nature to fvck up what sex a fetus is supposed to develop into. Swyer Sydrome is an example is this actual biological disorder that causes gender manipulation and subsequent confusion at a biological level. EDUCATE YOURSELF, MEDIC.

Further, plenty of women with vaginas have excess testosterone and exhibit male traits. Plenty of men have a hormonal make-up that makes them behave and feel more akin to what society considers "feminine" traits. Not all tomboys are lesbian or transgender and likewise not all "sensitive" men are gay or transgender. Sex, sexuality and gender are interwoven but not synonymous. They are incredibly complex, so medic's dismissal of it being an "obvious" factor of one's identify is only a blatant example of his child-like and minuscule understanding of these concepts which he apparently feels to qualified to talk about despite lacking the most basic and fundamental herr derr aspects of these conversations.

Anyway, I know most people don't even entertain his stupidity anymore lol but I haven't posted in months so I felt compelled to respond for the lulz.
President of DDO
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:36:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll. There is no way someone that scientifically stunted can be so brazen and actually brag about their ignorance so boldly as if it were something to be proud of.

Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman. However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

In addition to social constructs of gender largely being a cultural phenomenon (no doubt rooted in standards of biology... i.e., men tend to be masculine because of excess testosterone), the fact is that biology like psychology are not absolutes. There is scientific evidence of processes that occur in utero that literally cause nature to fvck up what sex a fetus is supposed to develop into. Swyer Sydrome is an example is this actual biological disorder that causes gender manipulation and subsequent confusion at a biological level. EDUCATE YOURSELF, MEDIC.

Further, plenty of women with vaginas have excess testosterone and exhibit male traits. Plenty of men have a hormonal make-up that makes them behave and feel more akin to what society considers "feminine" traits. Not all tomboys are lesbian or transgender and likewise not all "sensitive" men are gay or transgender. Sex, sexuality and gender are interwoven but not synonymous. They are incredibly complex, so medic's dismissal of it being an "obvious" factor of one's identify is only a blatant example of his child-like and minuscule understanding of these concepts which he apparently feels to qualified to talk about despite lacking the most basic and fundamental herr derr aspects of these conversations.

Anyway, I know most people don't even entertain his stupidity anymore lol but I haven't posted in months so I felt compelled to respond for the lulz.

I thought I was the only one. If he is a troll, then he's a very successful one, because I've broken two vows to never talk to him again.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:42:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll. There is no way someone that scientifically stunted can be so brazen and actually brag about their ignorance so boldly as if it were something to be proud of.

Nope, no trolling (most of the time anyway). Some people are actually proud of the fact that they grew up before the indoctrination began, and are old enough and have enough life experience to be able to see right through the bullsh!t. Some people are proud to actually have some common sense, imagine that.

Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman.

I wouldn't disagree with you on most of that. The only thing I'd take issue with is where you say "For general classification purposes". That makes it seem as if you don't consider the fact that someone has a penis or vagina, a very important factor in whether they are male or female.

However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

You were doing well, then you pulled out the "identify as" psychobabble.

In addition to social constructs of gender largely being a cultural phenomenon (no doubt rooted in standards of biology... i.e., men tend to be masculine because of excess testosterone), the fact is that biology like psychology are not absolutes. There is scientific evidence of processes that occur in utero that literally cause nature to fvck up what sex a fetus is supposed to develop into. Swyer Sydrome is an example is this actual biological disorder that causes gender manipulation and subsequent confusion at a biological level. EDUCATE YOURSELF, MEDIC.

I've said several times that what I'm saying is not directed at anyone who actually has a known disease or ambiguous genitalia. Those people have an actual known physiological reason, thus would be justified in their confusion.

If a disease occurs at a rate of 1 in every 2,000 births, it is considered rare. Swyers is estimated at 1 in 80,000 births, so we're not talking about something here that is prevalent enough to account for all the "transgendereds" that one sees when walking down the hallway of a high school. No one doubts that there is a wide range of hormone levels found in humans, and that hormones can have a big effect on different body systems. The problem comes in when you know that someone has a Y chromosome, and his biology recognizes its own make-up to be that of a male, giving him a penis and a perfectly normal reproductive system just as every other male has, yet you still try to argue that he, for some reason, was not born a man. That's not biology, that's psychobabble bullsh!t.

Further, plenty of women with vaginas have excess testosterone and exhibit male traits. Plenty of men have a hormonal make-up that makes them behave and feel more akin to what society considers "feminine" traits. Not all tomboys are lesbian or transgender and likewise not all "sensitive" men are gay or transgender. Sex, sexuality and gender are interwoven but not synonymous. They are incredibly complex, so medic's dismissal of it being an "obvious" factor of one's identify is only a blatant example of his child-like and minuscule understanding of these concepts which he apparently feels to qualified to talk about despite lacking the most basic and fundamental herr derr aspects of these conversations.

Right, not all of them are homosexual or genderschizoid. The overwhelming majority turn out to be perfectly normal men and women, and there is no excuse for the others but that it is simply their choice to act in that way. When you find something that physiologically causes their behavior, let me know. Until then, normal people are going to consider them as bat-sh!t crazy as we do today, and anyone who buys into the "I identify as" nonsense as either na"ve, or totally devoid of common sense.

Anyway, I know most people don't even entertain his stupidity anymore lol but I haven't posted in months so I felt compelled to respond for the lulz.

Thank you so much for breaking your silence because what you think is so very important to me. I was terribly concerned that you hadn't weighed in because I really had no idea what your opinion would be on this issue...pffffft
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:44:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:36:38 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll. There is no way someone that scientifically stunted can be so brazen and actually brag about their ignorance so boldly as if it were something to be proud of.

Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman. However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

In addition to social constructs of gender largely being a cultural phenomenon (no doubt rooted in standards of biology... i.e., men tend to be masculine because of excess testosterone), the fact is that biology like psychology are not absolutes. There is scientific evidence of processes that occur in utero that literally cause nature to fvck up what sex a fetus is supposed to develop into. Swyer Sydrome is an example is this actual biological disorder that causes gender manipulation and subsequent confusion at a biological level. EDUCATE YOURSELF, MEDIC.

Further, plenty of women with vaginas have excess testosterone and exhibit male traits. Plenty of men have a hormonal make-up that makes them behave and feel more akin to what society considers "feminine" traits. Not all tomboys are lesbian or transgender and likewise not all "sensitive" men are gay or transgender. Sex, sexuality and gender are interwoven but not synonymous. They are incredibly complex, so medic's dismissal of it being an "obvious" factor of one's identify is only a blatant example of his child-like and minuscule understanding of these concepts which he apparently feels to qualified to talk about despite lacking the most basic and fundamental herr derr aspects of these conversations.

Anyway, I know most people don't even entertain his stupidity anymore lol but I haven't posted in months so I felt compelled to respond for the lulz.

I thought I was the only one. If he is a troll, then he's a very successful one, because I've broken two vows to never talk to him again.

How can anyone else trust you if you can't even keep a vow to yourself?? Practice makes perfect.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 2:37:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 11:44:01 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:36:38 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll. There is no way someone that scientifically stunted can be so brazen and actually brag about their ignorance so boldly as if it were something to be proud of.

Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman. However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

In addition to social constructs of gender largely being a cultural phenomenon (no doubt rooted in standards of biology... i.e., men tend to be masculine because of excess testosterone), the fact is that biology like psychology are not absolutes. There is scientific evidence of processes that occur in utero that literally cause nature to fvck up what sex a fetus is supposed to develop into. Swyer Sydrome is an example is this actual biological disorder that causes gender manipulation and subsequent confusion at a biological level. EDUCATE YOURSELF, MEDIC.

Further, plenty of women with vaginas have excess testosterone and exhibit male traits. Plenty of men have a hormonal make-up that makes them behave and feel more akin to what society considers "feminine" traits. Not all tomboys are lesbian or transgender and likewise not all "sensitive" men are gay or transgender. Sex, sexuality and gender are interwoven but not synonymous. They are incredibly complex, so medic's dismissal of it being an "obvious" factor of one's identify is only a blatant example of his child-like and minuscule understanding of these concepts which he apparently feels to qualified to talk about despite lacking the most basic and fundamental herr derr aspects of these conversations.

Anyway, I know most people don't even entertain his stupidity anymore lol but I haven't posted in months so I felt compelled to respond for the lulz.

I thought I was the only one. If he is a troll, then he's a very successful one, because I've broken two vows to never talk to him again.

How can anyone else trust you if you can't even keep a vow to yourself?? Practice makes perfect.

Easily? But I don't ask for anyone to trust me.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
DudeWithoutTheE
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 2:56:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:


Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman. However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

I was convinced it was the other way round? IE having a penis makes you male, but does not make you self-identify as a man. IE man/woman = gender, and male/female = sex. Hence "male anatomy," and Trans* women who do not have vaginas.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 3:50:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 2:56:52 PM, DudeWithoutTheE wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:


Of course, there is a difference between sex and gender. Anyone with Psychology 101 knowledge knows that. Sex is a biological construct; gender is a social construct. Having a penis makes you a man (for general classification purposes) and a vagina makes you a woman. However not all men identify as male (male/masculine = characteristics ABC) and not all women identify as female (female/feminine = characteristics XYZ). As such a man can identify as a female and a woman can identify as masculine or a male.

I was convinced it was the other way round? IE having a penis makes you male, but does not make you self-identify as a man. IE man/woman = gender, and male/female = sex. Hence "male anatomy," and Trans* women who do not have vaginas.

Penis + Male + Y Chromosome = Woman
Penis + Man + Y Chromosome = Female

I'm calling BS on it no matter which way you say it. If I were his dad I'd spend some quality time with him and talk to him about his issues. If he doesn't respond positively then he'll get pulled out of school and home-schooled, and I'm taking him for some intense therapy. Eventually he'd see that if he's going to act like a nutjob then he's going to get treated like a nutjob.
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 3:57:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I must say that the T of LGBT has always been off-putting to me. I think that unlike gays and lesbians, transgender people have a legitimate identity crisis. On principle I believe they should have the same rights as everyone else, but I would not personally be able to view them as stable human beings. I feel nervous when around things I don't understand, but that's my problem and not the world's.

That being said, I do not feel that transgender behavior is a choice. Pretending to be a boy/girl does not create a psychological desire to become that gender. They are born with a disconnect of actual and perceived gender and although I cannot understand it myself I think that we should learn to accept these individuals as they are.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 12:34:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll.

Yup. http://www.debate.org...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 1:22:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 12:34:33 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll.

Yup. http://www.debate.org...

No one other than the gay banditos even mentioned me on that thread. Not exactly the most credible lot, especially since they can't even figure out how to tell the difference between a man and a woman.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 1:31:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 1:22:11 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/27/2013 12:34:33 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll.

Yup. http://www.debate.org...

No one other than the gay banditos even mentioned me on that thread. Not exactly the most credible lot, especially since they can't even figure out how to tell the difference between a man and a woman.

I mentioned you (page two). You're an accomplished troll in that you find a way to irritate even the most intelligent users; I place you on the same level as Apeiron and Eitan_Zohar. This is an elite trolling level. Posts from the denizens of this level come from a place of enjoying bellicosity and vitriol for their own sake; eliciting these responses in others only further serves this purpose. This stands in stark contrast to posters concerned with truth (e.g. Roy Latham, Noumena), frivolity (e.g. imabench, MassiveDump), or community ( e.g. FREEDO, Koopin).
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 1:59:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 1:31:16 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/27/2013 1:22:11 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/27/2013 12:34:33 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:01:26 AM, Danielle wrote:
Medic's idiocy never ceases to amaze me. I'm still convinced he is a troll.

Yup. http://www.debate.org...

No one other than the gay banditos even mentioned me on that thread. Not exactly the most credible lot, especially since they can't even figure out how to tell the difference between a man and a woman.

I mentioned you (page two). You're an accomplished troll in that you find a way to irritate even the most intelligent users; I place you on the same level as Apeiron and Eitan_Zohar. This is an elite trolling level. Posts from the denizens of this level come from a place of enjoying bellicosity and vitriol for their own sake; eliciting these responses in others only further serves this purpose. This stands in stark contrast to posters concerned with truth (e.g. Roy Latham, Noumena), frivolity (e.g. imabench, MassiveDump), or community ( e.g. FREEDO, Koopin).

If someone isn't persuaded by pseudoscience, psychobabble, or emotional pleas, then they must be a troll?? If they can recognize bullsh!t before they step in it just by using a little common sense, and call it what it actually is, then they're a troll??