Jump to topic:

Jews are shielding Muslims in Europe

Norma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 8:24:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The fact that Jews are actually shielding Muslims in Europe has become quite a revelation for me... for I had always believed they are opposed to each other in Middle East and other places. Now I think they are the same! And they are both quite a huge thorn In Europe's side. That is what I think about Jews and Muslims now!
A Muslim butcher's has been recently opened just nearby to sell halal meat. The slaughter of a halal animal is something disgusting, something wildly alien here in Belgium! We live on the suburbs of a small city and we have windows overlooking just the back yard of the shop where those Muslims periodically kill halal animals. D'you know the "permissible" rules do this sort of thing? The animal must be slit at the throat with a very sharp instrument and it mustn't be unconscious! Then it must be hang upside down and allowed to bleed dry (eating blood is not halal). This job must be done by a Muslim or a Jew! Btw many observant Muslims find kosher meat acceptable!
So when we turned to City Hall and the local police station protesting this sort of thing we faces that Jewish organization. I mean the Jewish Contribution to an inclusive Europe (CEJI) which "stands with people of all backgrounds to promote a Europe of diversity and respect" and claiming "to be engaged in advocating in the EU against anti-Semitism and discrimination of all kinds". So they called our protests "a violation of religious belief of Muslims". And our local authorities are just scary to oppose CEJI for they may well blame them with anti-Semitism!!
So it has been some nasty vicious circle! I guess we should set some civil organization or movement based on national foundations so that to preserve our national identity and defend our rights.
I wonder how does it stay in your city? Any challenges of the sort? Would be appreciative for response and ideas.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:41:12 PM
At 8/27/2013 8:24:11 AM, Norma wrote:
The fact that Jews are actually shielding Muslims in Europe has become quite a revelation for me... for I had always believed they are opposed to each other in Middle East and other places. Now I think they are the same! And they are both quite a huge thorn In Europe's side. That is what I think about Jews and Muslims now!
A Muslim butcher's has been recently opened just nearby to sell halal meat. The slaughter of a halal animal is something disgusting, something wildly alien here in Belgium! We live on the suburbs of a small city and we have windows overlooking just the back yard of the shop where those Muslims periodically kill halal animals. D'you know the "permissible" rules do this sort of thing? The animal must be slit at the throat with a very sharp instrument and it mustn't be unconscious! Then it must be hang upside down and allowed to bleed dry (eating blood is not halal). This job must be done by a Muslim or a Jew! Btw many observant Muslims find kosher meat acceptable!
So when we turned to City Hall and the local police station protesting this sort of thing we faces that Jewish organization. I mean the Jewish Contribution to an inclusive Europe (CEJI) which "stands with people of all backgrounds to promote a Europe of diversity and respect" and claiming "to be engaged in advocating in the EU against anti-Semitism and discrimination of all kinds". So they called our protests "a violation of religious belief of Muslims". And our local authorities are just scary to oppose CEJI for they may well blame them with anti-Semitism!!
So it has been some nasty vicious circle! I guess we should set some civil organization or movement based on national foundations so that to preserve our national identity and defend our rights.
I wonder how does it stay in your city? Any challenges of the sort? Would be appreciative for response and ideas.

Sooo.... you may want to look up how cows are killed in a "kosher" manner.

Might explain why the Jews are interested in your complaints.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 7:52:41 PM
I fail to see the problem here I.E. (what is bothering you).
Live & let live, if they ain't bothering you, leave em alone.
& there are tons of places like this all over America & Europe.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 8:11:34 PM
That is disgusting! A Muslim is selling meat and starting a business! Such things dreadful are intolerable... Disgusting.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 8:43:52 PM
At 8/27/2013 8:11:34 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
That is disgusting! A Muslim is selling meat and starting a business! Such things dreadful are intolerable... Disgusting.

Sarcasm, right?
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 8:57:06 PM
At 8/27/2013 8:43:52 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 8/27/2013 8:11:34 PM, Dragonfang wrote:

Sarcasm, right?

Thankfully... I can imagine myself living with that mentality.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 2:56:55 PM
Perhaps they are throwing down their pathetic doctrines for the sake of each other, rare but not unheard of.
Turn around, go back.
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 3:40:20 PM
I don't see what's so hard for some of you to understand. Judaism and Islam, unlike Christianity, were never paganized, so they still have strict dietary laws, one of which is a needlessly cruel method of slaughter. The thought of it, induced by the fact of it, is bothersome. Does one need to be slaughtered in such a way before one is allowed to oppose it?
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 4:09:22 PM

Jews and Muslims alike are cool. There is nothing wrong with killing animals...and there is nothing wrong with slitting's throat since it is a very fast death. So, what you should do is just mind your own business and let the Muslims and Jews mind theirs.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 4:12:14 PM
At 9/1/2013 3:40:20 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
I don't see what's so hard for some of you to understand. Judaism and Islam, unlike Christianity, were never paganized, so they still have strict dietary laws, one of which is a needlessly cruel method of slaughter. The thought of it, induced by the fact of it, is bothersome. Does one need to be slaughtered in such a way before one is allowed to oppose it?

We Christians have dietary laws too. We can't eat neither blood nor the food that is blessed in the name of idols. Furthermore, some Christians (such as myself) conform to the Jewish dietary laws.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 7:30:57 PM
At 9/1/2013 4:12:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

We Christians have dietary laws too. We can't eat neither blood nor the food that is blessed in the name of idols. Furthermore, some Christians (such as myself) conform to the Jewish dietary laws.

First of all, the prohibition of blood and food blessed in the name of idols is just the part of Jewish dietary law that the Council of Jerusalem left in place. But even that has been abandoned by most Christian denominations, including all denominations with significant representation in the relevant country of Belgium. The reason people don't eat food blessed in the name of idols is quite simply because no one's blessing food in the name of idols anymore, which in turn is because the only significant superstitions left in the West are the Abrahamic faiths themselves. As for the notion that kosher/halal slaughter is compassionate because the animal dies quickly, I would simply ask, compared to what? The only legal alternative is stunning, which renders the animal insensible instantaneously.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 7:46:04 PM
At 9/1/2013 7:30:57 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
At 9/1/2013 4:12:14 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

First of all, the prohibition of blood and food blessed in the name of idols is just the part of Jewish dietary law that the Council of Jerusalem left in place. But even that has been abandoned by most Christian denominations, including all denominations with significant representation in the relevant country of Belgium. The reason people don't eat food blessed in the name of idols is quite simply because no one's blessing food in the name of idols anymore, which in turn is because the only significant superstitions left in the West are the Abrahamic faiths themselves. As for the notion that kosher/halal slaughter is compassionate because the animal dies quickly, I would simply ask, compared to what? The only legal alternative is stunning, which renders the animal insensible instantaneously.

Not in my family or church. We wont go to most Chinese or Asian restaurants or even dine with Hindus because they bless the food to different false gods. Nor do any of us eat food with blood in it. It is a Christian dietary law.

Also, if an animals throat is slit, then animal will die in around one to two minutes. Painful or not, it isn't much pain, so it really doesn't matter if it is aware or not. Furthermore, no one in your community has the right to tell other people how to buture THEIR animals for consumption. It's none of your business.

CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:27:34 PM
At 9/1/2013 7:46:04 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
Not in my family or church. We wont go to most Chinese or Asian restaurants or even dine with Hindus because they bless the food to different false gods. Nor do any of us eat food with blood in it. It is a Christian dietary law.

Specifically, it's Jewish dietary law that a minority of Christians observe. And as that minority has no significant presence in Belgium, it's irrelevant to the topic. As for Asians, outside of the Indian subcontinent most believe in either the Abrahamic god or no gods at all; they certainly don't bless the food they serve at restaurants to gods.

Also, if an animals throat is slit, then animal will die in around one to two minutes. Painful or not, it isn't much pain, so it really doesn't matter if it is aware or not. Furthermore, no one in your community has the right to tell other people how to buture THEIR animals for consumption. It's none of your business.

By that logic, Abolitionists had the right to free their own slaves but not the slaves of others. No, for the rights of the owned to mean anything, they must override the rights of the owner. That's why Michael Vick didn't get to say, "but they were my dogs", and no ritual slaughterers besides those who feed Jews and Muslims (and your unusual Christian church) get say "but they're my calves".
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:35:26 PM
At 9/2/2013 12:27:34 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
At 9/1/2013 7:46:04 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Specifically, it's Jewish dietary law that a minority of Christians observe. And as that minority has no significant presence in Belgium, it's irrelevant to the topic. As for Asians, outside of the Indian subcontinent most believe in either the Abrahamic god or no gods at all; they certainly don't bless the food they serve at restaurants to gods.

By that logic, Abolitionists had the right to free their own slaves but not the slaves of others. No, for the rights of the owned to mean anything, they must override the rights of the owner. That's why Michael Vick didn't get to say, "but they were my dogs", and no ritual slaughterers besides those who feed Jews and Muslims (and your unusual Christian church) get say "but they're my calves".
Apples and Oranges. Cows, goats, etc. are NOT people. They do NOT have rights.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 12:36:40 PM
i stopped following dietary laws a long time ago i like the peaceful way of religion and frankly abrahamic religions aren't really peaceful
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 8:23:59 PM

Hmm.

I prefer halal human, actually (video, spoilers if you haven't seen Titus, a great film...apparently the damned thing is free on youtube now).

Seriously though, that does sound rather offensive. I always had the superficial view that halal and kosher methods were civil and humanitarian, but I suppose I was mistaken.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 4:39:38 AM
At 9/2/2013 8:23:59 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
Seriously though, that does sound rather offensive. I always had the superficial view that halal and kosher methods were civil and humanitarian, but I suppose I was mistaken.

Like anything else,it can be done humanely or inhumanly.
The main point of Halal & kosher as I understand it, is that the slaughter must be done as quickly & smoothly as possible, thus reducing the pain. I think the basic idea is that the knife must be perfectly sharp with no Knicks that catch/snag and slow down the process. & the cut must be done in one smooth,fast, clean, swipe.
http://www.meatpoultry.com...
http://www.jpost.com...
http://www.aijac.org.au...
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 5:46:41 PM
At 9/3/2013 4:39:38 AM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:

All of your sources rely on one Temple Grandin, who herself admits Halal slaughter (the subject of this thread) is cruel. But she insists that Kosher slaughter, "done right", is painless. Irrelevant. Most Kosher slaughter does not live up to her expensive standards, which explains why Jewish organizations are coming to the defense of Halal slaughter instead of distancing themselves from it. But then again, the truth can't save you from the Lake of Fire, nor can it take you to Heaven.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 9:24:07 PM

The main point of Halal & kosher as I understand it, is that the slaughter must be done as quickly & smoothly as possible, thus reducing the pain. I think the basic idea is that the knife must be perfectly sharp with no Knicks that catch/snag and slow down the process. & the cut must be done in one smooth,fast, clean, swipe.
http://www.meatpoultry.com...
http://www.jpost.com...
http://www.aijac.org.au...

Hmm. You're right. I was probably too quick to come to a conclusion based upon an OP with no sources and with only one post to his name.

I think just about all methods of slaughtering animals are distasteful, and halal and kosher methods are probably the most humanitarian out of this list. The OP made it sound like this was going on in his neighbor's back yard, whereas what is really occurring is that it's happening in a legitimate business.

I don't know how local butchers slaughter animals...I don't think they even do...the actual slaughtering typically takes place in a slaughterhouse. Had this slaughterhouse been in the OP's back yard, I'd guess s/he'd probably turn vegan, lol. =)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 5:04:26 AM
At 9/3/2013 5:46:41 PM, CarefulNow wrote:

All of your sources rely on one Temple Grandin, who herself admits Halal slaughter (the subject of this thread) is cruel. But she insists that Kosher slaughter, "done right", is painless. Irrelevant. Most Kosher slaughter does not live up to her expensive standards, which explains why Jewish organizations are coming to the defense of Halal slaughter instead of distancing themselves from it. But then again, the truth can't save you from the Lake of Fire, nor can it take you to Heaven.

Temple Grandin is probably the world's foremost expert on the subject, so she's not to be disregarded, and she has spent a large part of her career working to ensure more humane treatment in the slaughter of animals. Her position is not that halal slaughter is cruel, it is that when it's done properly, both the halal and kosher manner is painless to the animal and it ensures a quick loss of consciousness by almost immediate loss of blood to the brain. It was more the preparation for slaughter that she challenged as cruel, and she worked closely with the Jewish community to alter those processes, the Muslim community followed suit in most parts of the world. If , a mentioned in the OP, the butcher allows the slaughter by a shochet (ritual Jewish Slaughterer), and a shochet will perform the slaughter there, then they have most almost certainly embraced Temple Grandin's process reforms.

So of course the Jewish community is defending the halal method of slaughter, it is the same as the kosher method, that's why Muslims can use a shochet. The two dietary laws are different, but the method of slaughter is precisely the same.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 11:26:24 AM
If halal meat were banned, that would only do symbolic damage. Muslims are allowed to eat kosher meat. Hope it hurts you to hear that.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 7:29:46 PM
If what bothers you is the view of slaughter form your window, then you are perfectly in your right to protest..

But if what bothers you is the "others" existence, then just get used to it , because they're staying.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 8:50:40 PM
At 9/4/2013 7:29:46 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
If what bothers you is the view of slaughter form your window, then you are perfectly in your right to protest..

Even then, the people doing the slaughtering are doing it within their property. The people complaining should just look away.

But if what bothers you is the "others" existence, then just get used to it , because they're staying.

CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:34:19 AM
At 9/4/2013 5:04:26 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
So of course the Jewish community is defending the halal method of slaughter, it is the same as the kosher method, that's why Muslims can use a shochet. The two dietary laws are different, but the method of slaughter is precisely the same.

Not according to Grandin. See, she was confronted with a brain scan that seemed to secular folk to merely confirm common sense--that a conscious animal with its spinal cord intact feels the pain of a gaping neck wound. But Grandin would have forfeited her share of the World to Come if she'd come to the obvious conclusion, so she had to get inventive. Specifically, she threw Islam under the bus, blaming the Halal slaughter knife, which is shorter than the Kosher slaughter knife. Her only evidence that a longer knife magically prevents sensory information from reaching the brain is that the animal is "unresponsive". And how exactly is a restrained animal with its trachea severed supposed to respond? Blink twice for "I'm in agony"? No, I think she'd find that Halal cattle are similarly "unresponsive" through their torture.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 3:14:30 PM
so because the fog of religious pride has filled your head you think you can say what people can and can't eat.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:19:00 PM
At 9/5/2013 3:14:30 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
so because the fog of religious pride has filled your head you think you can say what people can and can't eat.

Who, religious or not, thinks people should be allowed to eat whatever they want? Do you want to legalize cannibalism, for example?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:20:49 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:19:00 PM, CarefulNow wrote:

Who, religious or not, thinks people should be allowed to eat whatever they want? Do you want to legalize cannibalism, for example?

don't strawman me
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:47:20 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:20:49 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

don't strawman me

It wasn't a strawman; it was a test of your pretended libertarianism, which you failed. You do believe in entitlements, it seems, at least a human right to life. Is that due to religious pride? I doubt it. You probably just understand that if you ate another human being you'd go to jail. But nor is the OP religiously proud. Judaism and Islam are condemned, as they should be, for the inhumanity of their method of slaughter; there is however, no mention of Christianity, whose lack of dietary laws has nothing to do with compassion.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:49:36 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:47:20 PM, CarefulNow wrote:

don't strawman me

It wasn't a strawman; it was a test of your pretended libertarianism, which you failed. You do believe in entitlements, it seems, at least a human right to life. Is that due to religious pride? I doubt it. You probably just understand that if you ate another human being you'd go to jail. But nor is the OP religiously proud. Judaism and Islam are condemned, as they should be, for the inhumanity of their method of slaughter; there is however, no mention of Christianity, whose lack of dietary laws has nothing to do with compassion.

does islam condemn us you look it up
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:54:45 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:49:36 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/5/2013 4:47:20 PM, CarefulNow wrote:

don't strawman me

does islam condemn us you look it up

Come again?