Jump to topic:

Video surveillance

Chillwitm888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 4:30:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
How much video surveillance should Americans tolerate to keep the nation safe from terroists? Discuss
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 4:35:12 PM
At 9/15/2013 4:30:55 PM, Chillwitm888 wrote:
How much video surveillance should Americans tolerate to keep the nation safe from terroists? Discuss

if its like everyday or the "random" surveillance its not okay, but if there is enough evidence that supports that said person is a terrorist then its okay. oh and by enough i mean a lot of evidence. the surveillance should be permitted. like how police have to be permitted to search or seize something. also, isn't surveillance a form of search.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 4:48:58 PM
At 9/15/2013 4:35:12 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

if its like everyday or the "random" surveillance its not okay, but if there is enough evidence that supports that said person is a terrorist then its okay. oh and by enough i mean a lot of evidence. the surveillance should be permitted. like how police have to be permitted to search or seize something. also, isn't surveillance a form of search.

Slippery slope. How do you define "enough evidence?"

Is me googling "how to make a bomb" "enough evidence?" What about searching for "pressure cooker bombs?"

It's all based on nonsensical subjective criteria.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 4:52:31 PM
At 9/15/2013 4:48:58 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Is me googling "how to make a bomb" "enough evidence?" What about searching for "pressure cooker bombs?"

i said a lot of evidence. if you googled "how to make a bomb" or the other one, and thats all you did, i don't think thats enough. but lets say you posted a lot of youtube videos threatening the government and you set off the bombs in the vids and did searches like "how to break into the whitehouse undetected" and got reports from neighbors. i think that would be substantial.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 5:06:55 PM
At 9/15/2013 4:52:31 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

i said a lot of evidence. if you googled "how to make a bomb" or the other one, and thats all you did, i don't think thats enough. but lets say you posted a lot of youtube videos threatening the government and you set off the bombs in the vids and did searches like "how to break into the whitehouse undetected" and got reports from neighbors. i think that would be substantial.

I don't care what you think. Your entire premise is based on subjective criteria with no basis in reality- anybody can decide what they think is "suspicious."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 5:10:35 PM
At 9/15/2013 5:06:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I don't care what you think. Your entire premise is based on subjective criteria with no basis in reality- anybody can decide what they think is "suspicious."

with that statement this conversation is over
Chillwitm888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 5:23:41 PM
This doesn't really show you how you appeal to how much moderation Americans can tolerate from video surveillance... Like should the governments have the right to videograph your life just because you said "That's the BOMB! I love this drink! Lets party by watching The TOWN" Sometimes they phonetap due to trigger words... should the government have the ability to video survey you? If not, how much moderation/power can one have? if yes, please respond with a convincing statement
i would like to hear your opinions
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 6:17:08 PM
At 9/15/2013 5:10:35 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 5:06:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

with that statement this conversation is over

Very few people actually care what you think when they're arguing with you.