Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Gays strike again

Mr.Jones
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 7:24:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Once again restless LGBT community organized absurd protest that is widely covered by the media. At first they said that all people should boycott the Olympics and gay athletes said 'no' and now they use any chance to continue their senseless provocations. Do they really believe this will help Russian gays? In this case actions of protesters are doubly stupid because Deborah Warner, director of Eugene Onegin that opens opera's season, is a lesbian and known representative of LGBT community. How it's possible that gays protest against LGBT community, I think these people completely lost their common sense and they fight windmills and this makes no contribution to LGBT community. Someone just really wants to blacken all events where Russia is involved and this is disturbing because sport and art were always above politics. But protests of gay activists who don't even try to sift a question to the bottom of Russian anti-gay law show their inadequacy and show that they prefer to be someone's puppets...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 10:20:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm perfectly fine if homosexuals don't wish to represent my country in the Olympics, but from a political and logical standpoint, the best thing homosexual athletes could do is participate, follow the laws of the land in which they are going to compete, and above all...WIN. A Gold Medal going to a homosexual would be the most politically desired outcome, not to mention the most humiliating for the Russian government. If the situation involved Christians, or some other group that I was a part of, that would be the only outcome I would be willing to advocate for, and it would seem to me that homosexuals would want that same thing for their athletes.

Just my two cents on the issue.
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:17:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 7:24:26 AM, Mr.Jones wrote:
Once again restless LGBT community organized absurd protest that is widely covered by the media. At first they said that all people should boycott the Olympics and gay athletes said 'no' and now they use any chance to continue their senseless provocations. Do they really believe this will help Russian gays? In this case actions of protesters are doubly stupid because Deborah Warner, director of Eugene Onegin that opens opera's season, is a lesbian and known representative of LGBT community. How it's possible that gays protest against LGBT community, I think these people completely lost their common sense and they fight windmills and this makes no contribution to LGBT community. Someone just really wants to blacken all events where Russia is involved and this is disturbing because sport and art were always above politics. But protests of gay activists who don't even try to sift a question to the bottom of Russian anti-gay law show their inadequacy and show that they prefer to be someone's puppets...

I don't know if sports are above politics in Russia, but the NFL is the most profitable sports' venue, in the United States, with its commissioner, Roger Goodell, making 10 million dollars, a year, and a projected salary of 20 million dollars, a year, by 2019.

Despite being a 10 billion-dollar-a-year industry, the NFL not only enjoys a tax-exempt status but, also, receives a billion dollars, a year, in federal subsidies paid for by the U. S. taxpayer. So, no. I don't see sports' being above politics, at least not in America.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 8:05:11 AM, drafterman wrote:
We boycotted the Olympics in 1980 and ended up winning the Cold War.

Check Mate, Russians.

Do you actually believe that the Russian government, that voted overwhelmingly in favor of the anti-propaganda bill, will be phased in the least by our assuring that no homosexual embarrasses them on their own soil, by medaling in an Olympic event?? I think you're playing right into their hands with a boycott.

The one time that I'm arguing for support for homosexuals, you guys switch sides on me...lol
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 12:02:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 7:24:26 AM, Mr.Jones wrote:
Once again restless LGBT community organized absurd protest that is widely covered by the media. At first they said that all people should boycott the Olympics and gay athletes said 'no' and now they use any chance to continue their senseless provocations. Do they really believe this will help Russian gays? In this case actions of protesters are doubly stupid because Deborah Warner, director of Eugene Onegin that opens opera's season, is a lesbian and known representative of LGBT community. How it's possible that gays protest against LGBT community, I think these people completely lost their common sense and they fight windmills and this makes no contribution to LGBT community. Someone just really wants to blacken all events where Russia is involved and this is disturbing because sport and art were always above politics. But protests of gay activists who don't even try to sift a question to the bottom of Russian anti-gay law show their inadequacy and show that they prefer to be someone's puppets...

Also, ask the average Brazilian, whose country is scheduled to host the 2016 Summer Olympics, "Are sports above politics?".
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 12:58:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Clever.
I think you win the internet for today, but I don't know how many will get the reference.
My work here is, finally, done.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 3:03:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??

You medic. You. Always you. Forever you. It's just something you're going to have to learn to live with. Then again, living with themselves is not something hateful bigots ever seem to have a problem with, is it?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 3:11:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 3:03:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??

You medic. You. Always you. Forever you. It's just something you're going to have to learn to live with. Then again, living with themselves is not something hateful bigots ever seem to have a problem with, is it?

Ok then, be a whiney little b!tch and go pout in the corner.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 3:16:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Homosexuals don't deserve extra rights or celebration for their orientation. That is all.

And I really don't see the connection between people's sexual orientation and their athletic ability. How exactly is a homosexual winning the gold a hard blow? That means they worked hard and improved their natural ability which is the point of sport competitions.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 3:26:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 3:16:11 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Homosexuals don't deserve extra rights or celebration for their orientation. That is all.

And I really don't see the connection between people's sexual orientation and their athletic ability. How exactly is a homosexual winning the gold a hard blow? That means they worked hard and improved their natural ability which is the point of sport competitions.

You are denying the fact that sports are not above politics, as we have mentioned here.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 3:53:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 3:26:35 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:16:11 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Homosexuals don't deserve extra rights or celebration for their orientation. That is all.

And I really don't see the connection between people's sexual orientation and their athletic ability. How exactly is a homosexual winning the gold a hard blow? That means they worked hard and improved their natural ability which is the point of sport competitions.

You are denying the fact that sports are not above politics, as we have mentioned here.

That is a subjective opinion that differs between people and societies. Not to mention that the point of view is often dependent on the popularity of the sport, and winter sports aren't exactly the most popular according to my knowledge. There are people stabbing each other for football (I am not going to use 'soccer') matches.
For a country like Brazil or the LGBT community who found a new front for their agenda, sure.
But Olympics are international events. Mostly not some revenge match between two conflicting nations (I'd bring popcorn to Russia & US at finals though). I see no indication politics will be impacted by the Winter Olympics, but politics will have some impact here and there in selected cases.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 5:28:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 3:11:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:03:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??

You medic. You. Always you. Forever you. It's just something you're going to have to learn to live with. Then again, living with themselves is not something hateful bigots ever seem to have a problem with, is it?

Ok then, be a whiney little b!tch and go pout in the corner.

Or what?
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 6:08:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This looks like a post that deserves to be graded.

At 9/25/2013 7:24:26 AM, Mr.Jones wrote:
Once again restless LGBT community organized absurd protest that is widely covered by the media.

This would be an excellent introductory sentence if the only people you're trying to persuade already agree with you.

At first they said that all people should boycott the Olympics and gay athletes said 'no' and now they use any chance to continue their senseless provocations.

Are "they" the LGBT community or all those people who believe in human rights and sexual equality? That's a pretty weak point, in either case.

Do they really believe this will help Russian gays?

Sometimes asking question can be a productive exercise. In your case, you're missing -intentionally or otherwise- the immediate point of the thing you're trying to criticize, and we learn this by your question. I'll bet you'll further demonstrate your lack of comprehension below.

In this case actions of protesters are doubly stupid because Deborah Warner, director of Eugene Onegin that opens opera's season, is a lesbian and known representative of LGBT community.

What a proclamation; as devoid of evidence as it is a personal attack on someone whose opinion you don't even attempt to characterize. Not knowing who this person is (and I have no idea), I am more inclined to think that you're just full of hot air.

How it's possible that gays protest against LGBT community, I think these people completely lost their common sense and they fight windmills and this makes no contribution to LGBT community.

And yet, you've actually never said why you've come to that opinion, or demonstrated that you understand why some of those who support gay rights generally are protesting a bigoted Russian law vis a vis olympic boycotts.

Someone just really wants to blacken all events where Russia is involved and this is disturbing because sport and art were always above politics.

I think that this wasn't the sentence you meant to write, but if it was, cultivating the ability to articulate a coherent thought might be something for you to consider. Even still, your stating that those who support gay rights only or more substantively want to tarnish Russia is profoundly misdirected insomuch as it is the law passed by the Russian Duma, rather than Russia itself, which is the source of the dispute. The attempt to case Russia as some arbitrary victim is quite in error, accordingly.

But protests of gay activists who don't even try to sift a question to the bottom of Russian anti-gay law show their inadequacy and show that they prefer to be someone's puppets...

And this is in conflict with your previous statement. So, to summarize you have (1) not articulated a coherent point, (2) failed to offer any notable perspective/insight into the issue you're addressing, (3) demonstrate insufficient understanding of the topic about which you're writing and the issues which surround it and consequently your opinion comes across as quite dim, dull and deluded for all of those reasons. Your spelling/grammar was below average. I assume you have about an 8th or 9th grade education. If you were a 9th grader writing this for a civics class, here would be your grade:

D-
Tsar of DDO
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 7:44:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 5:28:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:11:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:03:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??

You medic. You. Always you. Forever you. It's just something you're going to have to learn to live with. Then again, living with themselves is not something hateful bigots ever seem to have a problem with, is it?

Ok then, be a whiney little b!tch and go pout in the corner.

Or what?

Seems to me your options are limited to continuing to cry about someone hurting your tolerant, sensitive little feelings by saying something you don't like, on a debate site, or manning up and dealing with the fact that that behavior is going to evoke a response that you might disagree with, in a portion of the population.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 7:54:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 3:16:11 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
Homosexuals don't deserve extra rights or celebration for their orientation. That is all.

And I really don't see the connection between people's sexual orientation and their athletic ability. How exactly is a homosexual winning the gold a hard blow? That means they worked hard and improved their natural ability which is the point of sport competitions.

I agree with most of what you say, but my point about them winning Gold is that it would likely embarrass the Russian government on their home turf, and doing so is the best that homosexuals could hope to gain in this situation.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 7:59:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 7:44:37 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 5:28:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:11:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:03:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??

You medic. You. Always you. Forever you. It's just something you're going to have to learn to live with. Then again, living with themselves is not something hateful bigots ever seem to have a problem with, is it?

Ok then, be a whiney little b!tch and go pout in the corner.

Or what?

Seems to me your options are limited to continuing to cry about someone hurting your tolerant, sensitive little feelings by saying something you don't like, on a debate site, or manning up and dealing with the fact that that behavior is going to evoke a response that you might disagree with, in a portion of the population.

Oh, I already knew that. I just assumed that your thinly veiled ultimatums, coupled with your previous assertions that "two can play" indicated that you actually had some sort of response worthy of notice. Oh well.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 8:04:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 7:59:06 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 7:44:37 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 5:28:41 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:11:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 3:03:27 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 2:44:36 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 1:27:03 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:58:49 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/25/2013 12:34:01 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 11:51:09 AM, medic0506 wrote:
How can gays compete in the Olympics with all those broken legs?

We get it, medic. You can stop now.

Nice, so now you're calling gays, transgendered freaks?? I remember saying that about transgendered freaks on my property but I don't think you can quote me saying that about homosexuals, unless you assume them to be the same things.

Ho ho! You assume that there is a serious, civil conversation that can be had with you about this! How naive!

I can have a civil conversation about anything, with anyone, but if you're going to start the conversation off with a lie, then it doesn't bode well for your ability to do so.

My position on this issue and in this thread, is in support of the gay American athletes, in spite of our obvious political differences. You went off in a totally different direction. So who's being uncivil and holding a grudge??

You medic. You. Always you. Forever you. It's just something you're going to have to learn to live with. Then again, living with themselves is not something hateful bigots ever seem to have a problem with, is it?

Ok then, be a whiney little b!tch and go pout in the corner.

Or what?

Seems to me your options are limited to continuing to cry about someone hurting your tolerant, sensitive little feelings by saying something you don't like, on a debate site, or manning up and dealing with the fact that that behavior is going to evoke a response that you might disagree with, in a portion of the population.

Oh, I already knew that. I just assumed that your thinly veiled ultimatums, coupled with your previous assertions that "two can play" indicated that you actually had some sort of response worthy of notice. Oh well.

Nah, not in a playful mood tonight.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 8:41:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 8:04:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Nah, not in a playful mood tonight.

Yeah, I can imagine it's depressing when you fail so hard at something. Maybe knitting is more your thing. Or is that too gay and you don't want to end up breaking your own legs?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 8:57:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/25/2013 8:41:17 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 9/25/2013 8:04:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Nah, not in a playful mood tonight.

Yeah, I can imagine it's depressing when you fail so hard at something.

I wasn't aware that I was presented with a challenge that I failed at. Oh, you mean I failed at agreeing with your opinion?? Ok, I think I can live with that.

Maybe knitting is more your thing. Or is that too gay and you don't want to end up breaking your own legs?

I have done cross-stitch before when I was on restricted activity after my first MI, does that count??