Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Is society retarded?

ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 10:06:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So what do you think? Is society retarded? My answer is yes, society really is retarded. But why? On the other hand, is society just evil? Or is it both? Explain yourselves.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 10:57:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/5/2013 10:06:25 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
So what do you think? Is society retarded? My answer is yes, society really is retarded. But why? On the other hand, is society just evil? Or is it both? Explain yourselves.

Take your own words to mind, and explain yourself. Because I doubt any really knows what you're talking about.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 12:16:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/5/2013 10:57:38 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 10/5/2013 10:06:25 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
So what do you think? Is society retarded? My answer is yes, society really is retarded. But why? On the other hand, is society just evil? Or is it both? Explain yourselves.

Take your own words to mind, and explain yourself. Because I doubt any really knows what you're talking about.

Hmm...good point. Basically, why is it society is so violent, and evil, and conceited? Why can no one get along? Why is it people are stupid and there's nothing you could do about it?

...Is that a little better?
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 12:51:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 12:16:20 AM, ironmaiden wrote:
At 10/5/2013 10:57:38 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 10/5/2013 10:06:25 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
So what do you think? Is society retarded? My answer is yes, society really is retarded. But why? On the other hand, is society just evil? Or is it both? Explain yourselves.

Take your own words to mind, and explain yourself. Because I doubt any really knows what you're talking about.

Hmm...good point. Basically, why is it society is so violent, and evil, and conceited? Why can no one get along? Why is it people are stupid and there's nothing you could do about it?

...Is that a little better?

Little bit.

I'd call it human nature.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:28:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Society is just retarded. Watch GoT, everybody is just scared and trying to control the world. There's no inherent evil, just ingrained evil.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:29:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd go with Chomsky as regards what human nature is, and it's a really pretty thing to consider, too; it laughs in the face of nihilism, etc.