Jump to topic:

How do you deal with an elitist?

Adam2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 7:29:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sometimes I feel like punching them in the face, whether it'd be the KKK, or someone who hates tomboys and autistic people, or some snob.
Elitists are puritan in nature
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 12:21:01 AM
At 10/9/2013 7:29:17 PM, Adam2 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like punching them in the face, whether it'd be the KKK, or someone who hates tomboys and autistic people, or some snob.

You answered your own question.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 6:48:17 AM
At 10/9/2013 7:29:17 PM, Adam2 wrote:

Reminds me of an article I read of this college professor who had a student who was active on campus with a white supremacist group. The article was all about the conflict of the experience he had with the student in class, which was largely very positive versus the belief system the student held outside of class.

I suggest the buddhist path. I'm not certain how he does it but I believe the dali lama when he says that he has compassion for the Chinese and does not hate them even after forever exiled from his homeland.

I like the punch in the face idea but can shake off the idea that the Dali Lama's approach is more healthy.