Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

I've got zero tolerance for tolerance.

SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 5:26:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is this thing out there called "Tolerance" the definition of it is: tolerating of somebody or something: the act of putting up with somebody or something irritating or otherwise unpleasant and the ability to endure hardship: the ability to put up with harsh or difficult conditions

But now it is changed, the new definition means something like: I believe something, and you believe something else, but you can't tell me why what I believe is wrong because you're a bigot and you have no right to tell me otherwise.

Right now I would like to get this off my chest: Tolerance sucks. Okay, you disagree? But it still does. People tell Christians to be tolerant of other peoples religions, lifestyles, views, etc. But let me ask you, "When you are telling someone to be 'tolerant', are you being 'tolerant' of their 'intolerance?'

Everyone has freedom to say what they believe, but are we infringing them of there right by telling them they have to be tolerant?

If I have to be tolerant, then you have to be tolerant.

I'm not even being tolerant right now. I'm sick of it.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 5:55:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was going to post an insult about your position, but with a cursory look at your profile, I am now legally obligated to call you a "deluded Christian fascist that plays tea-time with imaginary friends."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 5:56:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"I broke one and all of His commandments; which is how I sinfully and wretchedly lived."

Did you just admit to murder on a debate site?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 6:48:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 5:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
"I broke one and all of His commandments; which is how I sinfully and wretchedly lived."

Did you just admit to murder on a debate site?

Haha, :) Yes I did. Understanding that Jesus said "If you break one of my commandments you brake all of them." That means I did, but I'm forgiven.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 7:20:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 5:26:54 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
There is this thing out there called "Tolerance" the definition of it is: tolerating of somebody or something: the act of putting up with somebody or something irritating or otherwise unpleasant and the ability to endure hardship: the ability to put up with harsh or difficult conditions

But now it is changed, the new definition means something like: I believe something, and you believe something else, but you can't tell me why what I believe is wrong because you're a bigot and you have no right to tell me otherwise.

Right now I would like to get this off my chest: Tolerance sucks. Okay, you disagree? But it still does. People tell Christians to be tolerant of other peoples religions, lifestyles, views, etc. But let me ask you, "When you are telling someone to be 'tolerant', are you being 'tolerant' of their 'intolerance?'

Everyone has freedom to say what they believe, but are we infringing them of there right by telling them they have to be tolerant?

If I have to be tolerant, then you have to be tolerant.

I'm not even being tolerant right now. I'm sick of it.

Tolerance is difficult I'll admit, but everyday God is tolerant with all man kind or we'd all be condemned at this very moment just because of our sin. So why do we not be tolerant regardless of what others might believe or disbelieve? I've had multiple conversations with people with no beliefs and with other beliefs and have learned ways to talk to them without sounding like I'm pressing my views on them. Now if they ask a question about mine and try to compare it with mine them that's on them, if they don't like the answer maybe they shouldn't have asked. That's just how I see it though. I don't know if his helps you. But don't be discouraged Ma.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 7:46:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 7:20:55 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/12/2013 5:26:54 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
There is this thing out there called "Tolerance" the definition of it is: tolerating of somebody or something: the act of putting up with somebody or something irritating or otherwise unpleasant and the ability to endure hardship: the ability to put up with harsh or difficult conditions

But now it is changed, the new definition means something like: I believe something, and you believe something else, but you can't tell me why what I believe is wrong because you're a bigot and you have no right to tell me otherwise.

Right now I would like to get this off my chest: Tolerance sucks. Okay, you disagree? But it still does. People tell Christians to be tolerant of other peoples religions, lifestyles, views, etc. But let me ask you, "When you are telling someone to be 'tolerant', are you being 'tolerant' of their 'intolerance?'

Everyone has freedom to say what they believe, but are we infringing them of there right by telling them they have to be tolerant?

If I have to be tolerant, then you have to be tolerant.

I'm not even being tolerant right now. I'm sick of it.

Tolerance is difficult I'll admit, but everyday God is tolerant with all man kind or we'd all be condemned at this very moment just because of our sin. So why do we not be tolerant regardless of what others might believe or disbelieve? I've had multiple conversations with people with no beliefs and with other beliefs and have learned ways to talk to them without sounding like I'm pressing my views on them. Now if they ask a question about mine and try to compare it with mine them that's on them, if they don't like the answer maybe they shouldn't have asked. That's just how I see it though. I don't know if his helps you. But don't be discouraged Ma.

Thanks, I agree. I was frustrated because people keep telling me to be tolerant without understanding what it means, they say, "be tolerant" but they aren't themselfs.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 7:55:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 6:48:37 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 10/12/2013 5:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
"I broke one and all of His commandments; which is how I sinfully and wretchedly lived."

Did you just admit to murder on a debate site?

Haha, :) Yes I did. Understanding that Jesus said "If you break one of my commandments you brake all of them." That means I did, but I'm forgiven.

Funny, huh? Anything in religion can be "forgiven" with a little prayer and tithe.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
NotReallySmart
Posts: 212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 8:18:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 7:55:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 10/12/2013 6:48:37 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
At 10/12/2013 5:56:45 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
"I broke one and all of His commandments; which is how I sinfully and wretchedly lived."

Did you just admit to murder on a debate site?

Haha, :) Yes I did. Understanding that Jesus said "If you break one of my commandments you brake all of them." That means I did, but I'm forgiven.

Funny, huh? Anything in religion can be "forgiven" with a little prayer and tithe.

Not everything, atleast not for all religons.
There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge; that is Curiosity.

There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others; that is Vanity.

There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve; that is Love."

- Bernard of Clairvaux
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 10:49:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Funny, huh? Anything in religion can be "forgiven" with a little prayer and tithe.

Haha, I know how senseless and whiny it sounds to state that, "My religion is not like that" but It's true, my religion (Christianity) is sort of summed up as this: There was upcoming catastrophe on Earth, everyone knew about what was going to happen and all electronics and everything was broken, the men woman and children all knew they had to escape a fate worse than death by attempting the impossible jump to the moon. Even though some men got so high, some not so high, and some didn't even try, nobody made it to the moon. That"s what Christianity is; we know we have a punishment, as you might say a fate worse than death, but nothing we could possibly do could save us. But God knew that it was impossible so he sent his only son Jesus to die on the cross, what you might say he made the path to the moon, a path nobody could make. All we have to do is believe the path will work and it"s the only choice. And turn away from trusting in our own two feet to work, and turn away from our jumping. That"s what I believe that sort of sums the basics up.

Our fate is hell, and what we have to do is be perfect, not so hard you say? We can"t even tell one lie, look at one person with lust, take one penny without being damned to hell, but because God knew that we could not achieve perfection he sent his only son to die for our sins on the cross. So we could live, all we have to do is have faith, meaning believe in what he did, and turn away, which is to repent of our sins then he counts all our sins from when we were born and until we all die as gone, or washed away.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:07:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 10:49:14 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
Funny, huh? Anything in religion can be "forgiven" with a little prayer and tithe.

Haha, I know how senseless and whiny it sounds to state that, "My religion is not like that" but It's true, my religion (Christianity) is sort of summed up as this: There was upcoming catastrophe on Earth, everyone knew about what was going to happen and all electronics and everything was broken, the men woman and children all knew they had to escape a fate worse than death by attempting the impossible jump to the moon. Even though some men got so high, some not so high, and some didn't even try, nobody made it to the moon. That"s what Christianity is; we know we have a punishment, as you might say a fate worse than death, but nothing we could possibly do could save us. But God knew that it was impossible so he sent his only son Jesus to die on the cross, what you might say he made the path to the moon, a path nobody could make. All we have to do is believe the path will work and it"s the only choice. And turn away from trusting in our own two feet to work, and turn away from our jumping. That"s what I believe that sort of sums the basics up.

Our fate is hell, and what we have to do is be perfect, not so hard you say? We can"t even tell one lie, look at one person with lust, take one penny without being damned to hell, but because God knew that we could not achieve perfection he sent his only son to die for our sins on the cross. So we could live, all we have to do is have faith, meaning believe in what he did, and turn away, which is to repent of our sins then he counts all our sins from when we were born and until we all die as gone, or washed away.

Leave the metaphors to Gregory House.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 12:30:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 5:55:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I was going to post an insult about your position, but with a cursory look at your profile, I am now legally obligated to call you a "deluded Christian fascist that plays tea-time with imaginary friends."

lol?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 3:41:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 5:26:54 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
There is this thing out there called "Tolerance" the definition of it is: tolerating of somebody or something: the act of putting up with somebody or something irritating or otherwise unpleasant and the ability to endure hardship: the ability to put up with harsh or difficult conditions

But now it is changed, the new definition means something like: I believe something, and you believe something else, but you can't tell me why what I believe is wrong because you're a bigot and you have no right to tell me otherwise.

Right now I would like to get this off my chest: Tolerance sucks. Okay, you disagree? But it still does. People tell Christians to be tolerant of other peoples religions, lifestyles, views, etc. But let me ask you, "When you are telling someone to be 'tolerant', are you being 'tolerant' of their 'intolerance?'


Everyone has freedom to say what they believe, but are we infringing them of there right by telling them they have to be tolerant?

Notice the underlined word.

If I have to be tolerant, then you have to be tolerant.
Technically they are, by allowing you to say whatever it is you say.
Did they force you to be silent or persecute you in some way, other than shaming?

I'm not even being tolerant right now. I'm sick of it.
My work here is, finally, done.
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 5:54:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I must put up with peoples outlandish beliefs even if it pains me. You may not agree with what a person says but it is a legal requirement to allow them to say it.
Turn around, go back.
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 3:42:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/13/2013 5:54:14 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
You may not agree with what a person says but it is a legal requirement to allow them to say it.

If it is a legal requirement to let them say things, why are they allowed to tell us to be tolerant?
I'm so fancy, you already know.
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 5:30:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know right? If I want to insult someone for whatever reason, than I will.

That being said, zero tolerance policies is way worse than tolerance.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 6:11:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/18/2013 5:30:43 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
I know right? If I want to insult someone for whatever reason, than I will.

That being said, zero tolerance policies is way worse than tolerance.

I'm pretty sure that is not what I meant, but okay?
I'm so fancy, you already know.